Graphic glitches and strange behaviour under Ubuntu 10.10
Hello everyone,

I used XBMC under Ubuntu 10.4 for quite some time. I used the stable version from ppa at first but then compiled the Dharma betas myself. Both worked fine in general. Then I decided this week to upgrade to meverick meerkat and thats everything went terribly wrong. The upgrade itself went fine without problems. XBMC does start, but it shows several graphical glitches like fields of random pixels where characters should appear, flickering background, missdrawn backgrounds and so on.
Also my remote doesn't react as it is supposed to. It seems as the direction keys are double pressed, so I skip items in lists. Videoplayback of SD videos seems to work fine, but also the pause button seems to be double pressed making it hard to pause videos.
This effects happen in the stable versions from the ppa, the self compiled Dharma beta 4 and also in the svn:ppa version.
My mediacenter has a Ati Xpress 1200m graphics card, an AMD double core processor, 2 GB of RAM and standard onboard sound (and a CrystalHD card). I replaced the Gnome desktop with lxde due to performance reasons.

I hope anyone can help me. If you need any further information, just ask. I am pretty desperate to get XBMC back working again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Graphic glitches and strange behaviour under Ubuntu 10.100