• 29(current)
MySQL Database: Multiple XBMC HTPC's with 1 Shared Library
What makes you think the library is populated? Have you actually looked in the database via mysql.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I've seen that its been made but the main reason is the movies and tv shows become an option. Maybe populated is the wrong word. It acknowledges there is a library. I can't get to any content through anything but file view though. I've tried switching media managers in attempt to fix nfo files. Not too sure where I wwent wrong.
Possibly everything is marked "watched" and you have kodi set to "hide watched"?

Unlikely that everything would be marked watched but worth looking at.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Nope, checked and there are items in the library with unwatched status. I'm not even sure where to hide watched in confluence anyways.
I've been trouble shooting this for a while now and still cant find the problem. Any other help would be appreciated.
Have you actually looked at the database with the mysql command line?
just a thought, but is it possible that your pc is starting up kodi faster than that it gets it's IP address? I had that issue with my openelec (raspb 2). After delaying the startup, I could access my library on SQL just fine. Before that, I could reach everything via files, but not via library mode
I'm having a weird issue and wondering if anyone has dealt with it. Basically, sometimes my Kodi setup will start (FireTV, Isengard) and there's no media displayed/available. If I reset, it appears and loads normally. I've been dealing with this as just a nuisance, but I just realized that it's also causing my settings files to potentially blank out (sources.xml specifically) which is becoming more of a PITA.

Wondering if anyone has seen this happen, what it might be, etc? I was assuming it was some kind of lag in accessing the SQL database, but I'm not certain since it's on an always on server.
Probably a failure to get a connection to MySQL on kodi starting. This can result from kodi starting before networking is up, or some network deficiency, or maybe the computer housing MySQL being asleep/offline.
Any ideas on potential solutions?
HI!

Here is a great suggestion for everyone - if you have an issue - irregardless of the similarity to the words of the OP - then create a NEW thread about YOUR issue - provide YOUR information, with YOUR logs, and people can respond to YOUR issue.

sheesh. hard to follow anything in this thread with 42 different questions and 42 potentially different answers from 1.55 peguizillion configurations, and they are all bobbing and weaving like a drunk cobra in-between each other.

Just saying. Now I am going back to drinking. profusely.
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.
(2015-10-09, 13:11)Necromancyr Wrote: Any ideas on potential solutions?
Debug log (wiki) might help.
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL Database: Multiple XBMC HTPC's with 1 Shared Library1