Movie Information
I cannot figure out why my XBMC install will not display information about my movies and tv shows. I am using both Night and Aeon65 skins. I had my friend install both skins as well and by default all of the information for his shows and movies showed up. I use Ember Media Manager to scrape all my content. When i look in all my folders all the correct information seems to be in place. What am i missing?

in a movie folder i have this:
fanart.jpg
folder.jpg
movie.jpg
movie.nfo
movie.tbn
poster.jpg
poster.tbn
filename.jpg
filename.mkv
filename.nfo
filename.tbn
filename-fanart.jpg
filename-trailer.mp4

Any help would be appreciated.
Have you actually scanned the content into your library?
Nice directory... Rolleyes
prae5 Wrote:Have you actually scanned the content into your library?

What i've done is go into Video -> Add Source -> add the directory. I have not scanned anything. I did check the option "update library when xbmc starts" but that didn't seem to do anything.
olympia Wrote:Nice directory... Rolleyes

what's that supposed to mean?
I'm guessing you didn't set the content of that folder to "Movies"
opensauce Wrote:I'm guessing you didn't set the content of that folder to "Movies"

Yup, that's exactly what i didn't do. I just figured it out. Sorry for the newb question...thanks for the help!!
olympia Wrote:Nice directory... Rolleyes

merkaba Wrote:what's that supposed to mean?

It means you have scanned your media with every image type selected in Ember so you've got multiples of the same image that do the same job you only really need the following

If every movie is in its own directory

fanart.jpg
movie.tbn
movie.nfo
movie-trailer

or if movies are in same directory

filename-fanart.jpg
filename.tbn
filename.nfo
filename-trailer
>>X<<' Wrote:It means you have scanned your media with every image type selected in Ember so you've got multiples of the same image that do the same job you only really need the following

If every movie is in its own directory

fanart.jpg
movie.tbn
movie.nfo
movie-trailer

or if movies are in same directory

filename-fanart.jpg
filename.tbn
filename.nfo
filename-trailer

Okay, makes sense. I will change my settings in Ember so that it only get's the .jpg. I am now having another issue where when i set content on my TV shows to "TV SHOWS" and hit "OK". Nothing shows up in my TV SHOWS section in XBMC. For some reason they aren't applying properly. My movies are working perfect though.
once again you need to scan your shows into the library after setting content

-=Jason=-

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Information0