• 4(current)
[WIP] Limbus - a new skin for XBMC that I have been working on
New Kombo (wip)
bridgman Wrote:I am not sure what you are referring to. I know NIGHT has an option for landscape jpegs. I haven't noticed an option for banners beside the posters toggle.

Some people are saving wide banner images as banner.jpg. In my folder I have
Landscape.jpg
Banner.jpg
folder.jpg (poster)
clearart.png
logo.png

This way I can enjoy the various poster and banner views you skinners come up with without having to choose one or the other. Smile

Usually I mod a banner view by changing the [ListItem.Icon] or [ListItem.Thumb] with [ListItem.Path,,bannerjpg] or $INFO[ListItem.Path]banner.jpg depending how how it seems coded.

No idea how to make it a toggable option like Night and Alaska, but it gives me what I'm looking for, both views as they were meant to be seen Smile
Rygrath Wrote:Some people are saving wide banner images as banner.jpg. In my folder I have
Landscape.jpg
Banner.jpg
folder.jpg (poster)
clearart.png
logo.png

This way I can enjoy the various poster and banner views you skinners come up with without having to choose one or the other. Smile

Usually I mod a banner view by changing the [ListItem.Icon] or [ListItem.Thumb] with [ListItem.Path,,bannerjpg] or $INFO[ListItem.Path]banner.jpg depending how how it seems coded.

No idea how to make it a toggable option like Night and Alaska, but it gives me what I'm looking for, both views as they were meant to be seen Smile
I had no idea . That sounds like a good way to do things. I will try to incorporate this into the Limbus skin.
I made a lot of changes to the views and graphics. Aspect ratio used to seem odd this should be fixed now.

http://www.mediafire.com/?hsn80zblnbr08ti

SOME SCREENSHOTS
login screen default user png is a little shadowy I suppose it should be
new settings design
Awesome update! I have a question though, I'm using XBMC for windows and for my 2TB XBOX. THis skin works flawlessly for me on both except for on the xbox I cant use the custom favorites settings, I copied over the normal favorites script but other than that Im not sure what I need to do to make this work, Im sure its something simple I just dont know what lol, any help would be great, Awesome skin though I absolutely love the large poster view for the comic books and the way the settings are set up, its way different than most of the other skins around!
Yeah, quite a lot of fresh ideas in this skin. Really like how it's coming along.

Quick thing I've come across when browsing through TV Shows. When TVTunes starts it brings up the music vis screen in the background and now playing.

I think you can fix this with a line of code, I just don't know where you put it.
From the TVTunes thread on the first page there is this little blurb

"you can also use this visible condition to prevent activating visualisation or music baground fanart:
!SubString(Window(10025).Property(TvTunesIsAlive),True)"

Allows the theme.mp3 to play while browsing your show without starting up the Music visualization, hiding the fanart.

Update:
I went looking around and found where it goes to anyone interested.
Two lines in the Include.xml, 60 and 68
Line 60 changed to
Code:
<visible>Player.HasVideo + !Skin.HasSetting(ShowBackgroundVideo)+!Skin.HasSetting(backgrounds)+ !SubString(Window(10025).Property(TvTunesIsAlive),True)</visible>
Line 68 changed to
Code:
<visible>Player.HasAudio + !Skin.HasSetting(ShowBackgroundVis)+ !SubString(Window(10025).Property(TvTunesIsAlive),True)</visible>

Now get TVtunes without the music vis coming up! Perfect Smile
Thanks RYGRATH I completely forgot about testing TVTunes this time .
Now Playing should be removed from this version in this last update except for the home window. I will use your code to stop the visualization.
king bongmaster Wrote:Awesome update! I have a question though, I'm using XBMC for windows and for my 2TB XBOX. THis skin works flawlessly for me on both except for on the xbox I cant use the custom favorites settings, I copied over the normal favorites script but other than that Im not sure what I need to do to make this work, Im sure its something simple I just dont know what lol, any help would be great, Awesome skin though I absolutely love the large poster view for the comic books and the way the settings are set up, its way different than most of the other skins around!
Thanks ,
I am doing all my testing on windows 7 at the moment. I have no way to test on an xbox right now. I wish I did. I know Limbus is built for DHARMA so it may not be completely compatible with xbox. I am not sure. Wish I could be more help.
bridgman Wrote:Thanks ,
I am doing all my testing on windows 7 at the moment. I have no way to test on an xbox right now. I wish I did. I know Limbus is built for DHARMA so it may not be completely compatible with xbox. I am not sure. Wish I could be more help.

For the record it runs extremely smooth and fast and glitch free on the xbox too!

I figured out the favorites issue, I just had to open custom_DialogFavourites and replace

"<onfocus>RunScript(script.favourites,playlists=play)</onfocus>"

with

"<onfocus>RunScript(special://skin/scripts/script.favourites/default.py,playlists=play)</onfocus>"

works like a charm! Thank you for the great skin!
I have been working on a view today that is inspired by the voice overs in trailers. I was hoping for some input and suggestions. the main problem with getting a solid design is the laundry list of producers and writers on some movies.
I would like to list the main two or three actors in the view but i am not sure this is possible.

SCREENS
pretty sweet Wink
I was fooling around with this view today
I noticed not too many studio icons are showing up. My guess is they are not there but I wonder if it is a matter of coding semantics?
bridgman Wrote:I was fooling around with this view today
I noticed not too many studio icons are showing up. My guess is they are not there but I wonder if it is a matter of coding semantics?

I really like this view. I know its not in the current release but I'm gonna try this skin on my xbox!!!!!
FourTwentySmilz Wrote:I really like this view. I know its not in the current release but I'm gonna try this skin on my xbox!!!!!

I can tell you that this skin runs fantastic on my 2,000GB XBOX, very smooth, I highly recommend it, its my new favorite!
For some reason it froze mine on startup...HuhHuhHuh
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Limbus - a new skin for XBMC that I have been working on0