• 42(current)
Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon
Hi ruuk,

I've just tried to unsubscribe from a forum & a thread, & I get an xbmc reboot every time.
It happens on both windows & xbmcbuntu everytime.
I've tried it on Confluence & Aeon Nox 4 skins

See logs below

Windows log
XBMCbuntu log
(2013-02-03, 10:28)hasselhof Wrote: Looks like signatures are not showing in xbmc.org but are showing in xbmchub. I've checked & unchecked the toggle in settings
Thanks for your time.
Without looking at anything or remembering how it works, I think the signature on xbmchub shows up in the normal returned data as a signature, and in xbmc.org it is in the extra info (I've seen it there) with the signature data blank. If that's the case, I just need to check the extra info when getting the signature data if the signature data is empty,
(2013-02-03, 13:15)hasselhof Wrote: Hi ruuk,

I've just tried to unsubscribe from a forum & a thread, & I get an xbmc reboot every time.
It happens on both windows & xbmcbuntu everytime.
I've tried it on Confluence & Aeon Nox 4 skins

See logs below

Windows log
XBMCbuntu log

No errors in your logs, but I tried the same thing - crashed XBMC with no errors in my log either.
I'm wondering if this is a similar problem to the crashes caused with the activity splash. DIsabling the activity splash didn't fix it, but it does seem to happen when I close the sucess dialog. I'll have to look at the code and try some things.
Version 1.2.0

Changes:

- Fix a bug causing errors when retrieving a cached logo
- Make 'Manage Notifications' dialog build the forums list before displaying so that it waits to pop-up till after the processing is done
- Added help for 'Manage Notifications' on the options menu
- Rearranged settings sections to 'General', 'Notifications' and then 'Advanced'
- Created 'Video' section in settings
- Moved 'Hide Video Overlay' to Video section in settings
- Added 'Ask Before Interrupting Video', 'Return To Interrupted Video', 'Pause Video On Dialogs', 'Stop Forum Video On Forum Browser Close', 'Allow Return To Interrupted Video After Close', 'Bypass - XBMC Resume Dialog' and 'Pre-Offset (Seconds)' to Video section in settings
- Fix: When service failed to get forum info, a notification display was triggered
- Fixed issue with not giving immediate focus to notifications dialog
- Fix: Unsubscribing from thread/forum crashing XBMC
- Fix for signatures not appearing when signature is saved in extra info in the format of "name's signature"
- Added 'Hours Until Notify Data Considered Stale' and 'Dialog: Only Show Notify Enabled Forums' to Notifications section in settings
- Split settings help into separate help option for each section, and updated help for all settings.

On my REPO.
With all the new features and the move to Frodo, I'm planning to move to version 2.0 in the near future. The plan is as follows:

Add filtering to the online database dialog
Add an option to search the online database
Add the ability to customize what user info is displayed on the posts lists for each post

After I've done those things, I'll feature freeze and then it will be testing and some release candidates and when things seem stable, I'll move it to 2.0 and submit it to the main repo.
(2013-02-04, 23:23)ruuk Wrote: Version 1.2.0

Changes:

- Make 'Manage Notifications' dialog build the forums list before displaying so that it waits to pop-up till after the processing is done
- Rearranged settings sections to 'General', 'Notifications' and then 'Advanced'
- Added 'Ask Before Interrupting Video', 'Return To Interrupted Video', 'Pause Video On Dialogs', 'Stop Forum Video On Forum Browser Close', 'Allow Return To Interrupted Video After Close', 'Bypass - XBMC Resume Dialog' and 'Pre-Offset (Seconds)' to Video section in settings
- Fix: When service failed to get forum info, a notification display was triggered
- Fix for signatures not appearing when signature is saved in extra info in the format of "name's signature"
- Added 'Hours Until Notify Data Considered Stale' and 'Dialog: Only Show Notify Enabled Forums' to Notifications section in settings
- Split settings help into separate help option for each section, and updated help for all settings.

On my REPO.

This is another big update ! Big Grin I've had a quick play unsubscribe doesn't crash any more what was the problem ?.
Sinatures show in posts in xbmc.org

The help section is very clear , could you add a (seconds) next to notify length Shy

Thanks for update will continue to check it out
Version 1.2.1

Changes:

- Fix: Notify service dialog will now popup over Forum Browser dialogs.
- Added the ability to filter forum lists in the add from online database dialog by keywords or wildcards
- Added 'Search Database' to the the category list in the add from online database dialog
- When clicking the stop button, focus now moves to the 'Change Forum' button
- Options dialog can now open with no connection, options that require a connection will be disabled
- Clicking disabled items in a dialog will no longer close the dialog, they will just do nothing
- Forums window context menu will now popup when no connection, showing only 'Refresh' and 'Help'
- Removed attempt to compensate for DST in activity times in the posts list as it appears unnecessary (and breaks the time)
- Added the 'Post User Attributes To Display' to General section in settings, allowing users to define info shown in posts lists
- Fix: When failing to connect when getting forum lists, was still trying to get PM counts

On my REPO.

Starting now I'm feature freezing development.
Please let me know of any bugs, usability issues, missing help etc.

(2013-01-26, 01:25)hasselhof Wrote: Also would be nice to add reputation.

Done Smile
(2013-02-05, 08:30)hasselhof Wrote: I've had a quick play unsubscribe doesn't crash any more what was the problem ?.

When unsubscribing from a thread, the script would remove the unsubscribed forum from the list of subscribed forums. It did this by get the list of 'ListItems' from xbmc, removing the one that was unsubscribed and then adding those 'ListItems' back to the list. This used to work fine, but for some reason since Frodo it crashes XBMC. I had the same issue with my Facebook-Media addon which was causing all kinds of havoc because of the way that one works.

I have Friday free for checking out updates thanks ruuk
Hi ruuk,

did some more testing Smile

Found some spelling mistakes & extra words etc

Extra Word
Extra Word 2
Spelling
Spelling 2
Spelling 3
Spelling 4
Spelling 5
Spelling 6
Spelling 7
Spelling 8
Spelling 9
Spelling 10
Worded Wrong

Also I've noticed that the #post number is missing in latest version

No Post Number 2
No Post Numbers
Post Numbers ok in V 1.1.9

still testing Smile
And another
Spelling
(2013-02-04, 23:23)ruuk Wrote: Version 1.2.0

Changes:

On my REPO.

All the "Help" sections are very clear & easy to understand, throughout forum browser.
"Settings" section is looking a whole lot better, more organised now that you've rearranged it all.
Video related features all seem to be working as described, well done with this feature I like it a lot. The Pre-offset (seconds) is very nice Smile.
Unsubscribing from forums / threads works ok again, no more restarting of xbmc.
xbmc.org is now retrieving signatures and displaying ok, signature now gone from user extra info.
Individual settings help is much appreciated (and is probably why nobody asks any questions here)Smile.

Something for the todo list possibly,
If it's doable or not to much trouble, can I ask for the settings option to be put at the top of the options list,
as more often than not I'm heading for the settings button after clicking the options tab, this could save a lot of clicking
especially when testing forum browser.

Oh & ignore my spelling Big Grin

(2013-02-06, 23:19)ruuk Wrote: Version 1.2.1

Changes:

- Fix: Notify service dialog will now popup over Forum Browser dialogs.
- Added the ability to filter forum lists in the add from online database dialog by keywords or wildcards
- Added 'Search Database' to the the category list in the add from online database dialog
- When clicking the stop button, focus now moves to the 'Change Forum' button
- Options dialog can now open with no connection, options that require a connection will be disabled
- Clicking disabled items in a dialog will no longer close the dialog, they will just do nothing
- Forums window context menu will now popup when no connection, showing only 'Refresh' and 'Help'
- Removed attempt to compensate for DST in activity times in the posts list as it appears unnecessary (and breaks the time)
- Added the 'Post User Attributes To Display' to General section in settings, allowing users to define info shown in posts lists
- Fix: When failing to connect when getting forum lists, was still trying to get PM counts

On my REPO.

Starting now I'm feature freezing development.
Please let me know of any bugs, usability issues, missing help etc.

Search facility works good in the online database, it looks like it uses the forum title / description for matching keywords.
So the description is important to be filled out correctly.

Can confirm the options dialog does open with no internet connection, also the forums window context menu shows up ok, my menu items are
"View online user", "View forum info", "Refresh", & "Help"

Activity time seems a little more accurate.

"Post user Attributes to display" is a neat feature, just what I was looking for !.Is it possible to have three defined info's displaying
currently I have reputation,postcount, with "platform,occupation,location" as fallbacks, are these to stay in the settings.xml after an update
so that you don't have to define them again

On interrupt video, then continue original video, when the original video continues it plays in full screen as opposed to the small overlay I was originally watching it in, if you see what I mean, it would be nice for it to drop back to the overlay window.The video that interrupts the original was played in full screen by xbmc, so I think it uses these settings to replay the original video also in full screen , instead of the desired overlay.
Could the interrupting video be played in an overlay ?.

The Settings option "xbmc notice duration" would be better to have (seconds) next to the entry in the settings page and in the help page.

When clicking the red stop button, my focus doesn't move to the "change forum" button, it leaves a blank screen Screenshot 1 Screenshot 2 but by clicking the back button it takes me instantly back to where I come from. See Log Sorry about all the jargon in the middle.

This is brilliant ruuk, thanks for keeping interested in Forum Browser, I always look forward to trying out your updates / new ideas.
Hopefully when it's pushed out as V2. it will hit a lot more homes, and a few more people might stop by.

What about if your repo goes onto the Unofficial adds-ons repo list as well
Add-on Repository although You control your official releases in the xbmc.org repo, adding your repo to the unofficial repo might get you some more testing done, on different skins & platforms etc.

Thanks for your time Smile

(2013-02-08, 16:32)hasselhof Wrote: Also I've noticed that the #post number is missing in latest version

I was at work when I saw your post, but I knew exactly what I did. Since I was not showing post count by default I tried to removed the code setting the post count property for the ListItem that the skin uses to get the info. Instead I removed the post number. Whoops Smile

(2013-02-08, 16:32)hasselhof Wrote: If it's doable or not to much trouble, can I ask for the settings option to be put at the top of the options list,
as more often than not I'm heading for the settings button after clicking the options tab, this could save a lot of clicking
especially when testing forum browser.

There are two reasons I have the settings at the bottom just over the help. One is that I figure that normal users (who are not testing Smile ) will use the settings at first and then once things are the way they want, they generally won't mess with them. The other is that this is the way most application menus place the settings option (at or near the bottom). For instance on the Chrome browser I'm using at the moment, at the bottom is settings, about, help, exit. Not to mention that the menus wrap, so you can just press up twice to get to the settings option.
(2013-02-08, 20:38)hasselhof Wrote: Can confirm the options dialog does open with no internet connection, also the forums window context menu shows up ok, my menu items are
"View online user", "View forum info", "Refresh", & "Help"

Well, it's not the internet connection that was the problem per se, Forum Browser doesn't detect the internet connection. But when a forum failed to load on startup, FB was left in a state where some of the options on the menu would cause errors, so I originally mad the menu not display in this case. I changed it so that now the menu will display, but the options that won't work are disabled.
There is actually a few things I could do "under the hood" to handle this situation better, and I will probably do it at some point.

(2013-02-08, 20:38)hasselhof Wrote: "Post user Attributes to display" is a neat feature, just what I was looking for !.Is it possible to have three defined info's displaying
currently I have reputation,postcount, with "platform,occupation,location" as fallbacks, are these to stay in the settings.xml after an update
so that you don't have to define them again
I thought about doing more than two, and then I got lazy and didn't Smile I can make it three. And, yes, the settings will remain after an update.

(2013-02-08, 20:38)hasselhof Wrote: On interrupt video, then continue original video, when the original video continues it plays in full screen as opposed to the small overlay I was originally watching it in, if you see what I mean, it would be nice for it to drop back to the overlay window.The video that interrupts the original was played in full screen by xbmc, so I think it uses these settings to replay the original video also in full screen , instead of the desired overlay.
Could the interrupting video be played in an overlay ?.
I'll add it if it's possible. I think it might be.

(2013-02-08, 20:38)hasselhof Wrote: When clicking the red stop button, my focus doesn't move to the "change forum" button, it leaves a blank screen Screenshot 1 Screenshot 2 but by clicking the back button it takes me instantly back to where I come from. See Log Sorry about all the jargon in the middle.
That's only supposed to happen on the forums window. Before if you hit the stop button, the focus was still on the stop button when it disappeared, which made it impossible to select anything, so I made it change focus to the 'Change Forum' button.
(2013-02-08, 20:38)hasselhof Wrote: This is brilliant ruuk, thanks for keeping interested in Forum Browser, I always look forward to trying out your updates / new ideas.
Hopefully when it's pushed out as V2. it will hit a lot more homes, and a few more people might stop by.
Thanks Blush
(2013-02-08, 20:38)hasselhof Wrote: What about if your repo goes onto the Unofficial adds-ons repo list as well
Add-on Repository although You control your official releases in the xbmc.org repo, adding your repo to the unofficial repo might get you some more testing done, on different skins & platforms etc.
About a week ago I stumbled across the xbmc.org unofficial list and thought that perhaps I should add it. If you want to, you can add FB to those lists, or if not, I will do it when I get a chance. I think the xbmc.org wiki just needs someone to edit it in, but I've never added anything to a wiki before I don't know - perhaps someone with the right permissions needs to do it.

As for the things I didn't comment on in this post and your other posts, I'll be working on them for the next update.
Thanks for your answers. I'm going on holiday on Saturday (in the morning) for a week so away from pc . I will do more when I get back
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Forum Browser - Programs Addon5