[LINUX] PulseAudio and XBMC Dharma Beta 4?
I have Lucid, 10.04.1, 32 bit, ALSA 1.0.23, NVidia 256.53.

MSI GT210 with onboard audio disabled. Pioneer VSX-519V-K receiver connected via HDMI

I set up my audio based on this topic:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=80779

Config files are:

Quote:a. “sudo wget http://pastebin.com/download.php?i=f5f9654bb -O /etc/asound.conf”
b. ”sudo wget http://pastebin.com/download.php?i=f2e38265 -O /usr/share/alsa/cards/HDA-Intel.conf”

And I enabled one line in pulse config file (/etc/pulse/default.pa):
Quote:load-module module-alsa-sink device=hw:0,7 channels=6 channel_map=front-left,front-right,rear-left,rear-right,front-center,lfe

Right now all system-wide sounds working fine. Video is playing fine (totem player) with full surround on all files I have.

More important for me, I have online TV and youtube (Moonligh, Adobe). All that works fine with pulse

Though Dharma does not.

Audio Device I have and only producing sound in Dharma is Analog Audio Device 5.1. I know, the name is confusing, because I don't have anything besides digital HDMI for GT210, onboard audio is disabled in BIOS. it is just came from config somewhere with confusing "Analog" word. If I change to HDMI there is a silence regardless of Audio Device output and Default pass-through

On some files it plays fine. On another, with the same type 5.1 DTS track it just gives high-pitch crackling slightly resembling what is happening on the screen.

One DTS ES 7.1 says "Unable to initialize audio device" for the same settings. This file is properly downmixed to 5.1 in totem player. If I switch to "HDMI" from Analog, no error is being shown. But no audio either.

Is there a way to make Dharma to work with Pulse? Or just disable it for XBMC Dharma only? If I call XBMC this way: "pasuspender -- xbmc" XBMC hangs on video playback. Though it shows new "alsa hdmi sink..." in audio device settings.

As much as I understand, if I disable pulse audio, rest of the apps will be separate mission to make them to work. One for Adobe Flash, one for Moonlight, one for Youtube. One for UI sounds. Etc, etc. I do not really want to go this way

Thanks!
Try this:
Code:
sudo cp /usr/share/xbmc/system/asound.conf /usr/share/xbmc/system/asound.bak
sudo cp /etc/asound.conf /usr/share/xbmc/system/asound.conf
Thanks,

tried it, didn't help with a first problem: DTS is highly corrupted, popping, hissing, high frequency, slightly resembling a soundtrack.

DTS-ES 7.1 started to play, though

Downgraded to Camelot. Everything is working perfectly. Will try to use asound.conf from Camelot
With a PureVideo NVidia card and VDPAU you can get smooth HD video in XBMC. Now I guess the last nagging issue is getting surround sound. I see people posting "I have surround working" or "surround works fine on my setup" and "full 5.1 surround working great" and so on. However, where is the guide to making this work? My searches are not turning up any good surround sound guides. Can someone point me to this?

locohost Wrote:With a PureVideo NVidia card and VDPAU you can get smooth HD video in XBMC. Now I guess the last nagging issue is getting surround sound. I see people posting "I have surround working" or "surround works fine on my setup" and "full 5.1 surround working great" and so on. However, where is the guide to making this work? My searches are not turning up any good surround sound guides. Can someone point me to this?

I did following things:

1) Installed NVidia 256.53.
2) Installed ALSA 1.00.23 with instructions outlined in readme file, that came with ALSA
3) Replaced 2 files and uncommented/edited the line to Pulse config file exactly as mentioned in original topik
4) Unmuted audio with "alsamixer" call.

Please note, if you do major updates (kernel headers), or nvidia update you need to recompile ALSA as instructed in #2

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] PulseAudio and XBMC Dharma Beta 4?0