[MOD] Dark Blue & Transaparent Icons
I just want to say nice mod!!! I like it! Its my default skin

I only changed cover glow to: FF0000FF
Makes it look nicer when using Dark Blue colors but just my setup offcourse.
Cant wait to see what you will make further down the line.
@ Oddsodz

I don't know exactly but from what I've seen the skin or XBMC displays in your native resolution. The images are scaled to fit that resolution later, that's why if you have a different aspect ratio to the one the picture is, the same will look bad sometimes.

All the backgrounds and backdrop in my MOD are 16x10 and they look correctly in my monitor.

So in conclusion all you need is to have 16x10 images and XBMC will do the rest. At least I understand it that way. Feel free to correct me.

@ RiChaDo

Glad you like it. If you like it that way it's perfect.

Update

- Jukebox Animation

- New fake row cd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nAWhJRJKnk
KiSUAN Wrote:@ Oddsodz

I don't know exactly but from what I've seen the skin or XBMC displays in your native resolution. The images are scaled to fit that resolution later, that's why if you have a different aspect ratio to the one the picture is, the same will look bad sometimes.

All the backgrounds and backdrop in my MOD are 16x10 and they look correctly in my monitor.

So in conclusion all you need is to have 16x10 images and XBMC will do the rest. At least I understand it that way. Feel free to correct me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nAWhJRJKnk

No, I Get that part. What I mean is all downloaded/library image content like posters and Album Art and the likes all get pinched or stretched vertically due to the skin thinking it is on a 16X9 display. From what I can tell. This skin/mod suffers the same quirk as Night it self. I Did make a post about it before some time ago. And the answer to fix it was to buy a 16x9 display and dump my 16x10 1920x1200 display (not going to happen). Or have the skin reworked to account for different display types.

On a side note. Bring back 3d-Landscpae TV view. Oh and where may I change the "watched" overlays. I Like the one that is worded "Watched" on an agile more than I do the image of the eye.

PS: Silly me for got to say

Nice job.
@ Oddsodz

First, 16x9 is crap, I will never go back to a 16x9 and the person that tell you to dump the 16x10 is plain ignorant.

I haven't even try to see if is any difference if I change the ratio, it's still 16x9 in all the views. But I suspect that the problem is not the skin being set as 16x9 but the downloaded/library images being 16x9, even if the XBMC don't stretch the image the skin would do it. Don't know if I'm explaining right or understand how it works right, I still have a lot to learn.

Anyway I will take a look at it, modify some views and see if there is any difference.

First, 16x9 is crap, I will never go back to a 16x9 and the person that tell you to dump the 16x10 is plain ignorant.

I haven't even try to see if is any difference if I change the ratio, it's still 16x9 in all the views. But I suspect that the problem is not the skin being set as 16x9 but the downloaded/library images being 16x9, even if the XBMC don't stretch the image the skin would do it. Don't know if I'm explaining right or understand how it works right, I still have a lot to learn.

Anyway I will take a look at it, modify some views and see if there is any difference.

Never knew there was a debate about 16:9. I'm not a A/V expert but aren't most HDTV 16:9. Atleast all skins are coded for 16:9 and Unfortunatley on different ratios than that you might get some errors.

I have a TV that has an overscan issue so I shrink to fit in XBMC and in some skins I notice like the plot gets chopped and some skins it doesn't. That determined by the hieght and spacing of the font. Or maybe an image is misaligned a few pixels...XBMC does a good job with scaling but I guess it can't be perfect...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Have a look at the pictures below. And if you look, You will see that it is only a small thing. But the pinching/stretched vertically is there.

(Yes I know that the pics are "Night" and not "Night DB", but it's the same on both)

the Most telling is the album art. It's meant to be square. But it's not. If you was to compare results from a 16x9-1920X1080 display. You will see that all downloaded/library images would be shown in the correct aspect ratio. IE: No pinching/stretched vertically. It's only a small thing really. But as this is a new skin of sorts. Best to get the little things sorted at the start than wait until about 6 months down the line when a fix may be a very big job.

Not all skins suffer this quirk. Some of the "Aeon" versions seem to have it sorted.
Hell, there isn't even a debate, 16x9 suck all the way, there are two reasons why most panels are 16x9, most films have an aspect ratio that fits fine in a 16x9 panel so average Joe will never know what he's missing and the most important is that 16x9 is cheaper to manufacture.

Just to make it short, you will never see a professional monitor with a ratio of 16x9, no educated person will stand for it. But HDTVs is another story.
@ Oddsodz

Now we are talking, there are two ways of doing what you ask that comes to my mind.

The first is edit every size in each view to 16x10, but that's out of the question as it would take me ages and in the end I would end with more problems as way more people have 16x9 displays that 16x10, so instead of one person asking me to change or give and option I would have 99%.

The other option is use scale instead of stretch, but I don't know if that's possible in XBMC. If this could be done I can imagine two ways of doing it. The first and simpler is scale everything, but this wouldn't work fine in Night as many icons, buttons and such are in the borders. The second is rearrange the structure of the coding to separate this icons, buttons and such from the rest so they stay in the borders, but that again would be an enormous work.

Keep in mind that what I'm saying is just me thinking, I still will verify if its possible and if it works the way I imagine.

Anyway as I told you I would take a look, It would also help a lot if you tell me which skins work fine for you in 16x10 so I could take a look into the coding and try to identify how they do it, but if I have to take a guess I would say they use scale and they don't have icons, buttons and such in the borders.

And I forget to answer your previous inquiry about overlays:

Go to X:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.night.darkblue\media\dialogs\3D
............................................................................................................................Movies
............................................................................................................................Files
............................................................................................................................Tv

Inside you will have the overlays (OverlayWatched/OverlayWatched2/...../OverlayWatchedX), the one that is displayed is the one named "OverlayWatched", rename it, and rename the "OverlayWatchedX" you want to use to "OverlayWatched".
Update

- Text Auto Scroll added, verified in all Movies views.

- Image Slide Show Fixed
If I want to change the jukebox & location off the spinning disc animation where do i need to start? because I have another idea for it
Includes_Animations.xml & Viewtype_JukeBox.xml

Good luck
Thnx lets see if my idea works
Just one request I like to make and hope you can implement it but I checked out neon thats also based on night skin but alle views have a little animation.

Like on moviewall the moviecover turns slightly when hovering on.
I hope you know what I mean!!

If thats not what you want from your skin its allright but it looks nice atleast thats my opinion

Now we are talking, there are two ways of doing what you ask that comes to my mind.

The first is edit every size in each view to 16x10, but that's out of the question as it would take me ages and in the end I would end with more problems as way more people have 16x9 displays that 16x10, so instead of one person asking me to change or give and option I would have 99%.

The other option is use scale instead of stretch, but I don't know if that's possible in XBMC. If this could be done I can imagine two ways of doing it. The first and simpler is scale everything, but this wouldn't work fine in Night as many icons, buttons and such are in the borders. The second is rearrange the structure of the coding two separate this icons, buttons and such from the rest so they stay in the borders, but that again would be an enormous work.

Keep in mind that what I'm saying is just me thinking, I still will verify if its possible and if it works the way I imagine.

Anyway as I told you I would take a look, It would also help a lot if you tell me which skins work fine for you in 16x10 so I could take a look into the coding and try to identify how they do it, but if I have to take a guess I would say they use scale and they don't have icons, buttons and such in the borders.

And I forget to answer your previous inquiry about overlays:

Go to X:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.night.darkblue\media\dialogs\3D
............................................................................................................................Movies
............................................................................................................................Files
............................................................................................................................Tv

Inside you will have the overlays (OverlayWatched/OverlayWatched2/...../OverlayWatchedX), the one that is displayed is the one named "OverlayWatched", rename it, and rename the "OverlayWatchedX" you want to use to "OverlayWatched".

Thanks for the above info. Will have a play with that latter.

The Skin that seems to have 16x10-1920x1200 images aspect ratio right is "Aeon ShowMix"

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=82899

Also I seem to remember that images looked right in the skin "Rapier" and the "Rapier Qualar MOD - Dharma Version" seen here

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=82284

So I think it can be done. Just don't ask me how. Shocked

Again Thanks for taking the time to look into it. At the end of the day, It is only a small quirk. And not many will worry about it.
Well made dark blue with the animation of neon skin.
it looks similair to this except for the colors offcourse:

It Looks Like This Now:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Dark Blue & Transaparent Icons1