ACER REVO 3700 - No Audio over HDMI
Hi, I'm new here, but have been searching the forums for a while trying to fix my problems with audio over HDMI. I have tried pretty much every solution I have found on here, but have not fixed the problem.

It seems that there are no NVIDIA drivers to enable Audio over HDMI for the ACER ASPIRE REVO 3700 ION2. I have run "aplay -l", which only reveals two devices, both HDA-Intel analog and digital, and no NVidia HDMI. I have installed drivers from 256.25 to the latest 260.19.12. I have modified asound.conf, alsa-base.conf, checked alsamixer, etc.. Basically any mods you can find on this forum or on the web, I have tried.

Does anyone have this machine with XBMC Live. If so, were you able to get Audio over HDMI working and how. I am guessing the NVidia drivers are not supporting Audio over HDMI for this ION2.

Please Help, These late night troubleshooting sessions are getting tiresome.

Thanks in advance.
Have you tried the latest Dharma beta? The live image is available here

cheers
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------
Try openelec.tv too - it has pretty good support for ion2 hardware.
I am running the latest Dharma beta 4.
I tried out openelev.tv. Still had no audio. Also, had framebuffer error when installing, but could not add fix. I was unable to enter into the terminal, ended up with just a blank screen with blinking cursor. I also was unable to run aplay -l to check for audio hardware. Also, the menu in openelec.tv seemed a little sluggish compared to XBMC Live.

Thanks for the input.
rcorkill Wrote:I tried out openelev.tv. Still had no audio. Also, had framebuffer error when installing, but could not add fix. I was unable to enter into the terminal, ended up with just a blank screen with blinking cursor. I also was unable to run aplay -l to check for audio hardware. Also, the menu in openelec.tv seemed a little sluggish compared to XBMC Live.

Thanks for the input.

Are you sure you grabbed the correct version? I think the last release was http://snapshots.openelec.tv/OpenELEC-IO...32.tar.bz2

The menu's certainly shouldn't be more sluggish. I've got another ion2 box today, I'll test openelec on it but most reports seem to indicate it works.

Also on your non openelec installation, how did you install things? You need upto date nvidia drivers and alsa for it to work.
I am running the latest version. There is a slight pause when switching from menu item to menu item.

I am getting frustrated with this machine. I am about ready to go get a Acer 3610.
Hi,

rcorkill Wrote:I am running the latest version. There is a slight pause when switching from menu item to menu item.

I am getting frustrated with this machine. I am about ready to go get a Acer 3610.

can you login in OpenELEC.tv via ssh/putty:
username: root
password: openelec

then try:
Code:
aplay -lL | wgetpaste
dmesg | wgetpaste
lsmod | wgetpaste
lspci -vvv | wgetpaste
amixer | wgetpaste

and provide all this links, i will look if i can add soundsupport for this Acer Revo 3700
greetings, Stephan

openelec.tv Wrote:Hi,

then try:
Code:
aplay -lL | wgetpaste
dmesg | wgetpaste
lsmod | wgetpaste
lspci -vvv | wgetpaste
amixer | wgetpaste

and provide all this links, i will look if i can add soundsupport for this Acer Revo 3700

I can not seem to get into a terminal ssh (ctrl-alt-f2 thru f12), all I get is a blank screen with a blinking cursor and it will not let me type.

I tried your latest build in 64 and 32 bit versions, but no dice, and I still can't access the terminal.

Please let me know how to get to the terminal, so that I can get you that info.

BTW, I can access the terminal with XBMC Live.
Hi,

rcorkill Wrote:I can not seem to get into a terminal ssh (ctrl-alt-f2 thru f12), all I get is a blank screen with a blinking cursor and it will not let me type.

I tried your latest build in 64 and 32 bit versions, but no dice, and I still can't access the terminal.

Please let me know how to get to the terminal, so that I can get you that info.

BTW, I can access the terminal with XBMC Live.

there is no local shell, thats not an issue. you have another PC to connect via Putty/ssh to this box?
greetings, Stephan

there is no local shell, thats not an issue. you have another PC to connect via Putty/ssh to this box?

I'm sorry, I didn't catch the statement about using putty. It was late last night when I responded. I am unfamiliar with putty, but I will look it up and try it out.

Thank you.

then try:
Code:
aplay -lL | wgetpaste
dmesg | wgetpaste
lsmod | wgetpaste
lspci -vvv | wgetpaste
amixer | wgetpaste

Here is the links you requested. Based on this information (which I really can not decipher) it looks like it should work. This is done on the 32 bit version of openelec for ion. I hope it would be the same for the 64 bit version.

http://paste.pocoo.org/show/286835/

http://paste.pocoo.org/show/286836/

http://paste.pocoo.org/show/286837/

http://paste.pocoo.org/show/286838/

http://paste.pocoo.org/show/286841/

Thank you for your help.
Try selecting custom output and passthrough in xbmc system/system/audio output and typing "plughw:1,7" without the quotes. I dont have an ion2 but this works with a g210.

cheers
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------
harryzimm Wrote:Try selecting custom output and passthrough in xbmc system/system/audio output and typing "plughw:1,7" without the quotes. I dont have an ion2 but this works with a g210.

cheers

You have saved me. That worked!!!!! I have been fighting this for a week.
Well, I have sound for my movies, but no sound for the menus or online streaming videos.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ACER REVO 3700 - No Audio over HDMI0