• 3(current)
Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon
Bunch of changes and additions in this one Smile

Download link below:

http://forumbrowserxbmc.googlecode.com/f...-0.7.7.zip

Re-designed Posts interface
Added Post view with links and images side menus
Added Polish translation - thanks to scalpel
Added ability to view Private messages ('Messages' button) for xbmc.org, boxee.tv and dvhk.pl
Added 'Always Login If Possible' setting, which for now allows updating pm count
Added 'Add Line Before' in post editing context menu
Changed page jumping on posts and threads to handle logged in sort/page number issues
Changed page options in settings to 'Open Thread At Newest Post' and 'Reverse Sort Posts'

Added avatars to private messages
Fixed avatar image updating issue
Added theme coloring to post message window
Changed colors for xbmc.org
Forums, threads and posts now load in a background thread and are interruptable/cancelable
Fixed bug with xbmc4xboc paging
Improved Forums and Threads window interface.
Fixed handling of nested display tags.
Added the ability to delete private messages (xbmc.org,boxee.tv,dvhk.pl)
Added theming to lists (dark and light) default is to set by forum, but can be overridden in settings

Download link below:

http://forumbrowserxbmc.googlecode.com/f...-0.7.8.zip
ruuk - this is awesome! will it be added to the official repository?
Yeah, I just want to make sure it's stable and that all the features are in place before I post it to the repo.
Every update is more functional and nicer. Thanks
Tweaked some things and filled in some gaps. If all is well in this version I'll post to the repo.

Changelog:
Modifed theme in replies for highlighted users
Added default avatar for users without avatar
Fix dialogs and displays for private messages to match the context
Got avatars working for boxee.tv and member status working for boxee.tv and xbmc4xbox.org
Mark sticky threads for all forums (probably including dvhk.pl if I can ever connect to it)
Next/Previous paging buttons now only visible if necessary.

Download link below:

http://forumbrowserxbmc.googlecode.com/f...-0.7.9.zip
So, I have no idea if this would be out of the scope of what you are trying to do, but...

It occurs to me that if you could somehow provide access to the wiki in this plugin, you could just make it a "Support Plugin"--and perhaps they would include it with XBMC by default.

Just a thought. Internal access to help for XBMC=very user-friendly, and a good idea. It diminishes the idea that people have to "discover" the forum or the wiki, like it is some horrific journey through the jungle of the internet.
New version posted to the repo. It may take a while to show up.

If you can't wait you can download it from this link:

http://forumbrowserxbmc.googlecode.com/f...-0.8.0.zip

Changes:

Fixed: dvhk.pl now works again (Can view and create PM's but PM counts on the message button don't work - I will have to fix that)
Fixed: Selecting the post editor list when empty caused error
Added close buttons for mouse users
Missing images in Post Message window now show a default if XBMC fails to display them
Fixed: Clicking on empty list while loading was aborting load
Now disables "Messages" button when not implemented (for example xbmc4xbox.org, currently)
Experimental:
Added an option in settings to use a text editor instead of the current 'line' editor
for editing posts/PM's. Currently needs a keyboard and will probably only work with US keyboards.
XBMC doesn't have a multi-line text input so I had to do some fancy tricks to make to make this work.
Expect a few minor quirks with text navigation. Also - and = will work but will also change the volume.
Use CTRL-\ for backslash otherwise you'll just toggle fullscreen and there's nothing I can do about that Smile
Controls: Use the context menu button/right mouse click for options. CTRL-PgUp/PgDn will operate on
the preview window.
Will test it, thanks! BTW. dvhk.pl has got hosting problems so there could be some problems to read it.

Regards
Hi, cool addon.

I've just tried it and I have threading issues. Right now plugin is in deadlock, dialog window hangs up and is waiting for some thread. Here is pastebin. What I did was browsing a few topics. It took quite long time for one of them to load, so I've stopped it. Then I tried to login which took long time too, so I've decided to close addon.
It looks like you have too poor internet connection.
lzoubek Wrote:Hi, cool addon.

I've just tried it and I have threading issues. Right now plugin is in deadlock, dialog window hangs up and is waiting for some thread. Here is pastebin. What I did was browsing a few topics. It took quite long time for one of them to load, so I've stopped it. Then I tried to login which took long time too, so I've decided to close addon.

The way I have the threading working, when you cancel an action or change an action, it tells the thread to stop and then starts a new thread if you've started some other action. When the old thread finishes any current blocking activities it will then see that it is stopped and not continue. I do this in this way because I cannot stop a blocking operation (such as opening a URL) and cannot kill the thread from the main thread. Normally this is not a problem except that if the site is down or some such thing then the thread will keep waiting for the open to finish. Then, when exiting the script I have to wait for any running threads to finish before it closes or else it will crash XBMC.

Hope that made sense Smile

One thing I could do is make the timeout shorter, or configurable.

If anyone can tell me a way to kill a thread from the main thread that would be great. I found one way, but it required modules not available in XBMC.
I was just on pastebin, and saw there an api link, and was wondering when you would get around to using it, so that one press of a button and the debug log is pasted to pastebin, and the url recovered is inserted into the post.

Although that debug log would have a little unnecessary clutter, but still just sounded funny from the perspective of laid back couch automation.

Smile
ruuk Wrote:If anyone wants to extend Forum Browser to access other forums, the forum format files are separate from the script, and anyone with knowledge of Regular Expressions can create one without needing to do any scripting. I'd be happy to help anyone do that Smile

Can I hold you to this? Smile I'm trying to get the hfboards.com forums to work, is there any chance you can take a peek and give me a heads up on some things that I'm going to have to change? I can muddle my was through regular expressions, I'm just looking for a "what is used for what" kind of overview and a list of a few things that I'm going to have to look at.
mbetter Wrote:Can I hold you to this? Smile I'm trying to get the hfboards.com forums to work, is there any chance you can take a peek and give me a heads up on some things that I'm going to have to change? I can muddle my was through regular expressions, I'm just looking for a "what is used for what" kind of overview and a list of a few things that I'm going to have to look at.

Yeah, no problem. I'll get back to you with more, probably tomorrow - I'm off to bed right now. I took a glance, and it looks like a vBulletin forum, which is good, because three of the four forums I've done are vBulletin. I'll probably go over one of the forum files and add more notes to the comments, and send that to you with some tips and such. If you want you can email me at [email protected] and I can reply to you from there.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Forum Browser - Programs Addon5