TV Show Season Thumb
Not sure if its because i updated to Dharma Beta 4 or what but i cant change a specific season of a shows Thumb anymore (or ive forgotton how!)

i.e Season 1, 2 and 3 of Sons Of Anarchy, i have managed in the past to give season 1 and 2 a diferent thumb, Season 3 has a diferent thumb but im unable to fine how to change it and it is incorrect.

Any ideas
No idea; however, I do not see how this would be a skin related issue...
Doh!! Had 2 tabs with the forums open and posted in the wrong one.

Sorry!
Should be a simple navigate to the icon on season level
Press 'C'
Choose 'Set Season Thumb'
Navigate to thumb

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
mcborzu Wrote:Should be a simple navigate to the icon on season level
Press 'C'
Choose 'Set Season Thumb'
Navigate to thumb

I am having a problem as well where all my season thumbs are identical to season 1 thumb. When I try to change the thumb like mcborzu said...it only gives me the option to browse for a new thumb. I used to be able to select the season thumb from theTVDB.com for each individual season. What am I doing wrong? Or how can I correct this?
I would double check your scraper setting's and also make sure it's still on thetvdb. It's not a skin fault as mine is working fine. It's only going to show you the list of thumbs that the scraper is capable of pulling. I would recommend to grab the newest xbmc and install it again, and also make sure it's using the newest version of Back Row in the Add-ons skin list to make sure. Hopefully that will help fix it, since otherwise it's doing something not normal from the rest of us.

Update- Just to make sure your doing it properly. You need to hit the C button (bringing up the context menu), then choosing "Set Season Thumb" while inside a selected tv show (the list changes sometimes depending on where your at), and you should see the different available show thumbs to get. I just checked and it IS working properly (IE- Just tried it with Simpson's and Family Guy shows.)
djdafreund Wrote:Update- Just to make sure your doing it properly. You need to hit the C button (bringing up the context menu), then choosing "Set Season Thumb" while inside a selected tv show (the list changes sometimes depending on where your at), and you should see the different available show thumbs to get. I just checked and it IS working properly (IE- Just tried it with Simpson's and Family Guy shows.)

thank you for your response. I just upgraded to dharma. The thing is when i select Set Season thumb it only really lets me browse files on the local drive. previously this was searching thetvdb place. not sure what is going on....

actually it is weird. when i set season thumb for the "*all seasons" it allows me to select from the scrapped files. but for instance if i try it on season 1....it only looks on my local drive
This is definitely odd. It's working fine on my end. How about trying confluence and see if it's doing the same thing, although i would be shocked that should make any difference, since it's only displaying what the scraper grabbed, and also since it's working fine for us.
Are you using some kind of nfo creating media manager (like ember?) - that could cause this to happen. If that's the case change the season thumb in that particular application instead of from within XBMC.

Or possibly the season thumb has only recently been added to the TVDB - if that's the case remove the show from the XBMC library and rescan it.
I'm not able to find the Season Thumbs setting, nowhere in the scraper configuration or anywhere else.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

EDIT: I should be more specific I suppose. I am using TheTVDB scraper, but the only options I can get to in Configure are:
Use DVD Order:
Use Absolute Ordering:
Enable Fanart:
Prefer Posters:
Language:

Also running Dharma 10 on Linux, the scraper is from the addon repository and the latest version.

Second edit: Seems to work after rescraping shows. Guess I have a few hundred season thumbs to download Smile

Editmaster in action (I don't like postwhoring so I keep it to one as much as I can): For anyone else, after rescraping, I can set various season thumbs without issues. Just select Refresh on the show in question, you don't need to refresh for all episodes and then it should get you all the thumbs, provided you use the scraper from the addons for TheTVDB.
Nice one - thanks Praesten
well i replaced my tvdb.xml file with the one below which worked partially. It's always sunny in philadelphia seasons automatically showed different thumbs when i loaded library. but real problem is still there where it will not let me select thumbs from tvdb for EACH season without manually loading them from local disk

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...light=tvdb
FlyingNun Wrote:well i replaced my tvdb.xml file with the one below which worked partially. It's always sunny in philadelphia seasons automatically showed different thumbs when i loaded library. but real problem is still there where it will not let me select thumbs from tvdb for EACH season without manually loading them from local disk

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...light=tvdb

Did you try going to the show, going Information -> Refresh -> (no on refresh all) and see if more appeared?
Praesten Wrote:Did you try going to the show, going Information -> Refresh -> (no on refresh all) and see if more appeared?

no this didnt work for this problem. But thank you. This addressed a different problem I was having withe the "Life" series scrapping the incorrect series. Thank you!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show Season Thumb0