Handling multiple copies of the same movie (Directors, Unrated, and Theatrical Cuts)?
Lightbulb 
Just getting started into xbmc and absolutly loving the software and the community. Such an overwhelming amount of info can be found in this forum.

On to my newbie question. I've searched the forums and wasnt able to find any info on this, so I apoligize if this comes up alot. I would think it would.

In what ways do you all label a movie as being a directors cut, unrated, or extended cut version of a film? I don't plan on keeping multiple cuts of a film but I would like to be able to at either a glance in the library or within the info page be able to see what cut it is.

I am running the Dharma beta 4 with the most up to date version of Aeon65. Is there a skin that supports a media flag for such info or possible one that includes it within the info tab?
I don't think the kind of 'cut' is being scraped. Therefore, this information cannot be used to sort or flag movies.
Best solution I've come up with is to use Ember Media Manager to do your scraping and edit the movie info to include the cut as part of the title.

Then multiple versions will appear properly in your list and allow you to search/filter on different cuts.
jonathanXBMC Wrote:Best solution I've come up with is to use Ember Media Manager to do your scraping and edit the movie info to include the cut as part of the title.

What he said or just use the correct cover art for that movie, I add mine to the title and add them as a set if I keep more than one version so only one cover in library with different versions in that set

Haha. Such a simple solution can't believe I didnt think of that. I already use Ember Media Manager for my scraping so that will work perfectly.

Although I must say a media flag that works similar to the media source flag would be a great addition in the future. You simply add what cut it is to the filename or directory name and the proper flag appears.

Thanks for the help!
Its pretty easy to add a flag that uses the file name to identify the release like the source flag does just look at the skin files
For Multiple Cuts, Easy

Use Ember to Scrape, then add (Example) [Extended Cut] to the end, then make a movie set, of the Movie's name and add both to set
isamu.dragon Wrote:For Multiple Cuts, Easy

Use Ember to Scrape, then add (Example) [Extended Cut] to the end, then make a movie set, of the Movie's name and add both to set

lol isn't that exactly what I said above Smile
LOL I was JUST coming here to start a thread on how to handle multiple cuts/editions of movies. And here is the thread and solution already.

I haven't heard of, or used, Ember Media Manager. as my scrapper. I assume this is just a plugin to add then I switch the default scraper for Movies from IMDB to Ember?
Homerboy Wrote:LOL I was JUST coming here to start a thread on how to handle multiple cuts/editions of movies. And here is the thread and solution already.

I haven't heard of, or used, Ember Media Manager. as my scrapper. I assume this is just a plugin to add then I switch the default scraper for Movies from IMDB to Ember?

No its an external scraper

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ia+manager

If you use Ember to scrape make sure you also select "Scrape full cast" otherwise your be missing movie details due to IMDB changing their layout
If you do this, when you're browsing the main collection and see the set, will it have a watched box and rating next to it still?
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
thank you for this thread.

Doing my own research into this issue I came across this post;

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/33873/con...ovie-sets/

Just thought I would add it to the options available for people to use.
This works great for movies; any recommendations for how to do this for TV shows? It's a little different since each movie has its own folder, but the episodes for a show are all in the same directory...
Yes!!!!
I Too want something there to handle multiple cuts of the movies. I dont want sets, i dont want to learn how to program to write code and add it in a directory, just some type of flag in the movie title to tell the scraper "Hey different version".
I think maybe, this might be the job of the scraper. I guess I'll have to offer some scraper programmer cash to do it for me.
I second using the sets, it keeps your library nicely grouped up. Just add <set>Avatar</set>, and add the various titles (directors cut, etc) in ember and the nfo (pretty sure you have to do the sets tag manually). When you scan them into xbmc the set link won't have any ratings/movie info, just the poster though. There may be a workaround but I've never worried about it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Handling multiple copies of the same movie (Directors, Unrated, and Theatrical Cuts)?2