XBMC & MythTV 0.24
I'm a little bit disappointed about the xbmc team.

I have used xbmc for a long time some time ago in bussines because we made an exciting experiment with xbmc and our software. I thought that time (and I think today) that xbmc is a great media center with a lot of powerful features and a amazing style.

When I set up an mythTV backend the last time, I only use it with my linux pc because windows was not the right os for me in that time but when i switched to windows as my default os I also changed from MythTV to WMC.
A view days ago I decided to give MythTV a second chance because looking TV on other devices then on my windows machine became more important for me.

As windows frontend I thought about xbmc because I liked the style the last time I used it. But now I have to recognize that xbmc won't (ever) work with the new version of MythTV and I feel very sad about that.

The last post here in this thread is from march and so I have the hope that this thing changed the last five months. This is why i write these lines...

Maybe someone can be my hero and tell me that xbmc works with MythTV 0.24 toghether?
Maybe with little hacks or add ons or something like this?

Best regards
Domar
peterhocking,

i am also trying to setup my Win 7 64bit PC with SP1 installed for MythBox from XBMC 10 (Dharma). Cannot connect to mythconverg database. From the in mysql command line i tried to find the mythconverg database with show databases; but didnt find it. Is my problem like yours or another one? I am investigating in another TV Tuner which works well with XBMC10. Any recommendation whether its worth to resolve the problem for Mythbox or take the easy way and have another tuner installed ? What about easyVDR?

I would appreciate any help as I am lost for days now :-) and cant resolve to connect XBMC to the mythconverg database.

Thanks in advance !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC & MythTV 0.240