ION2 vs GT220 vs Core i3 GPU
Hi everybody. I need some offers. I'm currently using this setup.

Code:
Core2Duo E7400 2.8 Ghz
Asus P5KPL-AM SE
2 gb DDR2
Gigabyte GT220
OCW 40 GB SSD (285 mb/s Read / 270 mb/s Write)
2 tb WD Caviar Blue
DVD-RW
SkyStar 2 DVB-S PCI

So Today I will change some parts of this system. Here is new list.

Code:
Core i3 540 3.06 Ghz
GIGABYTE H55M-D2H H55
2 gb DDR3

and parts from old system

Gigabyte GT220
OCW 40 GB SSD (285 mb/s Read / 270 mb/s Write)
2 tb WD Caviar Blue
DVD-RW
SkyStar 2 DVB-S PCI

I'm using DVBViewer 4.5 for Live TV and XBMC Dharma beta4 on Windows 7. Ubuntu 10.10 is also installed for some test on tvheadend and pvr2-branch. Thanks dushmaniac for great PPA.

Anyway. First all of I will try Core i3 onboard GPU and motherboards HDMI. But that solutions isnt enought i will put old GT220 on system again.

I want build a low powered home server with 4 sata disk and dvb-s2 card. That system will run on Ubuntu 10.10 and tvheadend. All tvshows music and movies will on that server. Also TVheadend server with dvb-s2 (maybe dual tuner). I will use normal rtps connection for live tv on Windows XBMC until usable pvr branch come on Windows.

I also need a silent and if possible low powered HTPC frontend. I will use Windows 7 because some Google Earth and Web browsing with Google Chrome on big screen its really usefull. Also Flash for Linux currently didn support hw acc.

Interlacing is important for Live TV. I'm not sure Core i3 GPU capable of this. But I know its possible on GT220.

After all of this information here is the question.

Is ION2 and Atom 330-520 or best of Atom 525 (1.8 dual) system capable of interlacing and flash hw acc. It can be replace of GT220 for all decoding, upscaling, interlacing functions.

What will your offers for that status.

I'm sorry for my bad english and this long message. Sad
First things first: given your needs don't even bother with the i3 Intel GPU. Just put that GT220 in from the get go.

Schumi Wrote:Is ION2 and Atom 330-520 or best of Atom 525 (1.8 dual) system capable of interlacing and flash hw acc. It can be replace of GT220 for all decoding, upscaling, interlacing functions.

No Atom available can decode HD Flash in Linux. You need at least a 2.2GHz Core2Duo to do that decently....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ION2 vs GT220 vs Core i3 GPU0