[LIVE] TV in 1080p Mode, XBMC not.
When I switch my TV on, at the top right it says it's in 1080p mode. The problem I'm having is that XBMC will not give me the option for a resolution above 1280x768 and it's been this way for over a year now.

My setup is an Acer Revo passed thru a Denon 1910 Amp and into my 1080p TV all via HDMI. My PS3 and XBox both utilize the same setup and defaults to 1080p perfectly.

Can I force XBMC into 1080p mode to see if my TV (as I know it does), will support it?

If so, where do I start?
Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
Home Page - Repo - Bug Tracker - Support Forum.
Are you using XBMC LiveCD or some other distribution?.

If you are using, lets say, Ubuntu you need to make sure that Ubuntu is displayed at the correct resolution. XBMC takes the resolution from the host OS.
check your xorg.conf. Also have you tried connecting XBMC to the TV and then outputting the sound from the TV to the amp?
Managed to sort this, but it's far from simple.
Ultimately, I had to specificy the correct information from my device, so XBMC uses it as opposed to guessing.

The way I sorted it is detailed in this tutorial. Involved, but sorted the problem! Smile
Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
Home Page - Repo - Bug Tracker - Support Forum.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] TV in 1080p Mode, XBMC not.0