DVD-Video disc ripping?
I'm sorry to post such a simple question, when I search more complex things seem to come up, but not what I am looking for.

I'd like to know what is the best way/program to rip my DVDs to the hard drive. And is it possible to do this in such a way that the DVD will behave the same way that it did before with menu's, special features, etc... I assume I need to rip to an iso for this? I'm not worried about compression or anything like that. I know there is a lot of freeware out there for this, but I'd also be willing to pay for something that works consistently and doesn't give me any hassle.

I read through a few few posts and downloaded MakeMKV which seems to work great, ripping even the most recent movies without any problems, but leaves a mess of incoherent files that can be used to play the movie but not much else.
Install AnyDVD.

It stay resident and decrypts DVD / Blu-ray on the fly.
That way you can copy the disc with the method that suits you best, that is, copying file-by-file or creating an image with any recorder software (Nero, for example).
You can also download DVDfab HD decrypter. Its free and works pretty good.

http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

I usually use it when I want my DVD's in .ISO. To keep the movies in the dvd like format you like you need to rip and save to a .ISO

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVD-Video disc ripping?0