• 447(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
(2016-02-25, 12:13)Rufoo Wrote:
(2016-02-25, 06:39)Aubins Wrote: Random question...is there any way to customize the way the launcher looks? I noticed on Rom Collection Browser that you can change the skin on the add-on and also change the view listings to look...well fancier than stock. Does Advanced have any customization?

Advanced Launcher is reliant upon the parent skin to provide the views for it whereas Rom Collection Browser packs in its own views. Ergo, you need to use a skin which has fancy views for their addon sections as AL doesn't come with any.

Awesome! Thanks so much for the clarification.
ok my theory of the internal storage and scrapping thumbnails did not work

anyone got any other ides? scrapper always comes back saying no thumbs or artwork found yet it populates the image in the launchers.xml file
Im having the same problem. I am familiar with scraping my collect...I did it all the time with Rom Collection Browser. Since thegamesDB has gone under, I havent been able to scrape anything using RCB since it was the only scraper that worked properly. Now I'm trying out Advanced Launcher and I can't get anything to scrape from anywhere. Is it an issue with the online databases? Maybe im just doing something completely wrong here.
(2016-02-26, 03:44)Aubins Wrote: Im having the same problem. I am familiar with scraping my collect...I did it all the time with Rom Collection Browser. Since thegamesDB has gone under, I havent been able to scrape anything using RCB since it was the only scraper that worked properly. Now I'm trying out Advanced Launcher and I can't get anything to scrape from anywhere. Is it an issue with the online databases? Maybe im just doing something completely wrong here.

I also tried RCB last night and get the same thing.

I have a lot of the images locally unfortunately i found out last night my entire snes collection has somehow seemed to have gained a space at the end of the rom file name and the thumbs dont have the space and advance launcher needs both files the same otherwise it will not show the image even if you link it locally.

looks like this weekend is gonna be spent renaming a lot of roms.

anyone know of any good pc based scrapper or rom renaming programes out there?
(2016-02-26, 03:44)Aubins Wrote: Im having the same problem. I am familiar with scraping my collect...I did it all the time with Rom Collection Browser. Since thegamesDB has gone under, I havent been able to scrape anything using RCB since it was the only scraper that worked properly. Now I'm trying out Advanced Launcher and I can't get anything to scrape from anywhere. Is it an issue with the online databases? Maybe im just doing something completely wrong here.

AL is starting to fall further and further into redundancy on the scraper side as more and more of the sources are going offline or are intermittent. Allgame went last year and TheGamesDB sadly is touch and go (and recently offline). Even if new addons come about there still needs to be scrapers to serve them of which the pool grows more limited.

TheGamesDB is fantastic for thumbnails and box art so it will be a loss if it has come to the end of the road. Otherwise you'll be stuck doing things manually and when it comes to sourcing images that can be a true labour if you have a sizeable game collection.
GamesDb seems to have started working again tonight all be it very slowly
Guys has anyone got a set-up that launches PC games from advance launcher using steam in home streaming?

I now have a windows box with kodi and advance launcher and have steam installed which streams games from my pc upstairs. If i can make a shortcut from steam to luanch the game should it be easy enough to have this linked in advance launcher?
You can use the steam launcher add on...even thou it is not launching game directly from kodi...I didn't tested it but it must work.
Hey guys, I'm looking for some help regarding launching Rom Collection Browser through Advanced Launcher. My goal is to make a "Games" menu item that leads to an Advanced Launcher category. This has worked successfully so far, but when I close Rom Collection Browser after opening it through Advanced Launcher, Kodi starts to hang. Kodi is slower and I can't launch Advanced Launcher or Rom Collection Browser. I haven't had any problems opening other addons with Advanced Launcher in the past, and opening Rom Collection Browser through any other method is also fine. I'm not sure if the problem is Advanced Launcher or Rom Collection Browser, or what I can do to fix it. Any ideas on what's happening?
where can I download the advanced launcher addon from?
(2016-03-10, 18:03)mrhyde1969 Wrote: where can I download the advanced launcher addon from?

Look harder. I posted a link to it on my Google Drive a few pages back. Smile
(2016-03-10, 18:03)mrhyde1969 Wrote: where can I download the advanced launcher addon from?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wbyte293rfqw2k...r.zip?dl=0
Hi

I am having a problem pointing the launcher to the correct exe file...when i click on "Standalone Lancher (Normal Executable)", it takes me to the page that says "Select Launcher Application", when there it doesn't show me any directories to navigate, to find the program i want to launch...It only gives me an option of choosing "Superrepo"....If i plug a usb flash drive in it picks that up and lets me navigate there, but it wont let me navigate my C drive in my pc

Please can someone tell me what i am, doing wrong.

Thanks
I feel like I'm doing something incredibly dumb, as I can't find anyone else mentioning this issue, anywhere. I installed AL from Rufoo's dropbox link, but I'm unable to add any sources. I right-click "Default" and choose "Manage sources", but there's no way to add a new source that I can see. All I get is a File Manager screen with an "A" on the left, "B" on the right. Both A and B show a ".." which doesn't go anywhere, my E: drive (DVD/Blueray drive), and "Profile directory". There is no button to add a new source.

All I want to do is launch the Win10 Netflix app, but extensive searching has given me zero other addons that will launch an external program without me going in and trying to reverse-engineer them to launch something different than what they were intended to (Steam Launcher, Chrome Launcher, etc.)

Using Kodi 16 Jarvis on Windows 10 Education x64.

A friendly whack on the back of my head with a clue-by-four would be appreciated.
@Rufoo:
Hi! Have you released your improved version of Advanced Launcher addon?
Thx
  • 447(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24