Music Library playcounts et al from last.fm
Lightbulb 
Hey all, got a suggestion for the music library.
Currently, XBMC maintains a history of playcounts and dates for library items; obviously, these are specific to XBMC. However many of us use XBMC, our PC media player (for example, while at work), our mp3 players, etc. All of these can sync to last.fm which serves as a persons kind of playing history in addition to it's social networking and music recommendation features.
Anyway, I think it would be great if XBMC could download play data from last.fm and update its internal database accordingly. Smart playlists would benefit, I think.. I use playlists of popular and not-popular tracks pretty often. Not to mention that any future features or plugins that work with XBMC would have more data -- consider a local graph of your play history that didn't require you to go to your last.fm page, and was totally inclusive!

That's my suggestion, thanks for a great program. If nobody goes after this, I may try my hand at a plugin for it (I don't know python, but I know C and Perl, it can't be that hard..)

CLM

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Library playcounts et al from last.fm0