IMDB search is NOT = to IMDB search on web
Hi guys,

Many of my foreign movies are know very well by their English names, and if you search IMDB.com you will find those movies showing up with those English titles.

An example, Pelle the Conqueror, shows up in my database on XBMC as Pelle erobreren. In this case its not a major problem because the names are similar and I can find it, but other non-English titles are very different.

I think the IMDB search would be a lot better if it was smart enough to know that if you name your movies one way, it should not rename them in the database.

Thanks for all the hard work guys,

Mark.
Have you looked at the scraper settings? You can adjust which title it returns (i.e. original title, international....)
gabbott Wrote:Have you looked at the scraper settings? You can adjust which title it returns (i.e. original title, international....)

Hi
Thanks for the response,
Yes, my scraper settings are set for USA/International (which I think means English) and even If I do a Refresh, there is no Pelle The Conqueror, only the Swedish name...

Does anybody else have this problem?

Thanks,
Mark.
Hi. I also need your help in a problem. I have a problem with IMDB too. It downloads almost everything about the movie: StoryLine, Cast, an Image. But doesn't download the title, genre and runtime. Is there any option that i missing?

Thanks in advance.
wanthd Wrote:Hi. I also need your help in a problem. I have a problem with IMDB too. It downloads almost everything about the movie: StoryLine, Cast, an Image. But doesn't download the title, genre and runtime. Is there any option that i missing?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, the search button on the forum.
fredphoesh Wrote:Hi
Thanks for the response,
Yes, my scraper settings are set for USA/International (which I think means English) and even If I do a Refresh, there is no Pelle The Conqueror, only the Swedish name...

Does anybody else have this problem?

Thanks,
Mark.

I cannot reprodice this. Pelle The Conqueror shows up as Pelle The Conqueror for me if it's set to USA / International.

Please post a debug log (and make sure you are using the latest IMDb scraper version - 2.1.3).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IMDB search is NOT = to IMDB search on web0