windows share to mac help?
i have a main pc with windows 7 ultimate that has all of the media and it shares it to other windows pc's around the house with no problem using the smb option in xbmc

and now i have a macbook pro that i am trying to get on the network as well but i cannot get to the files on my windows pc it keeps asking me for a username and password that does not exist i did not have to do this on the other windows pc's any ideas?:confused2:
It does exist its the user name and password you should have when you first start up your windows machine.

If not then you need to research sharing on PCs (Its the PCs fault btw) something to do with having to set a user name and password for shares for it to be available 'off windows' if one is not set then you get problems

I am not sure 'cause I do not use windows.
haha i think in leaning more toward it being macs fault for always making things more complicated than they have to be Nod

there is no password on the windows side because all of the other computers can access the files just fine with out any username or password. i tried putting the username i made when i first installed windows with out a password and that didnt work
No, you misunderstand, you need to research sharing the windows folders on stuff other than windows. I will try and find out for you.

Its not the mac, you are in the wrong forum mate Wink
garyi Wrote:No, you misunderstand, you need to research sharing the windows folders on stuff other than windows. I will try and find out for you.

Its not the mac, you are in the wrong forum mate Wink

haha your a funny guy. thanks for your help man im completely clueless at this point so any help is much appreciated

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
windows share to mac help?0