• 25(current)
MySQL Database: Multiple XBMC HTPC's with 1 Shared Library
I have running Mysql server and work fine.

Show film info in all my xbmc clientes but don`t show cover, fanart or cd art.
The only images I get are pictures of the actors.
And of course in the local machine when I have scrapped my films for mysql also I see the poster and fanart, I don´t know if that is normal.

I am running the latest Mysql server status OK
Yosemite Mac Osx whith the latest version of Gotham stable
Nfs manager sharing Users/Library/Application support/XBMC
Aeon Mq5

My advance settings in all the xbmc clients inclusive the local where I am running mysql is that:

<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.64</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</videodatabase>
<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</musicdatabase>
<videolibrary>
<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
<importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

Any suggestion?

How can I get the fanart and poster that I haved stored in my local xbmc in all xbmc clients?

Thanks in advance.

I have running Mysql server and work fine.

Show film info in all my xbmc clientes but don`t show cover, fanart or cd art.
The only images I get are pictures of the actors.
And of course in the local machine when I have scrapped my films for mysql also I see the poster and fanart, I don´t know if that is normal.

I am running the latest Mysql server status OK
Yosemite Mac Osx whith the latest version of Gotham stable
Nfs manager sharing Users/Library/Application support/XBMC
Aeon Mq5

My advance settings in all the xbmc clients inclusive the local where I am running mysql is that:

<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</videodatabase>
<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</musicdatabase>
<videolibrary>
<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
<importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

Any suggestion?

How can I get the fanart and poster that I haved stored in my local xbmc in all xbmc clients?
The other clients will download them as they need them. Or you can use the texture cache maintenance utility http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=158373
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-01-08, 00:16)nickr Wrote: The other clients will download them as they need them. Or you can use the texture cache maintenance utility http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=158373

I do not understand because if I read the images on the computer where I have installed msql and where I scanned the movies. No chance to share the directory images in nfs or smb?
For performance they really should exist on each client.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-01-08, 23:13)nickr Wrote: For performance they really should exist on each client.

My interest in sharing by network is that I have my own posters in my language and I would not give them up, but I am looking to be impossible to share this information.

I thought I could share images or the directory where the saved locally so all mysql group could access them.

Thanks in advance.
So in your database, what is the path to one of these posters?
I may have missed this elsewhere so my apologies if its already been asked.

Im looking to switch to a mysql database and im curious if i will be able to continue using my setup the way it is after switching.

I have 2 clients but both have access to different libraries. I have a kids client that only has access to kids tv and movies and nothing else whereas the other client has access to everything. Is it possible using a mysql database to have different libraries on different clients?
Yes, use the <name> parameter in the advancedsettings.xml

http://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL/Setting_up_XBMC#Name_tag
(2015-01-10, 00:15)nickr Wrote: Yes, use the <name> parameter in the advancedsettings.xml

http://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL/Setting_up_XBMC#Name_tag

Ok, good info. It doesn't really explain how to use it though, or if it does im not understanding it. So would the name tag be whatever the library is named on my current client or do i need to classify which content belongs under which name-tag somewhere else?
On your adult computer use VideosAdult and on the kids use VideosKids. Or whatever names you prefer.
(2015-01-10, 00:59)nickr Wrote: On your adult computer use VideosAdult and on the kids use VideosKids. Or whatever names you prefer.

I still feel like im missing something with this. Lets say i have already set up the database and done the export/import on my main machine that has everything on it. Then i go to my child machine and add the sql info to the advancedsettings and then just add the name tag of Kids or whatever and it automatically just shows the Kids stuff? It seems like there is a step missing somewhere in there where i would have to define which folders or libraries or locations need to be associated with a name tag
Could someone either post the content or a link to the "my-huge.cnf" used when setting up MySQL please as I don't seem to have it (Installed on Yosemite).
(2015-01-10, 17:48)hermy65 Wrote:
(2015-01-10, 00:59)nickr Wrote: On your adult computer use VideosAdult and on the kids use VideosKids. Or whatever names you prefer.

I still feel like im missing something with this. Lets say i have already set up the database and done the export/import on my main machine that has everything on it. Then i go to my child machine and add the sql info to the advancedsettings and then just add the name tag of Kids or whatever and it automatically just shows the Kids stuff? It seems like there is a step missing somewhere in there where i would have to define which folders or libraries or locations need to be associated with a name tag
I assumed you had different sources set up for the two computers and were scraping on each one.
(2015-01-09, 21:47)nickr Wrote: So in your database, what is the path to one of these posters?

Is in mi userdata and thrs directory i have it sharing in my network vía nfs.
(2015-01-10, 22:29)judocama Wrote:
(2015-01-09, 21:47)nickr Wrote: So in your database, what is the path to one of these posters?

Is in mi userdata and thrs directory i have it sharing in my network vía nfs.
The exact path from the database please.
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL Database: Multiple XBMC HTPC's with 1 Shared Library1