[RELEASE] Skype (VoIP Program) Addon
Regarding the annoying Skype windows, you can overcome that issue by starting fluxbox alongside XBMC and adding something like:

[app] (name=[Ss]kype)
[Workspace] {1}
[Hidden] {yes}
[Jump] {no}
[end]
[app] (name=) (class=) (role=CallWindowForm)
[Workspace] {1}
[Close] {yes}
[end]

to the ~/.fluxbox/apps file. This will move all Skype windows to a different workspace. To start fluxbox alongside XBMC I needed to hack the /usr/bin/runXBMC and the /usr/bin/startfluxbox files. I can post the hacks here if you want.

Thanks!
Although it's a cool hack, I don't think it's gonna work, mainly because I use gnome....:p. I also have to solve it via python in order for the addon on to be easily installed (someday....).

First attempt will be to find a way to manipulate gnome (considering I'm working on gnome) in order to have every window minimized (or sent to another workspace). If I find a way to do that, I will try to do the same with KDE and fluxbox.

edit: The easiest way to tackle this problem is to set the XBMC window to "always on top". Already implemented it via python for gnome, and I have a feeling that it is gonna be pretty easy to do it for kde & fluxbox
Dont make such a nice addon Only with linux support..

ps for Anwmalos: An ta katafereis tha einai gamato addon Smile Synexise mi ta parathseis ( To exoume auto to kousouri emeis oi Ellines Tongue )
Although I don't know if it will work on any other platform, I will certainly try it later on. I already tried to make it work in windows (for about 5 minutes) and failed.

I have some other projects I am working on so progress is a bit slow, but I will continue working on it. I just came back from the stores with a brand new webcam to hang under my TV and hookup to the media center pc Wink
Big Grin 
It will be os independent if you make it to work with the api they provide

https://developer.skype.com/login

http://developer.skype.com/accessories

If not probably gonna fail or have to make diff versions for diff os

Good luck we count on you .... You may ask some Skilled skinner for help with nice overlay animated menus !!

keep up
instead of :

Code:
BASE_RESOURCE_PATH = xbmc.translatePath( os.path.join( os.getcwd(), 'resources', 'lib' ) )

Use :

Code:
BASE_RESOURCE_PATH = xbmc.translatePath( os.path.join( os.path.dirname(__file__), 'resources', 'lib' ) )
or, even better, use xbmc.translatePath(os.path.join(addon.getAddonInfo('path'),'resources','lib'))
I've been struggling to try to get this to work in Windows. It seems like I'm almost there, but I am a complete Python newbie.

It seems that all the instructions I see are for a Linux version of XBMC. For example, instructions about compiling XBMC to use an external python installation appears to use Linux-style compilation parameter of --enable-external-python.

If this is the case, are there instructions on how to get the Skype addon working for Windows XBMC?

I've got the default.py including what I think are the right paths and the xbmc.log seems to show everything is loading except the very last line which I'm hoping someone can help me with.

This is what my default.py changes look like:

Code:
PYTHON_PATH = "C:\Python32"

sys.path.append (BASE_RESOURCE_PATH)
sys.path.append (BASE_RESOURCE_PATH + "/Skype4Py/")
sys.path.append (PYTHON_PATH + "/DLLs/")
sys.path.append (PYTHON_PATH + "/lib/")
sys.path.append (PYTHON_PATH + "/libs/")

Here's my log of attempting to run the Skype addon in XBMC:

Code:
20:14:04 T:5164 M:1997508608  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
20:14:04 T:5164 M:1996419072   ERROR: Win32DllLoader::Load: Unable to load C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\DLLs\_ctypes.pyd (193)
20:14:04 T:5164 M:1996419072   ERROR: LoadLibrary('_ctypes.pyd') failed
20:14:04 T:5164 M:1996414976   ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.ImportError
20:14:04 T:5164 M:1996414976   ERROR: Error Contents: DLL load failed with error code 193
20:14:04 T:5164 M:1996111872   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\tthibodeau\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.skype\default.py", line 31, in ?
                                                import gui
                                              File "C:\Users\tthibodeau\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.skype\resources\lib\gui.py", line 5, in ?
                                                import Skype4Py
                                              File "C:\Users\tthibodeau\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.skype\resources\lib\Skype4Py\__init__.py", line 100, in ?
                                                from skype import Skype
                                              File "C:\Users\tthibodeau\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.skype\resources\lib\Skype4Py\skype.py", line 10, in ?
                                                from api import *
                                              File "C:\Users\tthibodeau\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.skype\resources\lib\Skype4Py\api\__init__.py", line 223, in ?
                                                from windows import SkypeAPI
                                              File "C:\Users\tthibodeau\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.skype\resources\lib\Skype4Py\api\windows.py", line 16, in ?
                                                from ctypes import *
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\ctypes\__init__.py", line 7, in ?
                                                from _ctypes import Union, Structure, Array
                                           [b][size=small] ImportError: DLL load failed with error code 193[/size][/b]

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with 64 bit Python 3.2 installation. If I try using 32 bit Python installation a different error shows up in the log:

Code:
21:49:01 T:4700 M:1852641280  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
21:49:01 T:4700 M:1852481536   ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.ImportError
21:49:01 T:4700 M:1852481536   ERROR: Error Contents: Module use of python32.dll conflicts with this version of Python.
21:49:01 T:4700 M:1852481536   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\tthibodeau\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.skype\default.py", line 31, in ?
                                                import gui
                                              File "C:\Users\tthibodeau\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.skype\resources\lib\gui.py", line 5, in ?
                                                import Skype4Py
                                              File "C:\Users\tthibodeau\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.skype\resources\lib\Skype4Py\__init__.py", line 100, in ?
                                                from skype import Skype
                                              File "C:\Users\tthibodeau\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.skype\resources\lib\Skype4Py\skype.py", line 10, in ?
                                                from api import *
                                              File "C:\Users\tthibodeau\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.skype\resources\lib\Skype4Py\api\__init__.py", line 223, in ?
                                              File "C:\Users\tthibodeau\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.skype\resources\lib\Skype4Py\api\windows.py", line 16, in ?
                                                from ctypes import *
                                              File "C:\Python32/lib/ctypes\__init__.py", line 7, in ?
                                           [b][size=small] ImportError: Module use of python32.dll conflicts with this version of Python.[/size][/b]
I'd love to get Skype working in XBMC! Your help is so appreciated!
tthibodeau Wrote:I've been struggling to try to get this to work in Windows. It seems like I'm almost there, but I am a complete Python newbie.

It seems that all the instructions I see are for a Linux version of XBMC. For example, instructions about compiling XBMC to use an external python installation appears to use Linux-style compilation parameter of --enable-external-python.

If this is the case, are there instructions on how to get the Skype addon working for Windows XBMC?

I've got the default.py including what I think are the right paths and the xbmc.log seems to show everything is loading except the very last line which I'm hoping someone can help me with.

This is what my default.py changes look like:

Code:
PYTHON_PATH = "C:\Python32"

sys.path.append (BASE_RESOURCE_PATH)
sys.path.append (BASE_RESOURCE_PATH + "/Skype4Py/")
sys.path.append (PYTHON_PATH + "/DLLs/")
sys.path.append (PYTHON_PATH + "/lib/")
sys.path.append (PYTHON_PATH + "/libs/")

Here's my log of attempting to run the Skype addon in XBMC:

Code:
20:14:04 T:5164 M:1997508608  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
20:14:04 T:5164 M:1996419072   ERROR: Win32DllLoader::Load: Unable to load C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\DLLs\_ctypes.pyd (193)
20:14:04 T:5164 M:1996419072   ERROR: LoadLibrary('_ctypes.pyd') failed
20:14:04 T:5164 M:1996414976   ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.ImportError
20:14:04 T:5164 M:1996414976   ERROR: Error Contents: DLL load failed with error code 193
20:14:04 T:5164 M:1996111872   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                import gui
                                                import Skype4Py
                                                from skype import Skype
                                                from api import *
                                                from ctypes import *
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\ctypes\__init__.py", line 7, in ?
                                           [b][size=small] ImportError: DLL load failed with error code 193[/size][/b]

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with 64 bit Python 3.2 installation. If I try using 32 bit Python installation a different error shows up in the log:

Code:
21:49:01 T:4700 M:1852641280  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
21:49:01 T:4700 M:1852481536   ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.ImportError
21:49:01 T:4700 M:1852481536   ERROR: Error Contents: Module use of python32.dll conflicts with this version of Python.
21:49:01 T:4700 M:1852481536   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                import gui
                                                import Skype4Py
                                                from skype import Skype
                                                from api import *
                                                from ctypes import *
                                              File "C:\Python32/lib/ctypes\__init__.py", line 7, in ?
                                           [b][size=small] ImportError: Module use of python32.dll conflicts with this version of Python.[/size][/b]
I'd love to get Skype working in XBMC! Your help is so appreciated!
Did you succeed in porting this to windows?
Hi there,
Is anyone working on this now?
Love to see it work on Windows
Sad 
You even removed the code on https://code.google.com/p/xbmc-skype-addon/ ?

I'd like to download it but i couldn't find it.

Someone else got it available for download?
Status? I would kill to have this on windows. Smile
mrfatboy Wrote:Status? I would kill to have this on windows. Smile

+1 been waiting ages for Skype integration and this appears to be the closest yet for windows.
but this project work only on linux?

i'have tried to install this but don't work... (ubuntu 10.04)

Skype4Py is currently mantained or don't is supported?

i'm need to integrate skype video call with XBMC..

can you help me??
Is there any way to use skype in XBMC??

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Skype (VoIP Program) Addon2