• 425(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
(2014-11-26, 22:39)BlockABoots Wrote:
(2014-11-26, 21:30)Angelscry Wrote:
(2014-11-26, 00:44)BlockABoots Wrote: Where does Advance Launcher save its retroarch.cfg file?. I thought it saved it in /storage/emulator/retroarch but it doesnt appear to be a .cfg file there at all and every time i load RA within Advanced Launcher it loads the default settings?
Advanced Launcher do not save anything. You have 2 way to solve your problem :

Thanks for the suggestion. it would appear when launching RA through AL its not looking in the right place for the retorarch.cfg file as its just loading default settings for RA. If i load RA through terminal then RA looks at the right directory for the retroarch.cfg file (/storage/.config/retroarch) and loads all my settings, so why isnt AL also looking in the same directory (/storage/.config/retroarch)?
When you start an application from a terminal, the working directory is generally the directory of the application. When you start an application from another one (for example from XBMC) the working directory is the one of the parent application (XBMC) not of the child application (except if the child application specify a working directory). And that's why Retroarch has an option into its command line to define the path of the config file.
Question about application paths:

Is it possible to use something like:

<application>%APPDATA%\DIRECTORY_PATH\LaunchProgram.bat</application> or perhaps use the special://profile command?

I've tried but can't get either working. The reason is that I have 2 htpc's running exactly the same KODI userdata/configuration, but each HTPC has different (Windows) user accounts. If I make any changes to my master HTPC then I copy the entire KODI user folder to the second one and I have exactly the same config ...?
I launch some of my steam, origin and uplay games from the advanced launcher and after exiting the games xbmc does not regain focus. Is there a way to make these applications completely shut down after exiting the games so that it goes back to XBMC
(2014-11-29, 19:04)xbas Wrote: Question about application paths:

Is it possible to use something like:

<application>%APPDATA%\DIRECTORY_PATH\LaunchProgram.bat</application> or perhaps use the special://profile command?

I've tried but can't get either working. The reason is that I have 2 htpc's running exactly the same KODI userdata/configuration, but each HTPC has different (Windows) user accounts. If I make any changes to my master HTPC then I copy the entire KODI user folder to the second one and I have exactly the same config ...?
No that's not possible.

(2014-12-03, 05:15)willburstyle06 Wrote: I launch some of my steam, origin and uplay games from the advanced launcher and after exiting the games xbmc does not regain focus. Is there a way to make these applications completely shut down after exiting the games so that it goes back to XBMC
You need to use script that will be close the steam/origin/uplay launchers and the steam/origin/uplay games.
Has someone come up with a script like that already?
Angelscry, hi. I'm here tanks to the retroarch/openelec/raspberry plug-in developer, blame him. As you imagine, I'm another who comes here looking for scrapper info.

First of all, you are doing an amazing work, it runs properly on my raspberry pi and I intend to use this for now on.

Well, I'm writing because I saw an old post that you said you are thinking about removing the emulation support due the amount of problems with users ans scrappers. I follow another project that had a similar problem and I think the way they resolve this could be applied on application launcher too.

They did a simple interface for scrapper plugins, then users/programmers can build and share their own scrappers without mess with the main addon. This way, you can keep the emulator support without have to deal with those scrappers issues.

The project that I mentioned is http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=200957

Thanks for this addon.
Angelscry there is the possibility of adding Bezels ? thanks Big Grin

This tool
https://sites.google.com/site/hyperlaunc...res/bezels

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/attach...1391390946
Hello, I am currently having a few quirks with Advanced Launcher to launch some apps. First off, an issue with launching Windows 8 metro apps using a shortcut. When XBMC is in Full Screen and I launch a Metro App from within XBMC, it will minimize XBMC when the command window flashes for a second, and then launch the Windows 8 app. So when I hit alt f4 to kill that metro app, the XBMC is down in the task bar and I'm just sitting at a desktop.

Is there anyway I can restore the XBMC window or make it not minimize? Which kind of leads to the next issue. If I set XBMC to a borderless full screen window instead of true fullscreen, the above issue goes away. Switches without minimizing and closing the metro app puts me right back at XBMC. Why not leave it like that you ask?

Second issue is, I end up having problems with other Advanced Launcher applications when using the borderless full screen window. For instance, Zsnes or Snes9x emulators run super super slow to unplayable levels with XBMC in a borderless full screen window. I'm talking like 10 FPS on a Core i5. IDK if this has to do with XBMC background resources, but I just can't use it in that state.

Any suggestions where I can make this work with both scenarios? I've literally been trying to solve this for over a week and I'm super frustrated.
Hey,
I'm currently using Advanced Launcher to sort some TV-Shows, which I watch with a Streaming-Plugin (so I can't add them to the library), in different categories and folders. Now I wanted to know if it is possible to use IMDB or TVDB Scrapers in AL to load fanarts and other informations for them. Hope you can help me.

linnet
(2014-12-07, 18:38)linnet Wrote: Hey,
I'm currently using Advanced Launcher to sort some TV-Shows, which I watch with a Streaming-Plugin (so I can't add them to the library), in different categories and folders. Now I wanted to know if it is possible to use IMDB or TVDB Scrapers in AL to load fanarts and other informations for them. Hope you can help me.

linnet
No it is not possible to use IMDB or TVDB scrapers with Advanced Launcher. This scrapers are dedicated to be used with XBMC not by their add-ons.

(2014-12-05, 09:02)caffeinepills Wrote: Hello, I am currently having a few quirks with Advanced Launcher to launch some apps. First off, an issue with launching Windows 8 metro apps using a shortcut. When XBMC is in Full Screen and I launch a Metro App from within XBMC, it will minimize XBMC when the command window flashes for a second, and then launch the Windows 8 app. So when I hit alt f4 to kill that metro app, the XBMC is down in the task bar and I'm just sitting at a desktop.
Use XBMC into windows fullscreen mode.

(2014-12-05, 09:02)caffeinepills Wrote: Is there anyway I can restore the XBMC window or make it not minimize? Which kind of leads to the next issue. If I set XBMC to a borderless full screen window instead of true fullscreen, the above issue goes away. Switches without minimizing and closing the metro app puts me right back at XBMC. Why not leave it like that you ask?
That's how it is recommanded to use Advanced launcher with XBMC.

(2014-12-05, 09:02)caffeinepills Wrote: Second issue is, I end up having problems with other Advanced Launcher applications when using the borderless full screen window. For instance, Zsnes or Snes9x emulators run super super slow to unplayable levels with XBMC in a borderless full screen window. I'm talking like 10 FPS on a Core i5. IDK if this has to do with XBMC background resources, but I just can't use it in that state.
XBMC and your applications are using the same graphical ressources at the same time, making your application rendering more slowly.

(2014-12-05, 09:02)caffeinepills Wrote: Any suggestions where I can make this work with both scenarios? I've literally been trying to solve this for over a week and I'm super frustrated.
Create and use a batch script that will suspend or close XBMC before starting this specific applications.

(2014-12-05, 05:35)ragexmaxima Wrote: Angelscry there is the possibility of adding Bezels ? thanks Big Grin

This tool
https://sites.google.com/site/hyperlaunc...res/bezels

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/attach...1391390946
No... By the way... it's not Advanced Launcher which have to manage this, but the emulator hitself. So... setup your emulators to display those bezels.

(2014-12-04, 07:43)willburstyle06 Wrote: Has someone come up with a script like that already?
Here is an autoit script example that may works with origin :

Code:
Run ("PATH/TO/THE/GAME/APPLICATION/EXECUTABLE/FOLDER","" )
ProcessWait ( "YOUR_GAME.exe" )
ProcessWaitClose ( "YOUR_GAME.exe" )
Sleep ( "20000" )
ProcessClose ( "Origin.exe" )
(2010-11-19, 17:01)Angelscry Wrote: Last Version : 2.5.7 (Gotham, Frodo, Eden & Dharma) from Angelscry's Repository 1.2.2 or GitHub

Advanced Launcher allows you to start any Linux, Windows and OS X external applications (with command line support or not) directly from the XBMC GUI.
Advanced Launcher also allows you to modify and reorganize all your XBMC favourites stuff as you want.
Finally, Advanced Launcher gives you the possibility to edit, download (from Internet resources) and manage all the meta-data (informations and images) related to these applications and favourites.

Image Image
screenshot 1 : Advanced Launcher's items information display with Cirus Extended v3 skin.
screenshot 2 : Nintendo DS launcher using DeSmuME emulator (Windows) with Metropolis skin.

Addon Features :
  • Run Windows, Metro, Linux, Android and OSX applications with auto-suggested arguments.
  • Start any file from specified directory using selected application.
  • Collect informations of applications and images and using internal module scrapers
  • Folder recursive scan option for new added items (with images and data collect options).
  • 3 collect options : manual, semi-automatic and automatic.
  • Add, remove and edit options of applications directly from XBMC GUI
  • Thumbnails and Fanarts images support.
  • Sort launcher into custom categories.
  • Search applications and items by name, genre, studio, platform and release date.
  • Create launchers from Advanced Launcher search engine results. NEW!
  • Create launchers from XBMC favourites and modify, reorganize or regroup them as you want. NEW!
  • XBMC built in functions support for launchers (for example : directly start media files or RetroPlayer).
  • Multi-disc selection support.
  • Automatic and Manual data Import/export with .nfo files (compatible with RCB addon).
  • JSON control support.
Included scrapers : Additional scrapers :
Image Image
screenshot 3 : Pc games launcher using .lnk files support (Windows) of Advanced Launcher with Cirrus Extended skin.
screenshot 4 : Comics reader launcher using qcomicbook application (Linux) with .cbr files with Aeon Nox skin.

Advanced Launcher Updates :

Version 2.5.7
  • Rollback suspend audio feature bring by version 2.5.4.
Version 2.5.6
  • Fix encoding detection error bug.
Version 2.5.5
  • Fix encoding detection error on Android based systems.
Version 2.5.4
  • Suspend audio regardless of mediastate. Thanks to zzattack.
Version 2.5.3
  • Disable "%rom%" default argument for stand alone launcher.
Bugs report and support :
If you obtain a script error message when using Advanced Launcher, please post here (using pastebin service) the content of the xbmc.log file just after the error occurred. This file contain the information concerning the script error, that will help to quickly identify the problem. If Advanced Launcher is not able to start correctly an application, when reporting your problem, please post here (using pastebin service) the content of the launchers.xml file. This file contain the information concerning your launcher configuration, that will help to quickly identify the problem.

Image Image
screenshot 5 : Games genre categories sorting using XBMC built-in functions + Advanced Launcher search engine results, with Xperience1080 skin.
screenshot 6 : Magazine reader using Acrobat Reader application (Windows/Linux) with .pdf files, with Cirrus Extended v3 skin.

Skins supporting Advanced Launcher :

Basically, all the skins are working and are compatible with Advanced Launcher. But not all the skin are supporting all Advanced Launcher features (aka. display of all the metadata managed by Advanced Launcher). You will found here a table with the list of skins supporting (or not) Advanced Launcher : http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Com...n_features.

First off, huge fan of Advanced Launcher. By far one of my favorite plugin's for XBMC. Recently i've had to wipe out my xbmc install and start from scratch, however I've noticed the wiki I generally use for reference is no longer in commission, http://www.gwenael.org/xbmc/index.php?title=Main_Page

I'm unsure if you control this webspace or not, but I was hoping if there was a way that I could obtain a copy of it for future use (in the event that you do control that webspace).

Thank You!
No... Wiki pages and Forum will not come back, and I did not make any copy. I was tired to make support any emulators, applications, on any kind of OS only for the fact that they could be started by Advanced Launcher. Advanced Launcher allows you to start application using the command line. If you want support of the command line of a specific application ask your question on dedicated forum or website of this application.

A example. I'm tired to have question concerning Project64 that do not work correctly with Advanced Launcher. The fact is that is Project64 which do not support command line correctly.
(2014-12-10, 04:56)Angelscry Wrote: No... Wiki pages and Forum will not come back, and I did not make any copy. I was tired to make support any emulators, applications, on any kind of OS only for the fact that they could be started by Advanced Launcher. Advanced Launcher allows you to start application using the command line. If you want support of the command line of a specific application ask your question on dedicated forum or website of this application.

A example. I'm tired to have question concerning Project64 that do not work correctly with Advanced Launcher. The fact is that is Project64 which do not support command line correctly.

Ah bummer but I totally understand your pain, thank you for the prompt response. I will learn to overcome my laziness with trial and error.
This add-on is quite awesome! I'm using it to launch Internet Explorer links to local sports streams. It works incredibly well and seamless.

However, I've noticed a problem and am having trouble nailing down a solution. Basically, both of my launchers work perfectly. They open and gain focus well, then on ALT+F4 the IE window closes, and XBMC is there waiting. I originally had the "Opening Stream" message issue, but through this forum, I found the fix and adjusted my favorites script from "PlayMedia" to "RunPlugin". That worked perfectly.

My current issue is that after running my launchers and resuming XBMC use, I am unable to exit, restart or power off the computer using the XBMC power menu. The program hangs, and must then be killed via Task Manager. I included the xbmc log paste below. This log tracks the point where I start my launcher through the application hang. The last line is always the same:

21:12:58 T:2924 ERROR: CPythonInvoker(15, C:\Users\XMBC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.program.advanced.launcher-master\addon.py): script didn't stop in 5 seconds - let's kill it

http://pastebin.com/UxvSg6QS

I appreciate any assistance! I'm using the Re-Fred skin and starting my launchers via a home screen favorite item. I can try a different skin if anyone believes that's the issue. I'm sure I'll have to anyway when Kodi hits stable. I've also read about 80% of this thread and searched for many combinations of keywords through it. I apologize if I missed something, though.
(2014-12-17, 06:32)Tortuga Wrote: This add-on is quite awesome! I'm using it to launch Internet Explorer links to local sports streams. It works incredibly well and seamless.

However, I've noticed a problem and am having trouble nailing down a solution. Basically, both of my launchers work perfectly. They open and gain focus well, then on ALT+F4 the IE window closes, and XBMC is there waiting. I originally had the "Opening Stream" message issue, but through this forum, I found the fix and adjusted my favorites script from "PlayMedia" to "RunPlugin". That worked perfectly.

My current issue is that after running my launchers and resuming XBMC use, I am unable to exit, restart or power off the computer using the XBMC power menu. The program hangs, and must then be killed via Task Manager. I included the xbmc log paste below. This log tracks the point where I start my launcher through the application hang. The last line is always the same:

21:12:58 T:2924 ERROR: CPythonInvoker(15, C:\Users\XMBC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.program.advanced.launcher-master\addon.py): script didn't stop in 5 seconds - let's kill it

http://pastebin.com/UxvSg6QS

I appreciate any assistance! I'm using the Re-Fred skin and starting my launchers via a home screen favorite item. I can try a different skin if anyone believes that's the issue. I'm sure I'll have to anyway when Kodi hits stable. I've also read about 80% of this thread and searched for many combinations of keywords through it. I apologize if I missed something, though.
Are you sure that all the applications started by advanced launcher have been closed before closing XBMC? How do you start IE from Advanced Launcher? Are you using a script? Direct start?
  • 425(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24