[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
dirtymurt Wrote:it now launches fine, but on 'esc' it errors,
Line 11 (file "c:\users\user\desktop\autoit.exe"):
error: error parsing function call
Oupsss.. I miss this one :
Code:
If $CmdLine[0] == 1 Then
    ProcessClose ( "XBMC.exe" )
    Run ( '"C:\Program Files\Dolphin-win-x64-v3.0-424\Dolphin.exe" /b /e "' & $CmdLine[1] & '"', "C:\Program Files\Dolphin-win-x64-v3.0-424\" )
    While 1
        Sleep(100)
    WEnd
EndIf

Func Terminate()
    ProcessClose ( "dolphin-emu.exe" )
    [b]Run ( '"C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe " -p' )[/b]
    Exit 0
EndFunc
-p parameter must be under the quotes.
Angelscry, you are a genius

I had to make a small adjustment, the process is called dolphin.exe not dolphin-emu.exe

here is the complete script, thanks again

HotKeySet("{ESC}", "Terminate")

If $CmdLine[0] == 1 Then
Run ( '"C:\Program Files\Dolphin-win-x64-v3.0-424\Dolphin.exe" /b /e "' & $CmdLine[1] & '"', "C:\Program Files\Dolphin-win-x64-v3.0-424\" )
While 1
Sleep(100)
WEnd
EndIf

Func Terminate()

ProcessClose ( "dolphin.exe" )
Run ( '"C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe " -p' )
Exit 0
EndFunc
be kind, rewind
dirtymurt Wrote:Angelscry, you are a genius

I had to make a small adjustment, the process is called dolphin.exe not dolphin-emu.exe

here is the complete script, thanks again

HotKeySet("{ESC}", "Terminate")

If $CmdLine[0] == 1 Then
While 1
Sleep(100)
WEnd
EndIf

Func Terminate()

ProcessClose ( "dolphin.exe" )
Run ( '"C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe " -p' )
Exit 0
EndFunc
Great !!!! Wink
crisdecuba Wrote:So here's my problem. I have 2 instances of advanced launcher installed. One is for Games and the other is for other Apps (programs like Chrome, Picasa, etc). I made the duplicate instance based on instructions provided here by the addon creator. I added both instances to my favorites and then added those favorites to the Home screen. My skin is Aeon Nox, if it matters.

Here is the behavior.

1. Select "Games" and it goes to the list of games - works well
2. Hit Esc to go to the Home Screen
3. Select "Apps" and it goes to the list of apps - works well
4. Hit Esc to go to the Home Screen
5. Select "Games" and it now goes to the list of apps - broken! Smile

From this point forward (until I restart XBMC), selecting either Games or Apps will only go to the list of Apps).

Here is the log from XBMC:
Code:
14:00:18 T:2280  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
14:00:19 T:3460  NOTICE: My Music: Scanning for music info using worker thread, operation took 00:02
14:00:23 T:2304   ERROR: ADDON: extension 'downloader\' is not currently supported for service addon
14:00:23 T:2304   ERROR: Previous line repeats 4 times.
14:00:23 T:2304   ERROR: CThread::staticThread : Access violation at 0x00fffe54: Reading location 0x00000000
14:00:26 T:4648  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
14:00:47 T:2860  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
14:00:47 T:2860  NOTICE: Launcher: found 7 launchers
14:00:48 T:2188 WARNING: JpegIO: Error 55: Not a JPEG file: starts with 0x%02x 0x%02x
14:00:56 T:4436 WARNING: Previous line repeats 6 times.
14:00:56 T:4436  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
14:00:56 T:4436   ERROR: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.program.advanced.launcher.2\resources\lib\launcher_plugin.py:37: DeprecationWarning: the md5 module is deprecated; use hashlib instead
                                              import md5
14:00:56 T:4436  NOTICE: Launcher: found 5 launchers
14:00:57 T:3536 WARNING: JpegIO: Error 55: Not a JPEG file: starts with 0x%02x 0x%02x
14:01:03 T:3592 WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.
14:01:03 T:3592  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
14:01:03 T:3592   ERROR: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.program.advanced.launcher.2\resources\lib\launcher_plugin.py:37: DeprecationWarning: the md5 module is deprecated; use hashlib instead
                                              import md5
14:01:03 T:3592  NOTICE: Launcher: found 5 launchers
14:01:03 T:3536 WARNING: JpegIO: Error 55: Not a JPEG file: starts with 0x%02x 0x%02x
OK... I was able to reproduce the problem. It is a skin related problem. When you select the Game menu entry, Aon Nox try to found the program add-on containing the advanced.launcher string.
Code:
Substring(Container.FolderPath,advanced.launcher)
So when you duplicate Advanced Launcher, with a duplicate name containing advanced.launcher, XBMC seems not able to always select the good one. I suppose it select the last one started. This problem seems not occurring when you directly select the Advanced Launcher entries from the add-on program menu. Now, how I see it, there is 2 ways to fix this :
  • ask Aeon Nox developers to fix their skin and to link the Game menu entry to the add-on exactly named plugin.program.advanced.launcher (and not only containing the advanced.launcher string).
  • duplicate Advanced Launcher with a duplicate name not containing advanced.launcher, like, for example plugin.program.advanced.duplicate.launcher, plugin.program.advanced.games, plugin.program.advanced.apps, etc...
Angelscry Wrote:You can also try this : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=1...ost1033421

Thanks Angelscry - I missed this thread in my search.

Worked a treat Smile
bradgy Wrote:Thanks Angelscry - I missed this thread in my search.

Worked a treat Smile
I think the problem has occurred when I have added the items sorting support into Advanced Launcher. By default, items are sorted by label. Advanced launcher allows to sort now items by name, date, genre and studio (but not label). So if some of your views was specifically set to use label sorting... it could generate a conflict. And so the only way to solve this is to remove the XBMC views settings.
Hi,

I have recently started using xbmc again. I have latest eden build and now trying to get this addon working.

I have followed the guides but have problems. I have attempted to look through this thread but to be honest its just far too bloody big to really be able to find answers to what I need ( i would be here for a week reading it all ).

Anyway I cannot get anything scrapped. I have set the options to use scrapping etc but with everything I have tried nothing is found in any of the scrapper sites.

Could someone point me to an actual simple guide to getting teh scrapping working.

Thanks
MrTourettes Wrote:Hi,

I have recently started using xbmc again. I have latest eden build and now trying to get this addon working.

I have followed the guides but have problems. I have attempted to look through this thread but to be honest its just far too bloody big to really be able to find answers to what I need ( i would be here for a week reading it all ).

Anyway I cannot get anything scrapped. I have set the options to use scrapping etc but with everything I have tried nothing is found in any of the scrapper sites.

Could someone point me to an actual simple guide to getting teh scrapping working.

Thanks
Have you take a look at this tutorial : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Pl-3yEDgUY
Could you also post here the content of your launchers.xml file (using pastebin service). It is possible that you have not created you launcher correctly (for example searching for PC titles but platform is set to Nintendo 64).
Angelscry Wrote:OK... I was able to reproduce the problem. It is a skin related problem. When you select the Game menu entry, Aon Nox try to found the program add-on containing the advanced.launcher string.
Code:
Substring(Container.FolderPath,advanced.launcher)
So when you duplicate Advanced Launcher, with a duplicate name containing advanced.launcher, XBMC seems not able to always select the good one. I suppose it select the last one started. This problem seems not occurring when you directly select the Advanced Launcher entries from the add-on program menu. Now, how I see it, there is 2 ways to fix this :
  • ask Aeon Nox developers to fix their skin and to link the Game menu entry to the add-on exactly named plugin.program.advanced.launcher (and not only containing the advanced.launcher string).
  • duplicate Advanced Launcher with a duplicate name not containing advanced.launcher, like, for example plugin.program.advanced.duplicate.launcher, plugin.program.advanced.games, plugin.program.advanced.apps, etc...

You are awesome. I was just coming in to say that I updated the plugin and duplicated and that the issue was still occurring, and here you already did some extra research and resolved it. You rock!

I will share this with Big_Noid on the Aeon Nox side.

Thanks again!
Angelscry Wrote:Have you take a look at this tutorial : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Pl-3yEDgUY
Could you also post here the content of your launchers.xml file (using pastebin service). It is possible that you have not created you launcher correctly (for example searching for PC titles but platform is set to Nintendo 64).

I can give you an example. I have created a nintendo 64 entry. Imported 3 titles. Select TheGamesDB as the scrapper. But when I select to import data etc it finds nothing at TheGamesDB. Even though I can manually type teh name of teh game into the website and it finds something.
MrTourettes Wrote:I can give you an example. I have created a nintendo 64 entry. Imported 3 titles. Select TheGamesDB as the scrapper. But when I select to import data etc it finds nothing at TheGamesDB. Even though I can manually type teh name of teh game into the website and it finds something.

Well I have managed to get something scrapped Smile I decided to try renaming my rom files to the exact name which is in TheGamesDB and its found them. Was hoping it would give me options if it found items with names very close.

- EDIT... I thought this had worked but it didnt. Did not find a damn thing..
Angelscry Wrote:Have you take a look at this tutorial : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Pl-3yEDgUY

I have uploaded the file to pastebin. If you could find the time to have a look i would most appreciate it.

http://pastebin.com/B0XF5LpU

Thanks
MrTourettes Wrote:I can give you an example. I have created a nintendo 64 entry. Imported 3 titles. Select TheGamesDB as the scrapper. But when I select to import data etc it finds nothing at TheGamesDB. Even though I can manually type teh name of teh game into the website and it finds something.
I do not want an example... I want the content of your launchers.xml file.
MrTourettes Wrote:I have uploaded the file to pastebin. If you could find the time to have a look i would most appreciate it.

http://pastebin.com/B0XF5LpU

Thanks
Ok... I have tested the same games on my side, and Advanced launcher was able to found most of them. Do you have set for each scrapers the collecting method to scrapers?

Also if you use the Scan for New items option it will not works. You need to use the Import Infos, Thumbnail & Fanart option when the items have already been scanned and listed:

Yes that is exactly how I have mine setup and I also use that option to scrape. Is it possible there is something wrong with my scrapper files or something?
  • 217(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24