Interlaced output
bobo1on1 Wrote:I checked the sample, it seems somehow the audio timestamps get messed up.

OK, thanks. Any suggestions what I can do to fix it?

I use the exact process to make that sample as I do all the other bluray rips.

Rip via AnyDVD-HD, transcode vid via handbrake, demux audio stream via tsmuxer, merge back together via mkvmerge...

------------------------------------------

Only main difference I see from my end is the 29.97 fps...interlaced or not interlaced at 29.97 fps didnt seem to matter.

Is this an mkvmerge issue perhaps? I google it and see if any known issues with 29.97 or interlaced content...

-------------------------------------------

So for the hell of it I just tried the transcoded, still interlaced video stream / mkv **no audio or subtitle stream** AND IT PLAYS FINE, NO VIDEO 'STUTTERING'.... definitely something with the audio muxing back into the combined mkv....

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
bobo1on1 Wrote:One of the problems is that the weave deinterlacer doesn't double the fps.

Sorry bobo1on1, but I don't understand. I don't want to use any deinterlacer.
So maybe it's just a matter of disabling the "Weave deinterlacer"?

I want the original signal, some sort of video-passthrough, to be sent to my scaler.

Any way of doing it?
XBMC uses opengl to display video, and opengl is always progressive, even if the current video mode is interlaced, the videocard will then just convert frames into fields by throwing away half the lines.

So the only way to make this work correctly is to use a double fps weave deinterlacer.
bobo1on1 Wrote:XBMC uses opengl to display video, and opengl is always progressive, even if the current video mode is interlaced, the videocard will then just convert frames into fields by throwing away half the lines.

So the only way to make this work correctly is to use a double fps weave deinterlacer.

So AFAI understand it's not possible and it will never be possible, right?
So I found a solution / work-around for my issue:

I abandoned mkvmerge for these interlaced 1080i movies. Used tsmuxer to join the streams together into an m2ts file instead.

a) in tsmuxer: open the transcoded, deinterlaced video stream in tsmouxer...force fps to 30,000/1001 = 29.97 fps
b) add in the dts / audio stream
c) mux together as an m2ts

This file plays excellent; no video 'stuttering' and is already deinterlaced as well via previous handbrake transcoding. I'll use this procedure to fix the other files.

Long story short there appears to be an mkvmerge issue with 1080i muxing or else some option I overlooked.

Thanks bobo1on1 for the info.
elite1967 Wrote:So AFAI understand it's not possible and it will never be possible, right?

It's possible, but it requires some coding.
bobo1on1 Wrote:It's possible, but it requires some coding.

Hi,
is it already in the pipeline of future improvements?
Or, should I file a feature request?

thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Interlaced output0