windows 7 share now asking for p/w
Hey guys,

I have been using xbmc for some time without any issues. I upgraded to windows 7 in august and I was able to share files still easily. I installed windows live and it started prompting for a user name and password when trying to access shares in xbmc. I did some research and saw that this was causing issues, so I did a system restore to before I installed windows live, which fixed the issue temporarily.

I now have the same issue, and I am assuming that it is a window update that caused the issue. I am sure that people have run across this before but I couldn't find a definitive answer with the search.

My setup.

Xbox1 with XBMC
Windows 7 pc no password on file sharing.

Other details:
-Other pc's on the network can access my windows 7 pc without the need for a password.
-I have disable the windows live sign in assistant service as it is mentioned in other peoples issues.

Any help would be great.
Remove live assistant
1.) Uninstall Live Sign-In Assistant
2.) Make sure the folder share is shared to "Everyone" with the advanced sharing settings
3.) If you still have issues, go into the securities tab of the folder being shared and add rights for the user group "Everyone"
Update your XBMC installation, this was fixed a long time ago in the by the XBMC4Xbox guys.

http://www.xbmc4xbox.org/

You can even use Live Essentials 2011 after you update XBMC.
I'm running XBMC Dharma RC1 and if i don't define the security group for everyone manually in windows 7 i still get prompted for a password.

It really doesn't have anything to do with the XBMC, but rather an issue with Windows 7 itself.
He's using the Xbox version of XBMC, which has to do with everything.

The bug is in libsmbclient, and the newest version of it includes the fixes, which you can manually install to a linux system (though I was unsuccessful on 9.04, had to go to 10.04/10.10) whereas the Xbox build has the fix built in.

So again...update your XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
windows 7 share now asking for p/w0