GTX 460 DVXA problems
Recently built a new PC and using GTX 460 and when enabling DVXA I have terrible video picture breakup for a few seconds when skipping to a later stage of the movie.

I have no problems watching the film plays fine but looks horrible when skipping to a later stage in a film or tv programme.

Any help?
it's called DXVA Wink

which driver version and XBMC build are you using? also, this question might be more appropriate in the windows subforum.
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
sorry i thought being about graphics card, hardware was the right forum i would move it but dont know how?

Using the latest graphics card driver from nvidia, and using dharma 3 but have tried dharma 2, problem is in both?

So is it likely a bug rather than something i am doing wrong?
Dob1eman Wrote:I have terrible video picture breakup for a few seconds when skipping to a later stage of the movie.

That usually happens when the CPU is doing the decoding. What version of Windows? What CPU do you have?

well, I actually did have a look in the windows-specific support forum, and there's some threads about DXVA problems with current dharma betas

http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=59

some are related to ATI and catalyst versions, some are general DXVA problems. it would be very appreciated if you could try this with and without DXVA acceleration enabled and provide a debug log in the corresponding forum.
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
I am running windows 7 64bit home premium. I have core i7 950 and has mentioned gtx 460. Using 6GB of DDR3 ram. This problem does not appear with DXVA turned off.

How would I go about getting a debug report from xbmc?
Defiantly a DXVA bug. I guess the newer Nvidia cards aren't perfected yet. If you can, please submit a bug report:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...Bug_Report

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GTX 460 DVXA problems0