Extend Addons API to support scrobbling - Ex. send movie watched to external service?
Lightbulb 
Hi there,

I run a new website at http://mymoviescollection.net that allows you to manage your Movies and TV Shows collection and also mark each ones you've already seen or not.

This is quite an handy tool because it also has a mobile version, and it may be configured to send tweets and create Facebook wall posts each time you mark a Movie/Episode as seen.

I'm no planning on building a simple API that will allow external services to mark movies/episodes as seen based maybe on the iMDB id and/or season/episode numbers.

I'm XBMC user since the early Xbox only versions and I would like to have a addon to do this.

What the addon should do:
- Have a configuration screen where the user should insert is username and api key for the service (that he got from the website), and this values should be stored somewhere;
- When the user is seeing a movie, in the moment XBMC marks it as seen on it's own interface it should also send an HTTP request to my new website API containing: username, api key, imdb id, season (if applicable), episode (if applicable);
- On my website side it would mark the Movie/Episode as seen just like if the user done it on the web interface and tweeting and facebooking as choosed or not by the user.

Is this even possible?
(Mainly the part of firing up a HTTP request at the event of the movie being marked as seen automatically)

Can someone put me on the right track to do this?
Is someone with xbmc addons coding experience interested in doing this if I provide the API?
By the way, here are the API specs: http://mymoviescollection.net/about/api/

My idea is that XBMC marks the movie/episode as seen on his internal database, an HTTP GET is fired up to:
Code:
http://mymoviescollection.net/api/[api key]/markseen/[imdb id]/[season]/[episode]/
Are you trying to do something like trakt?
Wonderm00n Wrote:Hi there,

I run a new website at http://mymoviescollection.net that allows you to manage your Movies and TV Shows collection and also mark each ones you've already seen or not.

This is quite an handy tool because it also has a mobile version, and it may be configured to send tweets and create Facebook wall posts each time you mark a Movie/Episode as seen.

I'm no planning on building a simple API that will allow external services to mark movies/episodes as seen based maybe on the iMDB id and/or season/episode numbers.

I'm XBMC user since the early Xbox only versions and I would like to have a addon to do this.

What the addon should do:
- Have a configuration screen where the user should insert is username and api key for the service (that he got from the website), and this values should be stored somewhere;
- When the user is seeing a movie, in the moment XBMC marks it as seen on it's own interface it should also send an HTTP request to my new website API containing: username, api key, imdb id, season (if applicable), episode (if applicable);
- On my website side it would mark the Movie/Episode as seen just like if the user done it on the web interface and tweeting and facebooking as choosed or not by the user.

Is this even possible?
(Mainly the part of firing up a HTTP request at the event of the movie being marked as seen automatically)

Can someone put me on the right track to do this?
Is someone with xbmc addons coding experience interested in doing this if I provide the API?

trakt does something similar. trakt.tv
could you write a little python script that just sits and waits for something to be played and then calls that url?
I too would like to see support for executing built in functions for when a movie is started and when a movie is stopped.
I do not want to monitor the start/stop events. I want to monitor the "mark as seen" event. You know... when XBMC "decides" the movie has been seen.

Is this possible at all, or have I been creating an API for no use at all?
A real "long" way around it would be to regually open the xbmc db and check for new movies that have been watched.
This would work well initially, as it would go through all your movies, find the watch status and call the url to your api. It then would scan the db again in a minute and check for newly watched items. If it misses one (power off), it will pick it up next time the script is run.
a patch adding an annoucement when we mark stuff as watched would be accepted.
Even if that patch was made, how could i implement a plugin to "catch" that announcement and then be able to make my magic? In this case, just perform a HTTP GET to my site with IMDb id, season and episode (this last two only on tv shows)

BTW: anyone tried the website? mymoviescollection.net
you'd write a python script listening on the json announcement bus...
Nice... Anyone wants to make that patch? eeheheh Can you please include information like IMDb ID, season and episode, pretty please?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Extend Addons API to support scrobbling - Ex. send movie watched to external service?1