Zacate build for HTPC work great, but now about gaming
Love my Gigabyte Zacate build, Win7, 4gb Ram.

Venturing into gaming, BF3, MW3 etc...

Unplayable as my system sits and was wondering i a graphics card upgrade would allow close to full resolution play, or if my CPU just won't cut it.

New to all of this, as this was my first build ever.

Any help in the right direction would be great. Thanks.

Have about $150 to spend on a card if it'll help.
seedubxj Wrote:Love my Gigabyte Zacate build, Win7, 4gb Ram.

Venturing into gaming, BF3, MW3 etc...

Unplayable as my system sits and was wondering i a graphics card upgrade would allow close to full resolution play, or if my CPU just won't cut it.

New to all of this, as this was my first build ever.

Any help in the right direction would be great. Thanks.

Have about $150 to spend on a card if it'll help.
For some not heavy games, you might be able to get away with this (HIS H657HS2G Radeon HD 6570 2GB). For heavier games, you'll need this one (PowerColor AX6870 1GBD5-2DH Radeon HD 6870). Gigabyte Zacate is not going to cut it!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
So that card will allow me to play at full resolution? I'm confused by you saying Zacate won't cut it. Do you mean on its own? Or even with the card?
processor is not muscle'ed enough for gaming..
seedubxj Wrote:So that card will allow me to play at full resolution? I'm confused by you saying Zacate won't cut it. Do you mean on its own? Or even with the card?
You should be able to play a lot of lighter games with HD6570 in full resolution with HD audio too. If you are not a hardcore gamer, you'll like this card.

If you want to play hardcore games, you'll need HD6870. Physically, you'll need 2 PCIe slots just to fit it. The Mini-Itx Zacate mobo will not have room for it.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Great. Now I get it. Might just get a PS3 instead.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zacate build for HTPC work great, but now about gaming0