• 17(current)
Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon
That's so funny, what you like.
Big Grin
Big Grin 
(2012-04-27, 19:34)ruuk Wrote: I just got myself banned for spamming on the Boxee forums while testing Smile

Ooooooops, not quite the plan Rofl
Hi ruuk
i managed to get you reinstated at boxee forms,they are now aware your testing
Wink
(2012-04-27, 22:37)hasselhof Wrote: Hi ruuk
i managed to get you reinstated at boxee forms,they are now aware your testing
Wink

Thanks. I sent them a message, but it's nice to have a second person vouch for you Smile
(2012-04-21, 02:42)hasselhof Wrote: VW vortex is working now ok, but I was having trouble seeing images in the following forum "art & design" > pin up girls, most of the coloured image links don't show, is there any way to show these types of links
Checked it out, and fixed it for the next version
(2012-04-21, 02:42)hasselhof Wrote: the four buttons along the bottom of the main screen ie subscription messages etc could do with being focused in a different colour than that used to select the forums.Also the red progress bar at top right is dark red upon red, which is fine on the forum choice page, but when in thread and post pages, there isn't much difference in colour as the progress works along, it appears as the same colour red almost.
Fixed both for the next version.
(2012-04-21, 02:42)hasselhof Wrote: If I remove a local forum, and re-add it to my m/c from the online data base, the online database graphic had gone blank.
I know why, added to my todo list to fix.
(2012-04-21, 02:42)hasselhof Wrote: if I'm in a forum and i'm presented with more than one image, the first image I see has a left arrow and a right arrow at the bottom of image,but I couldn't get any key on the keyboard or button on remote to activate the left or right icons to shift to next image, in fact even if there is only one image to view the image is embedded with a left and right make believe icons.It's not a problem as such but it makes you think you can see the next image by pushing right on your remote.Maybe they are best removed.
Yeah, that's left over from some previous usage. I'll either remove them or make them usable. Added to the todo.
(2012-04-21, 02:42)hasselhof Wrote: I like the fact that you take the time to update the changelog, some developers don't bother
It's something I had to learn was useful. I wasn't always so dilligent Smile
(2012-04-21, 02:42)hasselhof Wrote: Is there a way you can identify a Tapatalk forum from a forumrunner forum with maybe an icon or text.I'm not sure how to tell the difference but I think the forumrunner forums load a lot quicker and are generally a lot speedier in use.
It's something I've had on my mind. Just added it to the todo list.
(2012-04-21, 02:42)hasselhof Wrote: I've noticed if I press skip back on my remote I can jump a page backwards at post level, with no xbmc messages appearing, same for forwards, but I get a message saying "playlist" "can't find next item to play" but it does actually jump forward a page.
I'll have to check that out. It may be something I can't change.
(2012-04-21, 02:42)hasselhof Wrote: I've noticed that there is a bit of screen debris left at some points of usage, ie if I click "change forum", then , imeadialtley click back without selecting a forum on my remote i'm left with overlays on screen(I'm not sure if that's what it's called)
I couldn't duplicate that on Confluence. It sounds like (and looks like) either a skin or XBMC issue. I'll try it with Transparency and see if I can duplicate it.
(2012-04-21, 02:42)hasselhof Wrote: can you confirm that the default skin is actually the light skin or are they different?
Yes it is the same.
(2012-04-21, 02:42)hasselhof Wrote: I've noticed on some forums, that they have headers like xbmc.org did, you removed the headers as they had a blank screen behind them I seem to remember. .The message says "There are no threads in this forum".
Did you confirm in a browser that they are headers and and have no threads. Could you point me where to go to test?
(2012-04-21, 02:42)hasselhof Wrote: I added xbmc4xbox from online database again and it gave me a double entry in my local list.
That's because it's on tapatalk now and still in the local scraper list. I'll remove it from the local list for the next version.
(2012-04-21, 02:42)hasselhof Wrote: When in dark skin the spinning icon is only one circle, I think it's the outside one, the inner swirl doesn't appear.
Yeah, I'll fix that eventually. The normal icon looks bad on a dark background so I modified it. I tried to do something nicer, but I was having trouble getting the animated gifs I made to display properly.
(2012-04-21, 02:42)hasselhof Wrote: I've been through, all the online forums in the database and here is the forums with problems that I can see.
xbmchub, - blank posts - xbmchub they say they are very close to being ready
xbmc4xbox - has random text at the top of each post in < > these style brackets
dvhk.pl - "error getting posts try again"
isrbja.net - says no threads in this forum on some of the headers
extreme overclocking - says "error getting posts" " post security error user may not have permission" (I solved this message on the holiday truths forum be registering, maybe the message could be changed to "You need to register to see posts")
polygame - error getting forums
zetaminor - error getting forums "unknown encoding application / json
andriod forum - possible time out due to being a big forum
celeb forum - error getting forums, unknown encoding : text / json
maybe to solve a headache for you, delete these troublesome forums, as I added most of them when I was randomly adding forums to the database.
xbmc4xbox is due to it using the old scraping method instead of tapatalk. That should be fixed when I remove the old thing.
dvhk is a broken scraper forum that may get fixed when I get my new parser method working
Error messages are what tapatalk returns, so I can't really change them.
The rest I'll need to check out.
(2012-04-21, 02:42)hasselhof Wrote: Also the logs are from two sessions, you may well see the errors your looking for in there somewhere regarding the ssl/http fall back.
Well, nothing for the ssl stuff there, but it does show some things that need fixing.

(2012-04-24, 19:57)hasselhof Wrote: the post reply button has dark hard to read text inside it, I think it's supposed to be white writing, on all the forums i've been on tonight, but xbmc.org is white text inside the post a reply button which looks betterSmile
It's disabled because you're not logged in.
Version 0.9.30

Changes:
- Fixed hard to see progress bars on dark skin
- Fixed issue with images not showing up in the images list
- Fix encoding issues with application/json error (forumrunner)
- Remove included XBMC4XBox scraper definition (now tapatalk enabled)
- Fix some encoding errors with smilies
- Added quote parsing for Phpbb forums
- Fixed Boxee forums with new parsing method (Most of it is working now, anyway)

On my REPO.
Hi ruuk
thanks for getting back to me on all those points, it will be good to try new version ,im on my holidays by the seaside at the moment and typing this on my phone, but i've snook my windows laptop with me, so will try and test in coming days as having lots and lots of
rain

makes sence the post reply button is dark when not logged in.
I realized that I left some testing code in that will probably make Boxee not work at all (and perhaps affect other stuff). I'll fix it when I get home from work in about 5 hrs Blush
(2012-04-28, 14:34)ruuk Wrote: I realized that I left some testing code in that will probably make Boxee not work at all (and perhaps affect other stuff). I'll fix it when I get home from work in about 5 hrs Blush

No probs.
Version 0.9.31

Changes:
- Remove testing code

On my REPO.
I've just realised i've left my laptop charger at home, which is 300 miles away. For the next week or so im on holiday so when i get chance i will see what charge is left in the battery for a quick test thanks for the update
(2012-04-28, 20:36)hasselhof Wrote: I've just realised i've left my laptop charger at home, which is 300 miles away. For the next week or so im on holiday so when i get chance i will see what charge is left in the battery for a quick test thanks for the update

Just because I'm obsessively writing code, that doesn't mean you have to obsessively test it Smile

Whatever you do, enjoy your holiday.

Rick
Just had a quick look on the Boxee forums, can't post cause I haven't got an account and I don't really use Boxee, but I can browse it just fine Smile
I know what you mean about obsessive coding lol.

I meant to ask, when I added TVCatchup manually I got a nice logo, but the second time I added it from the online database I didn't get one. Is there any way I can get it back?
(2012-04-28, 21:27)dj_gerbil Wrote: Just had a quick look on the Boxee forums, can't post cause I haven't got an account and I don't really use Boxee, but I can browse it just fine Smile
I know what you mean about obsessive coding lol.

Posting may not work anyway. When I was testing it I kept getting a message about how the post would be visible when a moderator approved it (which doesn't normally happen when posting from the web site). I'm not sure if that has to do with a problem with the posting code or because the same behavior that led to me being banned had raised some sort of flag before the ban actually happened. I'll have to do more testing.

In any case, the main reason for most people to care about the Boxee forum working is that with the new method I should be able to easily get most vbulletin forums working. I'm hoping to be able to (with a decent degree of accuracy) allow users to add vbulletin forums in the same way as the tapatalk and forumrunner forums. If I can pull that off, then I'll try getting other forum types to work. All this is of course after I get a stable version to the main repo.

My current 'roadmap' is as follows:
- Finish my short term TODO list. Not that much is left. (at the moment I just finished forum subscriptions - viewing, subscribing, unsubscribing)
- Ask here if anyone can think of any last minute small things that should be changed/fixed
- Cleaning the code and testing
- Ending with some release candidates and then
- Submit to the main repo
(2012-04-28, 21:27)dj_gerbil Wrote: I mant to ask, when I added TVCatchup manually I got a nice logo, but the second time I added it from the online database I didn't get one. Is there any way I can get it back?

Hmm, try removing it and re-adding it. Also, the logo is a url to the online image, so it is possible that it may not always show. I'm adding an option to do download logos in my TODO list. I removed and re-added TVCatchup just now. I had a logo before, it was there on the list when I added it, and it was there on the top of the forums view after. Not sure why it wasn't there for you.

If you could, try looking at the file .xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.forum.browser/forums/TT.forums.tvcatchup.com
and see if it has url:logo=http://i.imgur.com/NUpje.png

Oh, by the way, when you edit posts, I don't get notified of the changes, so I will probably not notice. I just by chance happened to be browsing through and noticed you edited your post Smile
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Forum Browser - Programs Addon5