Dharma Beta 4 shutdown/restart behaviour
Hello,

Since several days i have the beta 4 installed on my ion system, it's working great, but i have seen some weird behaviour towards the shutting down and restarting of the system from XBMC.
The system can be restarted normally from the commandline via ssh and with the remote (when XBMC is running). BUT:

After i have played a video file, the system will respond very strangely when i try to reboot or shutdown it with the remote. It will shutdown XBMC, and then start it up again. The system itself is never booted or goes into shutdown.
After this 'restart' of XBMC it can be restarted from the remote normally again (and goes through it's whole bios thing like it's supposed to) and it will shutdown normally again as well.

So far i've noticed this only happening after i played a video, on a fresh boot it functions just fine. I've looked around a bit for people with similar problems but failed to find much info about this. I don't think it is a policy thing, because there would probably be more information to find on this problem.
Does anyone here have any idea of what could be going on here? I'm happy to take any suggestions or tips.
Since BETA3 xbmc restart often just like you but mine do it when I exit from any script... when I stop a video and things like that
RC2 has the same problem here. Shutdown and restart both seem to trigger a X11-restart. Using LIVE install.
My previous version of XBMC used to behave strangely on shutdown from the remote and I found a good fix for it. Unfortunately, now that I've rebuilt my Acer Revo with Dharma, it's doing the same thing, only I can't find the fix...

Apologies for lack of assistance in this post, but I'd be interested in any fixes that you may have found.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dharma Beta 4 shutdown/restart behaviour0