Philips MCE remote, need some help
This is the official page of remote:
http://www.remotecontrol.philips.com/our...ys=4#RC197
Included with asus novalite px24.

Used with windows vista, some buttons start windows media center, and also some doesn't work with xbmc.
Rec button and 4 tv info up to numbers start mce, coloured buttons do nothing.

I've already downloaded MCE remote plugin, but it does nothing.

I need at least one button to be mapped as info, so i can view tv show info and scan media, as in the way it works now i have to press i on my keyboard No
According to http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Remote_Contr...MCE_Remote that remote is compatible with the Microsoft remote.

The MCERemote addon should be able to configure the remote. When you say "I've already downloaded MCE remote plugin, but it does nothing." what exactly do you mean? When you go into the addon do you get any warnings? Have you tried the "Apply current settings to remote" option?

JR
GameAction Wrote:This is the official page of remote:
http://www.remotecontrol.philips.com/our...ys=4#RC197
Included with asus novalite px24.

Used with windows vista, some buttons start windows media center, and also some doesn't work with xbmc.
Rec button and 4 tv info up to numbers start mce, coloured buttons do nothing.

I've already downloaded MCE remote plugin, but it does nothing.

I need at least one button to be mapped as info, so i can view tv show info and scan media, as in the way it works now i have to press i on my keyboard No

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=78179
@jhsrennie: i've tried to change map of buttons, like # to ctrl-i or ctrl-shift-i but it always do ctrl-shift-3 or shift-3 don't remember, so output £.
Xbmc run as admin so no problem with uac.

@elitegamer360: tried with registry settings 1.23 but i think that my registry is not with the same value as after registry applied every button is mapped to default mce.

how i can set # to i and * to m?
Did you remember to reboot after making the changes? Whether you use the MCERemote or Elitgamer360's registry script they both only take effect after a reboot.

Open the device manager and look under Human Interface Devices and check that there is a devivce called "eHome remote" or something like that; I forget the exact name but it should have "eHome" in it.

JR
i've rebooted at least 10 times....
no ehome or something that point to an ir receiver. only HID compatible
so now, how to create a customized keymap.xml?

i can send all my keystroke with your "old" ir code program, but i can't find were to download it.
GameAction Wrote:i've rebooted at least 10 times....
no ehome or something that point to an ir receiver. only HID compatible
so now, how to create a customized keymap.xml?

i can send all my keystroke with your "old" ir code program, but i can't find were to download it.

if you can not find "Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver" in the Device Manager_> Human Interface Devices then you are outa luck, sorry!

What remote are you using any ways?

If I am right the app you are talking about is Called "Showkey.exe" Download it from jhsrennie's site

EDIT: Ohhh, sorry I see you posted your remote but there's another thread someone ran my setup on the same remote with its USB IR receiver successfully with no issues. He bought it from ebay I think but your's came with your "asus novalite px24" like you noted earlier.

Does it have a seperate USB IR receiver or is it built in your case? I presume its like the shuttle built in. If so then maybe the built in receiver is the one to blame!

What I suggest is that you disable it if you can and find another usb IR receiver and try your remote with it. But if you do not have another receiver I would not recommend buying another one I just do not want to waste your money in case it will not work.

Cheers,
EG.
ir receiver is built in on htpc, so the problem could be that...
what i can say is that even using windows 7 remote work out of the box, some buttons don't work if asus program is not installed, like rec and other for tv mce part.
In my actual vista setup i've installed nothig about asus, only eject driver for dvd drive.

I'll try another remote, philips prestigo 8008, and see what happens.

I think if i want to use my remote the only way is to create a keymap, if i understand correctly.
GameAction Wrote:ir receiver is built in on htpc, so the problem could be that...
what i can say is that even using windows 7 remote work out of the box, some buttons don't work if asus program is not installed, like rec and other for tv mce part.
In my actual vista setup i've installed nothig about asus, only eject driver for dvd drive.

I'll try another remote, philips prestigo 8008, and see what happens.

I think if i want to use my remote the only way is to create a keymap, if i understand correctly.

The best option is to use a remote that uses the eHome driver as this type of remote is the most flexible.

If your remote does not use the eHome driver it probably just emulates a keyboard and can't be configured. In that case you need to write your own keymp.

Incidentally the MCE Remote addon now has a keymap editor included (go into the addon settings, misc and enable the editor download). This includes key detection, like ShowKey, so it's probably the easiest way to write your keymap.

JR
Sorry to re-open an old topic, but I have the same remote and the same problem. JR's suggested solution, the making of a keymap, doesnt work on my system because the "edit keyboard.xml" command asks me if I want to install the keymap editor from sourceforge and the I get a message there's an error in the script plugin.program.mceremote. Any tips?
That's odd, I've just tried downloading the keymap editor and that worked fine.

You can get the keymap editor from http://swarchive.ratsauce.co.uk/XBMC/ (which is where MCERemote downloads it from) or from http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/. Download KeyMapEdit.exe, save it in some convenient folder and just run it. It doesn't need any installation.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Philips MCE remote, need some help0