VDR functionality available under a Windows OS ?
Hi all,

I had the plan to focus on a XBMC setup with VDR in the background, obviously based on Linux. Now that I really don't have much time, I felt that it might be easier to set something similar up under Windows 7 or XP.

Is there any VDR equivalent available for Windows, which integrates seamlessly into XBMC? -- Or will I have to continue with Linux.

Also, I have to rely on DVB-C with a CAM. Are these items well supported under Windows?

Sorry for the basic questions, but I'm not familiar with Windows TV recording capabilities. A while ago, there was the saying that VDR is the most powerful PVR at all, and that Windows is lacking an alternative.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Marcus
TV: Samsung 40U6300ES Full HD LCD
HTPC: Asus H97M-Plus, Intel Core i3-4150 CPU, 2GB RAM, DigitalDevices CineC/T Twin DVB-C adapter; Asus Blueray/DVD drive; Samsung 256GB 830 series SSD drive; Kodi 14.0 on OpenELEC 5.0.5
Several Windows alternatives for VDR are: MediaPortal, ForTheRecord, DVBViewer.
The MediaPortal TV-Server has support for DVB-C + several CAM solutions. I'm also a DVB-C + CAM user.

I've written an XBMC PVR client for the MediaPortal TV-server (see signature).
Another option is using a XBMC VDR PVR client under Windows and run VDR on a separate Linux server.
You can visit my website for unofficial Windows builds of the XBMC PVR-testing2 branch. These builds include 3 PVR clients: MediaPortal, TvHeadend and VDR.

Grt,
margro
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
This sounds interesting, thanks!
I guess, the next (well, over-next) XMBC release will again bring some nice features into our living rooms.

Regards,
Marcus
TV: Samsung 40U6300ES Full HD LCD
HTPC: Asus H97M-Plus, Intel Core i3-4150 CPU, 2GB RAM, DigitalDevices CineC/T Twin DVB-C adapter; Asus Blueray/DVD drive; Samsung 256GB 830 series SSD drive; Kodi 14.0 on OpenELEC 5.0.5

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VDR functionality available under a Windows OS ?0