svn r35326
Running sweet again for HD...
No stuttering issues like beta 4 thus far...

Thanks!
Fyi
Running crystal card 012 atv 3.02 latest crystal drivers
I agree. rc1 is really nice. It is almost perfect. If I play a network movie and pause it for an hour or two the ATV will freeze and I have to kill XBMC from an ssh session. Other than that situation, which is a bit unlikely, things are playing very nicely.

philip
If I understand correctly, r35326 is RC1.

On my ATV (3.02) + BCM-015 + R174 + r35326, 720p movies is almost perfect except that every about 5 minutes, the video skips for a fraction of a second. Audio is perfect.

All my movies are stored on a network drive and the ATV connects to the TV via HDMI.
I have similar setup, 3.02 and r174 with the 970012

* Does the aTV run out of memory?
* How come XBMC is running sluggish when using Multifinder?

When the aTV is just booted, playback is just fine, with no framedrops and fast navigation. After watching a movie, scanning the library, the playback is hopeless, even with SD sources. The CPU load is just 60-70% with low bitrate 1080p movies, bute the framerate drops below 10fps.

When booting up with Multifinder; booting directly to XBMC, everything is slow, even menu navigation.
Torroa Wrote:I have similar setup, 3.02 and r174 with the 970012

* Does the aTV run out of memory?

Memory handling seems far better than with Dharma beta 2. I have the original Crystal card, use rc1 of Dhama, r156 of the drivers for the Crystal HD card. rc1 is way, way better than anything previous for me. I don't use 1080p though, do use HDMI ( though I would switch to component if it meant even more stability), am running OSX on the ATV ( but am looking forward to trying the Linux version again when I have more time).

philip
Basically I have two options since the Beta's. I have the Linux version on the bootable patchstick (runs flawless), or the ATV option. So far I haven't really had any issues with the ATV option minus a few stutters playing only 720p files. SD runs fine. I use the refocus skin and I opt not to use fanart or any type of library for my movies since i know what they are about and such. I do use it though for my TV shows just for the sanity to know which episode is which (I guess I could label them with that info as well). I have the DD art option setup as well but I have noticed the ATV with its limited hardware runs best without all the eye candy options which is fine, I just want it to work.
All my movie and tv episodes run from a Drobo box that is connected directly to my ATV through a powered USB hub.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
svn r353260