Lose window backgrounds after using XBMCTex
Question 
Hi there all.
-Story-
I have to make a new skin and plugin for a media center as part of my degrees final year project. XBMC is the first I have been trying and its taken days to get this far - being completely new to this. It's clearly a long road.
-/Story-

-Problem-
I have managed to get XBMCTex and use command prompt to pack everything into .xbt file. Problem is after doing this I lose menu borders and background. Text still remains, and the main backgrounds themselves are still there. For example, after making a new .xbt file I cannot Quit properly because that part of the menu no longer appears.

I hope I make sense.

I have managed to change the pictures for the background of each sub menu in the main menu but this is not the cause.

What I did last,
Copy/Paste Confluence and rename Test
Delete texture.xbt from Test/Media
Put XBMCTex into Skins/Test and run
Check, a new textures.xbt HAS been created in Media folder
Run XBMC
Change Skin to Test and the problem above occurs
-/Problem-

Any help would be great. I'm really struggling to find decent information on how to piece this all together, I don't expect it to be easy and believe me it hasn't been. Any tutorial suggestions would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Canty
use TexturePacker instead of XBMCTex.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I can't get this to work. I don't think I understand even the concept of what I'm doing.

I get errors - cannot open a certain file. And it seems to be only able to open .tps files - is that right?

Is .xbt something that is now obsolete?
canty Wrote:I can't get this to work. I don't think I understand even the concept of what I'm doing.

I get errors - cannot open a certain file. And it seems to be only able to open .tps files - is that right?

Is .xbt something that is now obsolete?

.xpr = XBMCTex = deprecated
.xbt = TexturePacker

also check:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=649301
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lose window backgrounds after using XBMCTex0