Gesture support?
Lightbulb 
I find that all the remotes out there use soft-buttons, and though they are adequate, I find that my fingers are hitting the wrong button(s) when trying to navigate.

Would it be possible to add gesture support so that simple gestures act as a method of navigation? Swipe left/right/up/down tap to make selection. I think this would be more intuitive than buttons and provide a better integrated experience so one doesn't have to constantly take their eye's off the television when navigating around xbmc.
Yes we all know it sucks. According to the roadmap somebody's working on it. Tho, its been almost a year so im not sure whats happening.
Yep got the code already somewhere and it will be the next thing to be integrated.
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
I just setup an Elo Touchscreen on Ubuntu 10.10 last night, took about 30-45 minutes to go through the whole setup process, but I got it working and now it is at the end of the couch controlling my XBOX XBMC Babylon edition. My question is it possible to get PC XBMC and xbox XBMC to communicate? What I am after is gesture support for XBMC on PC touchscreens, but I want to be able to graphically and with gestures, browse the library and anything else that might be cool with gestures. What I am thinking, is create the same library on the PC so I can visually explore it without having it come for the original xbox (slow), but also use gestures to move around and browse through that local library. Maybe I have to create a specific X11 C++ binary for the interface and gestures, and then have cURL post to the XBMC webserver?
You are knocking on the wrong door here. This is the android remote control forum.
Closing thread. Once this is implemented and there are issues, please use the issue tracker or post a new topic.
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gesture support?0