Alternative to internal database
Hi
i use XBMC on 2 PC and it would be nice to have a unique database for both computer.

So i would like to request for a mode that store information on the harddrive rather than in database.

I also would like to know when every things will be stored in a Mysql database so that every change made on PC1 will be automatically visible on PC2.
when i say every things i mean folder pictures, fan art, etc....

thans for your answers.
if you searched the forum you for mysql would see its already possible
Jezz_X Wrote:if you searched the forum you for mysql would see its already possible

Yes, i've see that it is possible but not all things are stored into the database.
pictures are not, XBMC configuration are not, and so on...

so the question is : does a plan exists to finish the job ?
swingrock Wrote:Yes, i've see that it is possible but not all things are stored into the database.
pictures are not, XBMC configuration are not, and so on...

so the question is : does a plan exists to finish the job ?

And it makes perfect sense not to store the configuration in the database by default. As you might have different resolutions on each client, etc.
There are also documented solutions on how to have everything (image cache, settings, etc) ALL shared across multiple machines...

In the interests of preserving my sanity, and my typing fingers... I shall summarise in very simplistic terms.

1) Use XBMC in portable mode.
2) Make the portable installation accessible by all clients (put it on some shared drive)
3) Voila... you can run it from anywhere, and always have the same data and config available.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Alternative to internal database0