Scanning TV shows in a single folder (no mother folder)
Is it possible to scan a folder with episodes of different shows in the same folder without having each show in it's own folder? Here's an example:

folder
----weeds.s06.e10
--------weeds.s06.e10
----top.gear.s15.e02
--------top.gear.s15.e02

Reason I'm asking is that there are certain shows that I just dump into a temp folder and keep in there until watched then delete them. These shows can be random, so it doesn't make sense to have a separate folder for each of them. Plus, I don't use RSS to get these so it would require a lot of work have to create/name/move every file I download this way.

Boxee does this very well, but I like XBMC Big Grin
Have you tried scanning in a folder that way yet? If so, what happened? If not, give it a try. I don't expect that many of us have ever attempted to do that. Let us know your results.
Mark
Yes, I've tried! I have a folder full of single episodes and XBMC seems to completely ignore them right now.
The only way I think this will work is if you use an autodownloading program (like sickbeard) to generate episode nfo once the file is downloaded. The actual XBMC scraper needs folders.

At first this seems worse than Boxee, but when you have a VERY comprehensive library (like me for instance- 200 shows with almost 2000+ episodes total) XBMC does a better job of scraping things.

Boxee "guesses" a lot which is why it likes your methods (it guess what each file is) while it hates my methods (where through folders I tell it what each things is). For you Boxee might be the better choice honestly, or just don't use Library mode.

I would suggest don't use library mode for "temp" folders of stuff that you will watch and then delete. Just add the source but set it not to scan and access it from file mode.
poofyhairguy Wrote:The only way I think this will work is if you use an autodownloading program (like sickbeard) to generate episode nfo once the file is downloaded. The actual XBMC scraper needs folders.

At first this seems worse than Boxee, but when you have a VERY comprehensive library (like me for instance- 200 shows with almost 2000+ episodes total) XBMC does a better job of scraping things.

Boxee "guesses" a lot which is why it likes your methods (it guess what each file is) while it hates my methods (where through folders I tell it what each things is). For you Boxee might be the better choice honestly, or just don't use Library mode.

Hmmm...so Boxee and XBMC actually use totally different methods for identifying your media. Good to know.

How difficult would it be to add Boxee's method in XBMC? I'm not talking about replacing XBMC's method, just adding Boxee's and giving the user the option to choose which one to use.
pr0phet Wrote:How difficult would it be to add Boxee's method in XBMC? I'm not talking about replacing XBMC's method, just adding Boxee's and giving the user the option to choose which one to use.

Pretty hard. Boxee is a XBMC fork. Once you add Boxee's method to XBMC you basically have Boxee!

Yea I have same problem. I think you need to add some regexp to your advancedsettings.xml file.

I have no idea about regexp Sad maybe somebody help us?
queeup Wrote:Yea I have same problem. I think you need to add some regexp to your advancedsettings.xml file.

I have no idea about regexp Sad maybe somebody help us?

Here's a thread where I asked about something very similar.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=89363

Tight_wad found a good answer! (Thanks!)

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<tvshowmatching append="no">
     <regexp>\[[Ss]([0-9]+)\]_\[[Ee]([0-9]+)\]?([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
     <regexp>[\._ \[\-\\/]([0-9]+)x([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
     <regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[\.\-]?[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
     <regexp>[\._ \-\\/]([0-9]+)([0-9][0-9])([\._ \-][^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
   </tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>
Thx. But what about for all tv-shows are in a single directory?

Code:
TV Shows Directory
     |
     |___ TV Show 1 Media files
     |
     |___ TV Show 2 Media files
     |
     |___ TV Show 3 Media files

Code:
\TV Shows\Battlestar Galactica - S01E01.avi
\TV Shows\Doctor Who - S01E01.avi
\TV Shows\Jericho - S01E01.avi
\TV Shows\Knight Rider - S01E01.avi
Let me clear what I want. I am not talking about file regexp. I just want to scrape show names from files. I have not separate show folders. All shows in one folder.

Is it possible with <tvshowmatching> expression?

PHP Code:
:~$ ls TORRENT/downloads/dizi/
Bored.to.Death.S01E01.HDTV.XviD-NoTV.avi
Merlin.3x04
.Gwaine.WS.PDTV.XviD-FoV.avi
Sherlock.1x01
.A.Study.In.Pink.HDTV.XviD-FoV.avi
Supernatural
.S06E02.HDTV.XviD-2HD.avi
The
.Mentalist.S03E02.HDTV.XviD-2HD.[VTV].avi
The
.Walking.Dead.S01E01.720p.HDTV.x264-CTU.mkv 
No, it's not possible using XBMC.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thx for clarify.. But for example it's working with movies. Why not with tv-shows? I know code is different but it would be good also this feature for shows.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scanning TV shows in a single folder (no mother folder)0