• 184(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
Angelscry Wrote:
  • %rompath% will define current directory path of each rom file.
  • and %romspath% will define the parent directory path (defined into launcher) of all the rom files.

Does this mean I can combine two variables like below?

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<launchers>
    <launcher>
        <id>62d00337e887d0f3683bc176f900af00</id>
        <name>Game Boy</name>
        <application>/usr/games/mednafen</application>
        <args>-path_sav /media/media/Games/GBA/Saves/ [b]"%romspath%""%romfile%"[/b]</args>
        <rompath>[b]/media/media/Games/GBA/Roms/[/b]</rompath>
        <thumbpath>smb://XBMC/Games/GBA/Artwork/Thumbs/</thumbpath>
        <fanartpath>smb://XBMC/Games/GBA/Artwork/Fanart/</fanartpath>
        <extrafanartpath></extrafanartpath>
        <romext>gb|gbc|gba</romext>
        <platform>Game Boy</platform>
        <thumb>smb://XBMC/Games/GBA/thumb.jpg</thumb>
        <fanart>smb://XBMC/Games/GBA/fanart.jpg</fanart>
        <genre></genre>
        <release>1989</release>
        <publisher></publisher>
        <launcherplot></launcherplot>
        <minimize>true</minimize>
        <lnk></lnk>
        <roms>
            <rom>
                <id>4cded2ef5b611a512d63d95f23d9adf1</id>
                <name>Boxxle</name>
                <filename>[b]smb://XBMC/Games/GBA/Roms/Boxxle.gb[/b]</filename>
                <thumb>smb://XBMC/Games/GBA/Artwork/Thumbs/Boxxle.jpg</thumb>
                <fanart>smb://XBMC/Games/GBA/Artwork/Fanart/Boxxle.jpg</fanart>
                <extrafanart></extrafanart>
                <genre>Puzzle</genre>
                <release>1990</release>
                <publisher>Atelier Double</publisher>
                <gameplot></gameplot>
            </rom>

I've marked the relevant parts bold. You see I'm using SMB paths where possible, however emulators won't work with SMB so I have to use hardcoded path in the args variable. Right now I've hardcoded paths in the filename of each game. After the switch from XBMC Live to OpenELEC the paths were different and so I had to change all of them. With the modification shown above I would only need to change the path once per emulator.
TheHazel3yes Wrote:Does this mean I can combine two variables like below?

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<launchers>
    <launcher>
        <id>62d00337e887d0f3683bc176f900af00</id>
        <name>Game Boy</name>
        <application>/usr/games/mednafen</application>
        <args>-path_sav /media/media/Games/GBA/Saves/ [b]"%romspath%""%romfile%"[/b]</args>
        <rompath>[b]/media/media/Games/GBA/Roms/[/b]</rompath>
        <thumbpath>smb://XBMC/Games/GBA/Artwork/Thumbs/</thumbpath>
        <fanartpath>smb://XBMC/Games/GBA/Artwork/Fanart/</fanartpath>
        <extrafanartpath></extrafanartpath>
        <romext>gb|gbc|gba</romext>
        <thumb>smb://XBMC/Games/GBA/thumb.jpg</thumb>
        <fanart>smb://XBMC/Games/GBA/fanart.jpg</fanart>
        <genre></genre>
        <release>1989</release>
        <publisher></publisher>
        <launcherplot></launcherplot>
        <minimize>true</minimize>
        <lnk></lnk>
        <roms>
            <rom>
                <id>4cded2ef5b611a512d63d95f23d9adf1</id>
                <name>Boxxle</name>
                <filename>[b]smb://XBMC/Games/GBA/Roms/Boxxle.gb[/b]</filename>
                <thumb>smb://XBMC/Games/GBA/Artwork/Thumbs/Boxxle.jpg</thumb>
                <fanart>smb://XBMC/Games/GBA/Artwork/Fanart/Boxxle.jpg</fanart>
                <extrafanart></extrafanart>
                <genre>Puzzle</genre>
                <release>1990</release>
                <publisher>Atelier Double</publisher>
                <gameplot></gameplot>
            </rom>

I've marked the relevant parts bold. You see I'm using SMB paths where possible, however emulators won't work with SMB so I have to use hardcoded path in the args variable. Right now I've hardcoded paths in the filename of each game. After the switch from XBMC Live to OpenELEC the paths were different and so I had to change all of them. With the modification shown above I would only need to change the path once per emulator.
Yes, that's the goal of the Advanced Launcher custom parameters (%rompath%, %romfile%, etc...). Allows users to create sophisticated command lines that correspond to their needs. And your post is a great and smart example how these Advanced Launcher custom parameters could be used. Thank you for your share !!! Nod Wink
hey angel you find out a way to be able to scrape the first image in the archive for cbr and cbz files and use it as thumb?

would be alot of help since ALOT of wrong thumbs from comicvine are added to my comics or entirely missing and yes ive properly named them -.-'
hentai23 Wrote:hey angel you find out a way to be able to scrape the first image in the archive for cbr and cbz files and use it as thumb?

would be alot of help since ALOT of wrong thumbs from comicvine are added to my comics or entirely missing and yes ive properly named them -.-'
No. Not even try to search for. I'm not interested to work on this. Please give me a break. Oo
ok -.-'....xD
hello and thanks for this plugin.

I've always used it with dharma, and now with pre-eden.

I wanted to install advanced launcher on my other computer, but it freeze when I want to add a exe file.

no error message but it's written (in French, I don' know how to translate it in english) :

"chargement du dossier advanced launcher / 0 fichiers chargés" maybe the traduction is " loading files in advanced launcher / 0 files loaded"

that's it,I can't go further.

somebody can tell me what I'm doing wrong ?

thanks.
lokham Wrote:hello and thanks for this plugin.

I've always used it with dharma, and now with pre-eden.

I wanted to install advanced launcher on my other computer, but it freeze when I want to add a exe file.

no error message but it's written (in French, I don' know how to translate it in english) :

"chargement du dossier advanced launcher / 0 fichiers chargés" maybe the traduction is " loading files in advanced launcher / 0 files loaded"

that's it,I can't go further.

somebody can tell me what I'm doing wrong ?

thanks.
Can you please describe exactly what you have done to obtain this error? Maybe your launchers.xml file is corrupted. Could you please post its content here (using pastebin service)?
hentai23 Wrote:ok -.-'....xD
Ouupss... Sorry. You may misunderstanding me. Effectively, I'm not interested to add such king a feature into Advanced Launcher, because it will not possible to put in place something great based on the actual code of Advanced Launcher. But I'm interested to improve comics reading and managing support into XBMC, but for this I am now convinced that a different add-on must be created for this. I have started a WIP thread here concerning this future new add-on : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=9...post933293
sounds great, im mainly pissed since comicvine adv scraper sux for like the most of my darkness comics even thou theyre named properly

and thats why was hoping therd be an addon or something possible in order to simply use the first image contained in the archive to use as thumb anyhow nice addon thread hope this gets realized

toldcha thers no way around it for comics if you want proper metadata and all with correct thumbs etc , and a first step would be to get a real comic scraper for metadata, the thumbs as said are already in the archive aka use the very first pic in da archive and its the cover always and for fanart you could also use the first pic since its poperly sized already so it wont be stretched or blurry , since thers very few fanart sources out ther if at all and if then usually very low quality, thou if you find one dont hesitate xD, btw comicvine sux -.-'

we need something like an anidb scraper but for comics xD
hentai23 Wrote:sounds great, im mainly pissed since comicvine adv scraper sux for like the most of my darkness comics even thou theyre named properly
Comicvine databse sux. I cannot make a great scraper based on a scrap database.

hentai23 Wrote:and thats why was hoping therd be an addon or something possible in order to simply use the first image contained in the archive to use as thumb anyhow nice addon thread hope this gets realized
Problem is that the first image of the archives is not always the cover.

hentai23 Wrote:toldcha thers no way around it for comics if you want proper metadata and all with correct thumbs etc , and a first step would be to get a real comic scraper for metadata, the thumbs as said are already in the archive aka use the very first pic in da archive and its the cover always and for fanart you could also use the first pic since its poperly sized already so it wont be stretched or blurry , since thers very few fanart sources out ther if at all and if then usually very low quality, thou if you find one dont hesitate xD, btw comicvine sux -.-'
Problem is that there is no real good comic database. Best ones I have found actually are http://www.comicvine.com and http://www.comicbookdb.com but they are far to be complete of well organized.

On crucial example for me : comics are commercial books. So they all have an ISBN number (bar code) that exactly define them. Each comic have it's proper ISBN number. But none of the previous website use this identification number into their database. On that point Amazon website seems more powerful. If you take for example The Darkness Compendium Volume 2 have ISBN number 9781607064497. Just enter this number in Google and you will directly have more than 600 result pages only dedicated to this comic issue. And if you look at the corresponding Amazon page (http://www.amazon.com/Darkness-Compendiu...1607064499) you have most a the useful information (release date, author, description). The bad point with Amazon if that the cover must be cropped before been imported into Advanced Launcher or XBMC.
hmmmm, well hope you figure something out and check the last post in the comicbooks thread on the official aeon thread , i left some findings there from yesterday

p.s: tbh ive extracted only the first image of 250 comics archives yesterday as a test and ALL except for 1 had extracted only the front cover so please tell me again not all comics extract the front cover as first image xD
I have just wrote a small tutorial explaining how to use Advanced Launcher to view Youtube videos automatically into fullscreen mode using the Google Chrome browser : http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=599#p599
Maybe this solution could be helpful for other users, too:

Problem: (In Windows) Advanced Launcher needs to be started from a 'Fake Full Screen' environment Explained here. Otherwise after closing the started application (e.g. web browser), XBMC window will not automatically expand back to fullscreen again and consequently you'll stick to desktop... Confused

But if you need to have XBMC in 'True Fullscreen Mode' (e.g. for smooth playback of video files which often relates to this option), you cannot start an application via Advanced Launcher.

Solution: Use the 'True Fullscreen Mode' and start the application via a batch file under consideration of the NirCmd-Tool. http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=26
Download here: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/nircmd.html
NirCmd will re-focus and expand XBMC after the application was closed and although the 'True Fullscreen Mode' has been set!

An example batch could look like this:
Code:
@echo off
cd D:\Programme\GoogleChromePortable\
GoogleChromePortable.exe %1
cd D:\Temp\xbmc\nircmd\
nircmd.exe win max process XBMC.exe
exit

Hope this also works for other users...

Regards
Thank you for the tips. It will be surely useful for some users...Nod
Hi all,

I have used Advanced Launcher to start ripping a bluray disc from the XBMC menu. Here's a little more info about my setup first:

Ubuntu 11.10 server (command line install)
XBMC Eden (repository ppa:nathan-renniewaldock/xbmc-nightly)
MakeMKV 1.6.14 for Linux (compiled on own machine)

I have installed the advancedlauncher and have created a standalone launcher.

The program to be started is: makemkvcon
the arguments are: backup --decrypt --cache=16 --noscan -r --progress=-same disc:0 /home/xbmc/.xbmc/makemkvtemp/

This all works perfectly.

The only problem is... The output is the BDMV and CERTIFICATE folder. There's no way XBMC can extract the correct title from that.

What I would like to do is:

- Start the launcher
- Launcher asks for moviename
- Launcher creates folder with the name user has input
- Launcher starts the program with the arguments
- Launcher sends msg to xbmc console: rip successfully completed

Is any of this possible with the advancedlauncher? Or do any of you guys have an idea on how to achieve this?
Perhaps with a script? (have 0 experience in scripting)
  • 184(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24