Movie Logos
I know this may sound absurd, but I think it would look amazing inside the movie library. Does anyone think it could be possible to somehow implement movie logos, the same way that we have tv show logos. I realize how daunting of a task it would be to create thousands of logos, but it would really make the interface have a professional look.

Thoughts?
indy5 Wrote:I know this may sound absurd, but I think it would look amazing inside the movie library. Does anyone think it could be possible to somehow implement movie logos, the same way that we have tv show logos. I realize how daunting of a task it would be to create thousands of logos, but it would really make the interface have a professional look.

Thoughts?

Would be cool, BUT, with all the trouble with the request log for tv shows, noone will want to take on this task.
To learn more, click here.
I like the fact I use posters for movies and logos for Tv. need some type of diversity so every thing isn't looking the same.

-=Jason=-
Flomaster Wrote:I like the fact I use posters for movies and logos for Tv. need some type of diversity so every thing isn't looking the same.

-=Jason=-

Not so much to replace the posters, but to appear at the top of the screen where the title is currently written in plain text. This would be in the showcase view.

I just found this site, which has a good collection of the more recent movie titles.

http://www.boxofficereport.com/media/movielogos.shtml
not really good quality and no transparency there. that's not good
I'm game for anything but no way am I taking this project onLaugh

Flomaster Wrote:I like the fact I use posters for movies and logos for Tv. need some type of diversity so every thing isn't looking the same.

-=Jason=-

And I do agree the above. And another reason they work in TV is TV shows are identified by their logos, the logos are iconic. Other than huge movies like Terminator/Ghostbusters Movie logos don't really define the Movie unlike TV Shows...

Plus XBMC-wise you have 3 levels of navigation, TV/Season/Episode, so logos work best and have more exposure....

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
I Myself would love this. But I can see how big a task it would be.
I honestly don't see how it would work. There are a lot of iconic films with distinctive Title fonts that would work but everyone who uses XBMC is pretty much guaranteed to have a slew of lesser known/independent films which don't.

For Instance within XBMC I have 132 TV shows and 123 logos for those shows
Within those shows I don't have logos for they are mostly TV Series which people will be familiar with (Law & Order LA/Trial By Jury, Norm, Mr Show) Y'know, not amazingly popular per se but you'll have heard about them most likely

In comparison I've around 830 films which range from easily manageable Blockbusters like Iron Man to the fairly obscure (Anguish, Possession) to really old (I walked With A Zombie, White Heat) to severely indie (August Underground, The Gamers: Dorkness Rising)! Half the time you have to search for an adequate poster and pretty much sack off the fanart.
To throw film Logos into the mix isn't just a big project it's phenomenal and pretty much counter productive. The TV Show Logo makers can't keep up with the new shows (though they try their damndest) let alone create a logo for each individual show that has existed in the past.

Given the amount of films which are released on a weekly basis to even attempt to create a database of film logos is foolhardy at best. Sure all the big blockbusters will be accounted for, but in my case that's probably 10-20% of my film library which means 700 or so logo missing entries

It's just not practical especially since, despite best efforts, it's not been possible to 'get on top' of the needs for TV logos...

By the by, I apologise for my rambling as I'm a teeny bit inebriated
It's not so much that all movies must have recognizable iconic logos, but pretty much all films have the title in a very specific font, thats add character to the title.

I guess I am just looking at ways of making the interface more stunning. Everything looks so great, but then at the top of the screen, you simply see the title of the movie in a rather dull blue font. It's very functional, but not exactly pretty.

I don't mean to start a war of philosophies regarding how the menus needs to be broken down, or how daunting of a task it would be to collect these logos, it was merely to open a discussion on how this may be possible.
I Think is safe to say that the idea is great. I Can not help but think it would look fantastic to have Movie logos.

But the things that would need to be sorted would be the image format size. As soon as you have that. You can then worry about how end users will get the images. Hell, Nothing like making your own for the movies you can't find images for. And what's the worst that can happen if you don't have an image? You would still get the "Fall back" of the teal coloured letter titles (coding permitting).

I Know the work environed to make a site for end users to get the logos would be a massive undertaking. Even the cost for the bandwidth could get expensive. And that a good few image artists would be needed even with end user contributions. It is a super massive task.

But with that said. I Say put it in. What harm could come from it?

"If you build it, they will come."
Imho it's useless, but if you want to start it go for it.
Just make sure all of your images have the same dimensions/alignment and are of good quality.
I'd hate to see another clearart fiasco where half the work is crap and the other half is gold.
Personally I suggest using the clearlogo rules for a base guideline because they're established and they work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Logos0