• 435(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
(2015-03-17, 05:09)djm1319 Wrote: Hey I was wondering if it was me or Advanced Launcher itself. I keep having issues with the add-on deleting my games library. It's been going on since a week ago. I'm pretty excited to get this all set up. So, I hope I can get a response soon.

Thanks
That's a well known Kodi problem that randomly erase add-on listitems present into memory... and corrupt saves. Use the backup option into Advanced Launcher settings to restore you launchers.xml file.
Hi all,

I have just started using this launcher and it is brilliant. I know it is now unsupported, however, could I get the argument for running nulldc cdi's? They run normally out of kodi, I have also got project64, epsxe, kega fusion etc all working though can't find the argument for nulldc?

Thanks for the help,

Regards cliched
The thing with this that throws me off on how it all works is that you only need to use /usr/xbin/su or /usr/bin/am application to run the emulator with the correct argument. How does that even work? What emulator is it using? I would think that I need to point the application to the correct emulator like I did on the PC but I'm not sure where the emulator is location on the Android filesystem and I know pointing it to an .apk won't work. From Kodi, I can easily access the emulator that I installed on the FireTV from an .apk file but I'm not sure how to related that to Advanced Launcher.
(2015-03-27, 17:32)subwoofer Wrote: The thing with this that throws me off on how it all works is that you only need to use /usr/xbin/su or /usr/bin/am application to run the emulator with the correct argument. How does that even work? What emulator is it using? I would think that I need to point the application to the correct emulator like I did on the PC but I'm not sure where the emulator is location on the Android filesystem and I know pointing it to an .apk won't work. From Kodi, I can easily access the emulator that I installed on the FireTV from an .apk file but I'm not sure how to related that to Advanced Launcher.
Advanced Launcher allows you to start application using command lines on most of the existing system. Now, if you do not know how and what application to lunch... it is effectively nothing related to Advanced launcher. Concerning your problem : http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=183527
(2015-03-25, 17:38)Cliched86 Wrote: Hi all,

I have just started using this launcher and it is brilliant. I know it is now unsupported, however, could I get the argument for running nulldc cdi's? They run normally out of kodi, I have also got project64, epsxe, kega fusion etc all working though can't find the argument for nulldc?

Thanks for the help,

Regards cliched
Same remark as subwoofer. Concerning your problem : http://ngemu.com/threads/launch-nulldc-f...ns.137770/
(2015-03-27, 17:49)Angelscry Wrote:
(2015-03-27, 17:32)subwoofer Wrote: The thing with this that throws me off on how it all works is that you only need to use /usr/xbin/su or /usr/bin/am application to run the emulator with the correct argument. How does that even work? What emulator is it using? I would think that I need to point the application to the correct emulator like I did on the PC but I'm not sure where the emulator is location on the Android filesystem and I know pointing it to an .apk won't work. From Kodi, I can easily access the emulator that I installed on the FireTV from an .apk file but I'm not sure how to related that to Advanced Launcher.
Advanced Launcher allows you to start application using command lines on most of the existing system. Now, if you do not know how and what application to lunch... it is effectively nothing related to Advanced launcher. Concerning your problem : http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=183527

The tuturial states to use either su or am as the application. My questions is: how does it know which application to launch? For instance, if I want to run the MD.emu application that I have installed from an .apk, how does it know where that is located? Is it simply from the argument line having "com.explusalpha.MdEmu/com.imagine.BaseActivity" in it? Doesn't seem plausible.

Basically I can get everything imported but when I click on a ROM file, it does nothing. I can easily get this working on my PC because I know where the .exe file is located. On the FireTV, I don't know where the .apk installs the emulators.
(2015-03-27, 17:56)subwoofer Wrote:
(2015-03-27, 17:49)Angelscry Wrote:

The tuturial states to use either su or am as the application. My questions is: how does it know which application to launch? For instance, if I want to run the MD.emu application that I have installed from an .apk, how does it know where that is located? Is it simply from the argument line having "com.explusalpha.MdEmu/com.imagine.BaseActivity" in it? Doesn't seem plausible.

Basically I can get everything imported but when I click on a ROM file, it does nothing. I can easily get this working on my PC because I know where the .exe file is located. On the FireTV, I don't know where the .apk installs the emulators.
I understand your problem... but would not be better to ask your question on a FireTV dedicated forum? FireTV users may surely better know than Kodi users where application files are located on their system.
(2015-03-27, 18:22)Angelscry Wrote:
(2015-03-27, 17:56)subwoofer Wrote:
(2015-03-27, 17:49)Angelscry Wrote: Advanced Launcher allows you to start application using command lines on most of the existing system. Now, if you do not know how and what application to lunch... it is effectively nothing related to Advanced launcher. Concerning your problem : http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=183527

I understand your problem... but would not be better to ask your question on a FireTV dedicated forum? FireTV users may surely better know than Kodi users where application files are located on their system.

I'll try asking there but I get more responses here and this place seems more helpful.

So am I pointing the application to the correct place by using /usr/xbin/su or do I need the location of the emulator added after that? Or do I just put the location of the emulator in that section? I would guess the latter here since that is what I did on my PC.

Where are your emulator files located (if that is what you are using to launch these) on your Linux or Android system? If I can get an idea of where your files are located then I can find mine. Right now I'm using a guiADB tool to transfer files over and it doesn't have a great search feature.
(2015-03-27, 18:31)subwoofer Wrote:
(2015-03-27, 18:22)Angelscry Wrote:
(2015-03-27, 17:56)subwoofer Wrote: The tuturial states to use either su or am as the application. My questions is: how does it know which application to launch? For instance, if I want to run the MD.emu application that I have installed from an .apk, how does it know where that is located? Is it simply from the argument line having "com.explusalpha.MdEmu/com.imagine.BaseActivity" in it? Doesn't seem plausible.

I'll try asking there but I get more responses here and this place seems more helpful.

So am I pointing the application to the correct place by using /usr/xbin/su or do I need the location of the emulator added after that? Or do I just put the location of the emulator in that section? I would guess the latter here since that is what I did on my PC.

Where are your emulator files located (if that is what you are using to launch these) on your Linux or Android system? If I can get an idea of where your files are located then I can find mine. Right now I'm using a guiADB tool to transfer files over and it doesn't have a great search feature.
I do not use Advanced Launcher on android based system. But as I understand the content of the link I send you, use /usr/xbin/su or /usr/bin/am as application (I do not know which one is actually working on your systeme) and indicated the location of the emulator application binary into the argument field.

So the command line must be somthing like this :

/usr/bin/am start -n com.explusalpha.MdEmu/com.imagine.BaseActivity -a android.intent.action.VIEW -eu Uri "file://%rom%"
  • /usr/bin/am is the command used to give you the rights to do something on your system.
  • start -n is the command used to start application
  • com.explusalpha.MdEmu/com.imagine.BaseActivity is the name of the application to start
  • -a android.intent.action.VIEW is the action to do with the application (here VIEW/OPEN)
  • -eu Uri "file://%rom%" indicate which file VIEW/OPEN with the application

Into Advanced Launcher it will look like this :
  • Application : /usr/bin/am
  • Argument : start -n com.explusalpha.MdEmu/com.imagine.BaseActivity -a android.intent.action.VIEW -eu Uri "file://%rom%"

Now... where found com.explusalpha.MdEmu? If I do not mistake, on most android system they are installed into /data/data/ folder.
Hi, been using Advanced Launcher for quite a long time now and I'm rebuilding my games database after a major system crash that forced me to reformat the whole drive. Anyway, there was something I was wondering about. I noticed that in some views, there are fields that are just empty no matter what you do, such as the one below. I've tried using the <premiered> tag in the .nfo file but nothing shows up. Any idea why that might be? Thanks for your help, and great work!

I can understand Angelscry not to maintain and develop this add-on any more (also big thanks from my side for his work, it really is a great add-on).
But I cannot understand why the existing release is not availalbe for installation any more in the common repositories. It cannot be installed any more on any XBMC installation, e.g. Gotham, due to some not fulfilled requirements. However, the last release of advanced launcher worked properly with XBMC Gotham, and it did not become worst just because it will not be further developed any more. And based on Angelscry's earlier post it still can be installed from zip-file from Github, so it still should work. But why is it not available for installation any more in the repositories for XBMC Gotham?

I had to reinstall XBMC on my computer due to some hardware issues, and now I cannot get one of the most important add-ons any more. That makes XBMC much less valuable...
I really hope this will be further developed...
(2015-03-30, 08:18)phreichmuth Wrote: I can understand somehow that the advanced launcher is not further developed any more. But I cannot understand why the existing release is not availalbe for installation any more. It cannot be installed any more on any XBMC installation, e.g. Gotham, due to some not fulfilled requirements. However, the last release of advanced launcher worked properly with XBMC Gotham, and it did not become worst just because it will not be further developed any more. So why is it not available for installation any more?

I had to reinstall XBMC on my computer due to some hardware issues, and now I cannot get one of the most important add-ons any more. That makes XBMC much less valuable...

I got Advanced Launcher from Angelscry's GitHub and installed it without problems on Helix 14.1.

I hope someone will take the mantle, because this addon is VERY useful, if only to keep it compatible with further Kodi versions.
(2015-03-30, 04:52)DravinSharde Wrote: Hi, been using Advanced Launcher for quite a long time now and I'm rebuilding my games database after a major system crash that forced me to reformat the whole drive. Anyway, there was something I was wondering about. I noticed that in some views, there are fields that are just empty no matter what you do, such as the one below. I've tried using the <premiered> tag in the .nfo file but nothing shows up. Any idea why that might be? Thanks for your help, and great work!
The premiered value is not included into Advanced Launcher.
(2015-03-30, 08:18)phreichmuth Wrote: And based on Angelscry's earlier post it still can be installed from zip-file from Github, so it still should work. But why is it not available for installation any more in the repositories for XBMC Gotham?

I really hope this will be further developed...
Advanced Launcher is not availiable into the official Kodi repository because Advanced Launcher code content to not respect one of the repository rules (Advanced Launcher include some deprecated python code that make it still compatible with old version of XBMC). So Advanced Launcher cannot be hosted in state into the official Kodi repository.

Advanced Launcher has also been removed from the Gotham repository because the hosted version was not working and was not provided by me.
(2015-03-30, 08:36)ldavet Wrote:
(2015-03-30, 08:18)phreichmuth Wrote: I can understand somehow that the advanced launcher is not further developed any more. But I cannot understand why the existing release is not availalbe for installation any more. It cannot be installed any more on any XBMC installation, e.g. Gotham, due to some not fulfilled requirements. However, the last release of advanced launcher worked properly with XBMC Gotham, and it did not become worst just because it will not be further developed any more. So why is it not available for installation any more?

I got Advanced Launcher from Angelscry's GitHub and installed it without problems on Helix 14.1.

I hope someone will take the mantle, because this addon is VERY useful, if only to keep it compatible with further Kodi versions.
Advanced Launcher as now reached maturity. It's actually a popular add-on used by a lot of users, and the last bug report has been posted 7 months ago. The only known bug, due to random listitem flush, that cause launchers.xml corruption is due to Kodi and have been reported to devellopers 2 years ago. The only support that I have given during last time was not related to Advanced Launcher but to skins (that do not display the right informations) or to applications (that users do not know how to use their command line). I'm not interested to give this kind of support.
  • 435(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24