[WINDOWS] Recent movie poster not reloading after changing them.
Thumbs Down 
Hi there.
First, let me say that because I don't know if this a platform related issue, I'm posting this on this sub-forum and not on the Windows sub-sub-forum.
Now, let's get this rolling:

Hardware & software:
XBMC: Dharma Beta 4

Specific issue:
After adding a movie by using a scrapper (i.e. PTGate), and changing the poster to another one different from the first one downloaded by the scrapper, the movie poster it's not updated on "recently added" sidebar, on the main menu.
Although, if another movie is scrapped after, it will update the previous poster, but the issue remains with the last one then. If the movie poster is changed, it will not update until another movie is added.

While using the Camelot version, this was not a problem. The first instance of this issue was noted with the Dharma beta 1, plus, I'm not sure, but I believe that adding a movie manually, or by scrapping it is irrelevant.

So, summarizing, after changing the poster of a movie, it will not update the poster of the said movie on the "recently added" sidebar on the main menu.

Any help will be appreciated, as any word if this a known bug and or if it will be dealt with.
Is bumping allowed? Rolleyes

Oh, and some times it seems that even if we add another movie, the previous poster doesn't update.
I have one movie that has been in my recently added for a long time. It wont budge, although the other 2 update accordingly. Sometimes, the other 2 are just blank, sometimes they work. Sometimes I get a recentlyadded.py error message. Sometimes I get a message about some timer that has been stopped, but I have no clue how to even set timers.

dharma beta 2
Star 
I'm a kinda noobie here, but thought I might add a few words about posters and updating. Kinda had the same kind of issues at first, then thought it was sorta fun... I could have two different posters for the same movie Smile

But the reality of that didn't last too long, but enough to sorta see what was happening. If you have individual movie folders, you can always get a poster up with an image called.... folder.jpg, then if you enter the folder (under file mode) scrape and pick a poster that is different from IMDB for the movie, the folder one is still retained. Further if you directly name a poster as thefile.tbn that becomes the default poster for that file... (multiple files in one directory/folder with separate posters). Sometime a simple rescan will allow the inside poster.tbn to overwrite the library poster.

But the second you do a cleanup, the library straightens out for folder with only 1 item and the 'first' .tbn becomes the poster. It also set's everything to one poster gain if you rescan from the internet. The real issue I have with the clean-up utility is that it seems to clear out my pathing link for individual posters I've hand picked located in the same folder, because there wasn't one available.

Keep in mind I don't have many issues with posters, but it does look like not all the cache's are cleared and updated in all areas. But at least you can recognize it... and eventually and hopefully these issues will get addressed.

It's not like I can't watch the movie.
It's not a software killing bug. I wouldn't stop using XBMC because of this, but it is as I said: just annoying, knowing that it doesn't update, when in a previous version it did.

Oh, and in case I didn't made myself clear, I'm talking about the recently added in the sidebar/gadget/widget, on the main menu, and not on the library itself.
Bump. Plus, the bug is still not fixed even with the final Dharma release...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Recent movie poster not reloading after changing them.0