• 452(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
@bakito

I tried moving the items to 'default' but it gave me the same "Target Category" error. Any other ideas?
(2016-09-15, 07:25)Magic815 Wrote: @bakito

I tried moving the items to 'default' but it gave me the same "Target Category" error. Any other ideas?

I am getting the same error... does not matter if i Delete "launchers.xml" or uninstall the whole thing... start from scratch.
Create my own category or not, use default or not...everytime I select it I get that "Target Category" error.

Currently.. Advanced Emulator launcher doesn't work (Keeps telling me my rom collection is empty...and I must add Roms. When I add it manually it comes up with a error.) , this does not work and I can't get Rom Collection Browser to work either. Feel like a real failure. lol

Does using Retroplayer build of Krypton beta 2 make a difference?

Kind Regards.
(2016-09-15, 18:20)Javah Wrote:
(2016-09-15, 07:25)Magic815 Wrote: @bakito

I am getting the same error... does not matter if i Delete "launchers.xml" or uninstall the whole thing... start from scratch.
Create my own category or not, use default or not...everytime I select it I get that "Target Category" error.

Currently.. Advanced Emulator launcher doesn't work (Keeps telling me my rom collection is empty...and I must add Roms. When I add it manually it comes up with a error.) , this does not work and I can't get Rom Collection Browser to work either. Feel like a real failure. lol

Does using Retroplayer build of Krypton beta 2 make a difference?

Kind Regards.

Both Advanced Launcher and ROM Collection Browser are officially not maintained anymore. Why don't give Advanced Emulator Launcher a try? It works perfectly well with Jarvis/Krypton and since it's an evolution of Advanced Launcher you will find it familiar to use, although with a lot more features.
Hi there,

I have just found this addon and it looks like it should do what i want.

I am using kodibuntu and I have managed to set chromium-browser as the path and it executes it just fine. The only problem is that it doesnt go into full screen.

Does anyone know how I can achieve this or point me in the right direction.

Thanks.
Try to add this to your command argument, adjusting window-size with your screen resolution :
Code:
--window-size=1920,1080 --window-position=0,0 --chrome-frame
Thanks for that. I actually found my problem after all. What I needed to do was to open up the Lubuntu desktop and drag all the corners of the Chromium window to their max. Now it starts in full screen.

I am going to do a guide on my experience and piece together all the posts that I used to help anyone else installing KodiBuntu and getting the Built in Chromium browser to work whilst boot into Kodi on startup
Any way I can get this to work with a special path? I would like to have All the Retroarch files and .exe in the Userdata folder. I can point to it no problem, but it wont open the .EXE from userdata. I know its possible, bt how?
It seems realy exceptional. Only tested it for approximately an hour. Tested with SNES9x and nestopia. I realy just like the scraping feature, but is there a manner to scrape all games in one operation as opposed to one on the time? Allso I want it may release the emulators greater seamles. Essay help
Updates since 1.13.1
  • Fix GameFAQs, MobyGames, TheGamesDB, arcadeHITS, and Google scrapers.
  • Update Google scraper to use new Google image sizes.
  • Remove AllGame (RIP), HTBackdrops (RIP), and ComicVine (bad API, quick bans) scrapers.
  • Add message when GameFAQs has blocked your account for excessive searches.
  • Updated script compatibility for Krypton+.

Installation Instructions
  • Create a backup of your Advanced Launcher plugin and userdata folders to be safe.
  • Go to the github page
  • Click the "Clone or download" button on the upper right of the screen and select "Download Zip"
  • Install Zip file into Kodi using the Addon Browser's "Install from Zip file" functionality.
    • You may need to change your Kodi settings to allow installing from unknown sources before you see the option to "Install from Zip File"
  • Note that if you have assigned links/favorites to locations within Advanced Launcher they may not work with this build. To fix this, access Advanced Launcher through the Kodi Addon Browser and recreate your favorites/assign links.

Q&A
  • Q: What is this?
  • A: An unofficial update to the original Advanced Launcher plugin by Angelscry.  My goal was only to replicate/restore functionality in the plugin that had become unusable due to API or scraper site changes. Be aware that this is irrespective of any scraper site policy changes that may have occurred since AL launched, so if site scraping gets you banned from GameFAQs or Google that is not my concern.
  • Q: Are you going to maintain/support Advanced Launcher from now on?
  • A: No, I unfortunately don't have enough time to maintain or support this plugin.  I had a couple of weeks free which let me fix the extant issues and this plugin is important enough to my setup to justify using that time, but normally I'm lucky if I have an hour available to split to my other projects.  I'm hoping someone else can maintain/support the plugin but if not, we'll have to rely on the occasional person coming through to fix the issues.
  • Q: What happened to ComicVine?
  • A: The API used to access ComicVine in the past has been discontinued by Google so we would have needed to directly scrape their site to make it work.  While I tried to make this work, the site proved to be incredibly quick to ban automatic scrapers and the results I was getting from the site weren't that great to begin with (hundreds of results of minimal relevance).  Instead of trying to work around the bans and put together a mediocre scraper, I thought it would be better to release the plugin sooner without it.  I don't intend to create a ComicVine/other comic site scraper in the future, but if someone does put one together please send me a PR and I'll get it in the plugin.
It looks nice.
Hi All,

Just updated Advanced Launcher to the latest Advanced Launcher source (2.5.8) and updated the scrapers aside from TheGamesDB which will take a while to implement and looks like it's about to change up again. 

You can find instructions for downloading and installing the latest source in my post above.
Can someone clue me in as to this error I get when using it with Kodi 18 RC5?

Error Contents: No module named AllGame.datas_scraper
Are you using my unofficial build? If so, it might be that your old settings file is asking the data scraper to look for allgame even though the scraper has been removed. Try resetting your settings by opening user_settings/plugins/plugin.program.advanced.launcher, making a backup of the folder, and then deleting (only) settings.xml.

That should reset your settings without resetting your launchers, but if you have any problems afterward you can just restore your backup.
Hi SpiralCut, check please settings.xml in your repository. This file still contains AllGame scraper link and therefore I can't install plugin at clear system without any settings.
Thank you for your work Smile
Oops, nice catch.  I've pushed a fix to this to git so please try it out and see if it fixes your problem.
  • 452(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24