Audio out of Sync
Hello guys

Im new into this XBMC thing, and i just got a HTPC with XBMC on it.
My setup is this:
TV - SONY KDL55NX810
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS AT3ION
A/V RECEIVER - MARANTZ NR 1501

In this setup, im only playing MKV files in 720p and 1080p.
First on, i was not satisfied with the smoothness of my playback of the vidoes - it looked like the video was missing alot of frames.
And yes, DXVA2 is enabled Wink
Then i tried "ADJUST DISPLAY REFRESH RATE TO MATCH VIDEO" and what an effect - total smoothness playback - NICE Wink

BUT - the video is way off the audio. I can get this better when using "LIP SYNC" on my receiver to 200 MS, but still not good. My guess is, that im missing 30 - 70 MS, but my receiver only goes up to 200 MS Sad

What can i do to make the audio sync with the video better than my settings now ?

I've tried "SYNC PLAYBACK TO VIDEO" and all three settings "AUDIO CLOCK" but no effect at all.

How about V-SYNC - should this one be on or off?

Does anyone in here, know what to do now?

Thanks.
Im not sure what your TV's lag is, but Sony's are know for their video latency (got one myself).

XBMC lets you set a video delay, start a movie, press 'enter' for the OSD, got to audio settings, there you can set the audio delay to match the output from your TV.
When you are happy with the setting, select that last option in the audio settings of the OSD; 'Set as default for all movies'.
Ohhh THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

Just the feature i was missing!
By the way, keep vsync on if at all possible. It avoids tearing.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
michelskovbo I have the same sony tv. Love the tv but am having issues getting and media server to work well.
I had Wild Media Server working but it would only see some files.
I've installed xbmc on my pc and everything seems to be working but my tv says there are no compatible video files when I try to access the pc through the tv.
Any ideas?

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio out of Sync0