[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC

Thread Rating:
  • 24 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
idojius Offline
Hello,

I would like to be able to launch a batch file in Kodi that opens a certain application (like Chrome, Spotify, or an emulation frontend), then closes Kodi, and when I close the application reopens Kodi again. That´s my intention but I´m quite new at programming and I don´t know what I have to put into the script.

I´ve been searching on this thread but I can´t find the code. I would appreciate if someone on this thread could give me any advice.

Sorry for my bad English but I´m from Spain and this is not my main language.

Best regards,
(This post was last modified: 2015-08-17 20:49 by idojius.)
find quote
dpandkp Offline
(2015-08-17 20:39)idojius Wrote:  Hello,

I would like to be able to launch a batch file in Kodi that opens a certain application (like Chrome, Spotify, or an emulation frontend), then closes Kodi, and when I close the application reopens Kodi again. That´s my intention but I´m quite new at programming and I don´t know what I have to put into the script.

I´ve been searching on this thread but I can´t find the code. I would appreciate if someone on this thread could give me any advice.

Best regards,

Good afternoon. Research a microsoft app called pssuspend. I use pssuspend to auto close KOdi/XBMC at the launch of an app and then re-activate after the app closes. When you set up a launcher you'll want to use the format of "filename/link" {exename of app to monitor}. For example, one of the batch files I use for loading PSP roms has an argument set of "Dungeon Siege Throne of Agony" PPSSPPWindows.exe.

Therefore, when the PPSSPPWindows.exe process ends, Kodi/EBMC will re-open and fullscreen maximize.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
D
find quote
idojius Offline
(2015-08-17 20:57)dpandkp Wrote:  
(2015-08-17 20:39)idojius Wrote:  Hello,

Best regards,

Good afternoon. Research a microsoft app called pssuspend. I use pssuspend to auto close KOdi/XBMC at the launch of an app and then re-activate after the app closes. When you set up a launcher you'll want to use the format of "filename/link" {exename of app to monitor}. For example, one of the batch files I use for loading PSP roms has an argument set of "Dungeon Siege Throne of Agony" PPSSPPWindows.exe.

Therefore, when the PPSSPPWindows.exe process ends, Kodi/EBMC will re-open and fullscreen maximize.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
D

Thank you, I´m going to give it a try.
find quote
dcquence Offline
You could write a very simple batch file that does the same thing. Just have a batch file that contains:

taskkill /im kodi.exe /f && timeout 1 && "C:\path to application" && "C:\program files (x86)\kodi\kodi.exe"

Not sure if AL can point directly to a .BAT file but if not just make a shortcut to it and point to the .LNK file.

Edit: this version works much better. I use a VBS script personally but that's due to all my games being password protected from the kids.
(This post was last modified: 2015-08-19 06:50 by dcquence.)
find quote
idojius_86 Offline
Tbanks, I didn't have time yet to try, but I' ll do and see if it works. Thanks fior the answers.
find quote
icedeath82 Offline
Hi, I 'm totally despair and bekomm it just go not , I have to die with emulators RetroArch run as a starter here comes the Advanced Launcher to use ... but it's just not the emus not start here 's an example from the config - I have one probably yes was done wrong . Sorry for my english had to Google Translation

<id>4acfe08271bbe39dded21d07f2c1d8aa</id>
<name>Nintendo N64</name>
<category>default</category>
<application>I:\Emulatoren\RetroArch CRD\retroarch.exe</application>
<args>-f -D -L mupen64plus_libretro.dll "%ROM%"</args>
<rompath>D:\Roms\Nintendo N64\Roms Sotiert\</rompath>
<thumbpath>D:\Roms\Nintendo N64\Roms Sotiert\</thumbpath>
<fanartpath>D:\Roms\Nintendo N64\Roms Sotiert\</fanartpath>
<trailerpath></trailerpath>
<custompath></custompath>
<romext>z64|7z</romext>
<platform>Nintendo 64</platform>
<thumb></thumb>
<fanart></fanart>
<genre></genre>
<release></release>
<publisher></publisher>
<launcherplot></launcherplot>
<finished>false</finished>
<minimize>false</minimize>
<lnk>true</lnk>
<roms>
find quote
brendansound Offline
Try switching:

(2015-08-21 21:59)icedeath82 Wrote:  <args>-f -D -L mupen64plus_libretro.dll "%ROM%"</args>

to

<args>-f -D -L "/DIRECTORY/TO/THIS/mupen64plus_libretro.dll" "%rom%"</args>

??

Taking a swing in the dark here.
find quote