WASAPI sound passthrough
I just moved to Dharma 4 to get the benefits of WASAPI sound output.
In the sound settings I see two different output options with WASAPI:
• WASAPI: Speakers (Asus STX)
• WASAPI: SPDIF (Asus STX)
If I select the first option I can’t listen to music from the soundcard analog output, but when I try to watch a movie I get an error from the audio initialize. The only way to get sound from a movie is to change the sound output selection to WASAPI SPDIF, but this way every time I want to listen to music I have to switch back again to WASAPI: Speakers.

Is there a way to select an audio output for movies and another for music?
Can I switch audio outputs by script so I can achieve this?

Previously I had my sound settings configured as Optical/Coaxial and the selected output was DirectSound: Asus STX. That way audio was sent to analog and digital outputs of the soundcard at the same time, and it worked. But when I tried WASAPI I could notice a big sound improvement and I just don’t want go back to DirectSound.
anyone?
XBMC Eden 11 is out and I still suffer from this issue. Anyone with a workaround??
Search for "dual audio patch"
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WASAPI sound passthrough0