[LIVE] - Couple of questions about IR receiver and lirc
I just did a clean install of xvmc Live (Dharma beta 4) to my HDD on my Revo R3610. I purchased one of those HP IR receivers from ebay. I also have a Harmony One remote set up with xbmc being a MCE mediacentre device.

Everything works out of the box and I am able to control xbmc with the remote but here are my questions.
1) The IR receiver light seems to have odd behaviour. When booting up it is off but once I start using the remote the light becomes be continuously on. It flashes (off and on) when I press a button on the remote but I expected the light to be normally off and only flash on when a command is sent to the IR receiver. Is this normal behaviour for the light to be always on?

2) While trying to find a solution to my problem above I came across this which mentions a .lircr file. I cannot find such a file in the xbmc installation. Is it not required or should I create one?

3) When I run irw I notice that I often get two or three commands sent with one key press on the remote unless I be careful to press and release the button very quickly. Is there a key repeat delay setting in the xbmc config files somewhere or is it best to set the delay in the Harmony software?
Acer Revo R3610 | 2GB Ram | 160GB HDD
XBMCbuntu Frodo installed to HDD
Logitech Harmony One Remote
Same problem here. The IR light is always on, the wake on usb work once after a fresh reboot.
Well I found out why the IR receiver light is always on. It's my LCD TV giving off some sort of interference. I discovered this once I found this thread that talks about it.

I've now positioned the receiver in a narrow gap in my AV rack and pushed it back until the light went out. It's now sitting quite deep in the rack but the remote still seems to communicate with it fine. I'll have to experiment a little more with position.
Acer Revo R3610 | 2GB Ram | 160GB HDD
XBMCbuntu Frodo installed to HDD
Logitech Harmony One Remote
I've found it too on a different one and it was my TV too. But when I was on Camelot, I didn't had that problem.

Maybe a will have to roll-back the Lirc to the same version on Camelot.(If it's a different one.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] - Couple of questions about IR receiver and lirc0