• 3(current)
Win XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows
At first thanks for your work and sorry for my english. I have Windows 7 64 Bit with the last Betaversion of Imon. I installed your Programm. Now when XBMC is started is see the words "XBMC" with the 5.1 Setup on the Display. But I see nothing changes if i play a film or something different. Whats wrong ?
Hm could you turn on the debug mode (under "General" options), then start xmbc, play a file and close xbmc and the application again and then post the content of the file "debug.log" (in the same folder as the XbmcOnImonDisplay.exe) here?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Here is the log
http://pastebin.com/Ht4bBHZP
sb206 Wrote:Here is the log
http://pastebin.com/Ht4bBHZP

That's a very odd debug log. Do you manually initialize the iMON display? The app never gets notified by XBMC that playback of a file has been started.
There is also a strange behaviour regarding the connection setup with XBMC. When my XBMC is not running it looks like this in my log:
Code:
01.11.2010 22:49:27 [GUI] Trying to auto-connect with XBMC
01.11.2010 22:49:27 [XBMC] XbmcJsonRpcConnection.IsAlive
01.11.2010 22:49:27 [GUI] Asynchronous starting to connect with XBMC
01.11.2010 22:49:27 [XBMC] Opening a connection to XBMC
01.11.2010 22:49:28 [GUI] Connection with XBMC failed

In your log it looks like this:
Code:
01.11.2010 21:19:33 [GUI] Trying to auto-connect with XBMC
01.11.2010 21:19:33 [XBMC] XbmcJsonRpcConnection.IsAlive
01.11.2010 21:19:33 [GUI] Asynchronous starting to connect with XBMC
01.11.2010 21:19:33 [XBMC] Opening a connection to XBMC
01.11.2010 21:19:33 [XBMC] XbmcJsonRpcConnection.IsAlive
01.11.2010 21:19:33 [XBMC] XbmcJsonRpc.Ping()
01.11.2010 21:19:33 [XBMC] Calling JSON RPC method "JSONRPC.Ping"...
01.11.2010 21:19:34 [XBMC] ERROR Error while calling JSON RPC method "JSONRPC.Ping"
    WebException: Die Verbindung mit dem Remoteserver kann nicht hergestellt werden.
            bei System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(TransportContext& context)
   bei System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
   bei XBMC.JsonRpc.JsonRpcClient.Call(String method, Object args)
01.11.2010 21:19:34 [XBMC] ERROR JSONRPC.Ping: Invalid response
01.11.2010 21:19:34 [XBMC] Closing the connection
01.11.2010 21:19:34 [GUI] Connection with XBMC failed

Looks like it is possible to open a tcp socket at port 9090 to the given IP but it is not possible to send an HTTP request containing a JSON RPC call to port 81.

Is it possible that you have another application running which already uses port 9090? If you don't know that you might need to use a tool like NMap to scan the port.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
That was is it. I have Sabnzb+ on my htpc. This Programm use the port 9090 for htps. After deaktivating Sabnzb it works fine. Could you make a Point in the Programm where is possible to change the port ?
sb206 Wrote:That was is it. I have Sabnzb+ on my htpc. This Programm use the port 9090 for htps. After deaktivating Sabnzb it works fine. Could you make a Point in the Programm where is possible to change the port ?

The problem is that the port 9090 is hardcoded within XBMC so I can't change it from my program. I will ask if it would be possible for XBMC to make it configurable.
Many thanks. But in the other way i can change the port in sabnzbd+. I think it where good if you give an advice for this problem in the first page. sabnzbd+ ist a program wich where often use
sb206 Wrote:Many thanks. But in the other way i can change the port in sabnzbd+. I think it where good if you give an advice for this problem in the first page. sabnzbd+ ist a program wich where often use

It would still be nice if it would be configurable within XBMC because there might be other applications which use the same port where you can't change it either.

I added a paragraph about known problems to my first post.
Just a big Thumbs Up for this piece of work: finally XBMC works with my IMON LCD ;-)
Keep up the good work.
Great work. Thanks for this!!!
I just wanted to let everyone know that I discovered a possible problem when using a remote to navigate through XBMC:

There seems to be a problem in the coordination of the remote receiver and the display controller in the Soundgraph software. Whenever you press a button on the remote the display freezes for a short time. If "XBMC on iMON Display" tries to change something on the screen in that exact moment (or a bit later) the display won't notice it and will continue showing its old state.

This seems to be remote independent as I got the same problem with the iMON remote as raptylos has with a Logitech Harmony.

I have notified Soundgraph about this and hope to here from them soon.
Next release v0.1.2.0 Beta is up:

Changelog (v0.1.2 Beta):
  • General
    • Option to enable XBMC on iMON Display to autostart with Windows
  • iMON
    • "5.0 Surround" (4 sattelites and a center speaker) added to sound system setup (Ticket #4)
  • XBMC
    • Changes to the Connection settings now take effect immediately as well (Ticket #3)
    • Experimental "Control mode" which can display the currently active control (and window) of XBMC for navigation purposes
    • Two fallback strategies when XBMC doesn't provide meta data information for playing files (Ticket #8)
    • Option to enable/disable the usage of the media type icons (Music, Movie, Tv, Webcast, News/Weather)
    • Option to enable/disable the usage of the audio/video codec icons
    • Option to define mappings for audio/video codecs to the available icons

The most interesting new feature might be the "Control mode". When enabled it displays the value of the currently active control within XBMC. It might have a slight delay and if you are switching controls too fast it won't be able to keep up but it should work fine for normale usage.
There is a problem when using a remote though. Because the remote is used to navigate through XBMC and there seems to be a bug in Soundgraph's software the use of the remote freezes the display for a short time. This also makes it mostly impossible to update the value of the current control on the display because the change occurs exactly when the remote is used and freezes the display. So currently this feature probably only works when using a keyboard/mouse to navigate through XBMC. But you can give it a try nonetheless to see how it works.
Thank you very much, but I still don't understand how you guys can use this tool, because when I volume up\down, the Bar of the volume stays on the imon screen and stuck there...
maybe its only me?
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
tomer953 Wrote:Thank you very much, but I still don't understand how you guys can use this tool, because when I volume up\down, the Bar of the volume stays on the imon screen and stuck there...
maybe its only me?

What exactly are you doing? Do you see anything when you have it running and start XBMC? How do you "volume up/down"? Are you using a remote to do that? If so it might have to do with the fact that pressing a button on a remote freezes the display because of some bug in the Soundgraph software.
Look, The tool is working perfectly, only two things are broken:
1. The volume thing, and I'll Explain:
When you change the volume on XBMC with the keyboard :
http://www.fastlanehw.com/reviews/160/XGene_21a.JPG
(the volume control on the top)
the Imon screen changes to bars, like: ###############
and after 2-3 secs, its desapear, and return to the movie information.
BUT - with your tool, the bars (##############) remains on the screen, and stays there, untill I hit "play\pause" button or "stop", and then it refresh the screen and give me the information again.

the second problem, it with the time bar, without your tool, it works perfectly, when I play movie - the top bar and the bottom bar is displaying the location of the movie.
BUT - with your tool, the top bar is always full, and the bottom bar is always empty, UNTILL - I press "play\pause" button, and then its get fix, when I resume the movie - the bar is full again.
so in other words, only when the movie is paused the bars works.

thanks, and sorry about my English again.
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows7