Randomly lost configuration settings upon reboot.
Greetings!

Ever since I rewired my HTPC setup through a receiver, it seems XBMC (version 9.10 or 9.11 - can't remember) keep resetting my audio settings randomly on reboot from digital/hdmi/passthrough to analog. It looks like the only time it's fully working is if I power on my receiver before the HTPC and make sure the TV is "listening" on the HDMI input channel.

While this isn't a major issue for me, it's more of an annoyance setting up the audio again - it's a pain for my wife when she's home alone with the kids and they don't take "it doesn't work, sorry" for an excuse. Tongue

Is there any way to force these settings (config file or similar) so that XBMC never alter them on its own? Is this "fixed" in newer releases like Dharma?
Devlin Wrote:Greetings!

Ever since I rewired my HTPC setup through a receiver, it seems XBMC (version 9.10 or 9.11 - can't remember) keep resetting my audio settings randomly on reboot from digital/hdmi/passthrough to analog. It looks like the only time it's fully working is if I power on my receiver before the HTPC and make sure the TV is "listening" on the HDMI input channel.

While this isn't a major issue for me, it's more of an annoyance setting up the audio again - it's a pain for my wife when she's home alone with the kids and they don't take "it doesn't work, sorry" for an excuse. Tongue

Is there any way to force these settings (config file or similar) so that XBMC never alter them on its own? Is this "fixed" in newer releases like Dharma?

I have noticed the same behaviour here to. Im using dharma b3, and i have noticed it from 9.11 and forth. Im using an onkyo reciver, but i dont think thats the problem. I think it could have something to do with my tv not being full hd, its only hd ready.. Forcing the resolution would be nice i dont know how to do it...
---------------------------------------------------
Intel NUC Haswell D34010WYK | ATV2 | Logitech Harmony One | Onkyo TX-NR808 Receiver | QNAP 809 | APC Back-UPS RS 550
alex84 Wrote:I have noticed the same behaviour here to. Im using dharma b3, and i have noticed it from 9.11 and forth. Im using an onkyo reciver, but i dont think thats the problem. I think it could have something to do with my tv not being full hd, its only hd ready.. Forcing the resolution would be nice i dont know how to do it...
Funny thing, I too have a HD-ready (not full HD) TV and an Onkyo receiver... Tongue
Devlin Wrote:Funny thing, I too have a HD-ready (not full HD) TV and an Onkyo receiver... Tongue

I had the problem before i got my onkyo receiver. I hoped that i will go away when i got my new receiver, but at my suprise it did not go away. Must be the tv and that it's only HD-Ready lol. I have read people modifying there xorg and stuff, maby thats the only way to go soon. Sit down an narrow this problem to the bottom, or maby go and get a new damn tv that has Full HD Oo
Intel NUC Haswell D34010WYK | ATV2 | Logitech Harmony One | Onkyo TX-NR808 Receiver | QNAP 809 | APC Back-UPS RS 550
Devlin Wrote:Funny thing, I too have a HD-ready (not full HD) TV and an Onkyo receiver... Tongue

Hey Devlin can you check out this tread
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=84181

I found the solution to my problem. Hope it helps =)
Thanks for the tip!

I'll check it out when I get home from work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Randomly lost configuration settings upon reboot.0