Xbmc startup
Good morning to the whole community here.
I write to you from Greece so if my English is not good enough pls forgive me.
I am asking your help for my following questions.

1. How can i activate the XBMC to be shown upon computer's startup? I mean that when i switch my computer on to see the XBMC interface and not the Windows.
2. How can i activate the Greek language support? In my hard disk i created few folders for my movies. i.e ACTION-DRAMA-CRIME e.t.c So if i write DRAMA-ΔΡΑΜΑ in Greek language when i return to XBMC it shows me on the upper left side of the screen with green letters DRAMA followed by the letter P

Thanks for your attention and sorry for my English.
what os are u running?
Currently addicted to Night. Watch this teaser and join the forum.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs from the ClearLOGO site and forum
Try my changes to the Night skin if u like how they looks
zwat Wrote:what os are u running?
I am running WIN7 and thanks for your reply
if u got a fixed htpc under the tv i would dl the autologin script from http://www.sysinternals.com and copy the xbmc shortcut to startup folder.
zwat Wrote:if u got a fixed htpc under the tv i would dl the autologin script from http://www.sysinternals.com and copy the xbmc shortcut to startup folder.
Yes my HTPC is always connected with my TV , but i do not understand all the rest of your message because i am not so expert with the computers and especially with XBMC.
I was trying to fix these problems through XBMC Settings.
THanks again
P.S I am always connected with the Internet....
1. Right click xbmc.exe and click "create shortcut". Put that new shortcut in the startup folder- C:\Users\****\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

2. Need to translate language/strings.xml. Be warned the fonts might not translate well, is on my to-do list...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
mcborzu Wrote:1. Right click xbmc.exe and click "create shortcut". Put that new shortcut in the startup folder- C:\Users\****\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

2. Need to translate language/strings.xml. Be warned the fonts might not translate well, is on my to-do list...
Good morning. I created a shortcut but sorry for my silly question where can i find the path C:\Users\****\AppData\roaming etc ?
In my language/strings.xml the Greek language exists with a lot of greek words in. In my XBMC/NIGHT/SETTINGS/APPEARANCE/INTERNATIONAL you have a lot of foreign languages and i can see the difference but in the greek and two more languages there are not such characters.

Thanks for your attention and i am pleased to communicate with the person who creared this excellent SKIN.......

Have a nice day..
mcborzu Wrote:1. Right click xbmc.exe and click "create shortcut". Put that new shortcut in the startup folder- C:\Users\****\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Finally i found the startup folder through cmd i wrote exactly what you told me C:\Users\**** e.t.c > but writes that this command is not recognised as external ot internal command......
A quicker way would be to create the xbmc.exe shortcut then to find your startup

Cick on the Start Menu button
Then Click All programs
Scroll down to the folder named startup
Right click Startup folder and left click open
Copy the Xbmc shortcut into the folder window you just opened

That should sort it for you
agoMiST Wrote:A quicker way would be to create the xbmc.exe shortcut then to find your startup

Cick on the Start Menu button
Then Click All programs
Scroll down to the folder named startup
Right click Startup folder and left click open
Copy the Xbmc shortcut into the folder window you just opened

That should sort it for you
Yes Yes this is it.Very easy way and fast.Thanks a lot for your help.
Certainly when i restarded the computer i saw the Win 7 blue screen but after 4-5 seconds the XBMC main screen appeared and covered the first one.
One more question. In the main menu if i deactivate the settings and the shutdown and then my keyboard the mouse and the remote control for any reason do not work how can i go to windows again back ?

Have a nice day..........
Hit ALT+TAB to switch to windows from XBMC.
bencorn Wrote:Hit ALT+TAB to switch to windows from XBMC.
Sorry but it does not work
SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote:Sorry but it does not work

Alt Tab Should work but if it did not and your XBMC running in fullscreen then simply hit the "Windows" key on your keyboard which should be in the middle between the "Ctrl" and "Alt" keys on your keyboard. then you will be able to use the mouse to Close XBMC.

Cheers,
EG.
not sure about greek keyboardlayout but on norwegian u can press the "|" button (between "tab" and "1") then u set xbmc in windowmode and can use windows as u like.
You could also use Alt + F4 which should close xbmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc startup0