Live Dharma RC1 - LCD enable ?
I've just taken the plunge, wiped Windows and gone to a full XBMC Live install. I have only one major problem at the moment - the setting in the XBMC "Settings" area to enable the LCD (through LCDProc) doesn't seem to be available (ie; there's no option at all to change in Confluence)

Has this option moved ? Is there an XML file somewhere I need to edit to manually enable XBMC to use LCDproc instead ??

I have lcdproc up and running, but XBMC doesn't seem to be talking to it. LCD.xml is in userdata, but I can't find the setting to enable XBMC to use lcdproc at all. I'm sure it was in a previous beta (I couldn't get sound to work in that attempt) so I'm wondering if this is RC1 related ?

Any/all help gratefully appreciated.
same problem here!
"enable lcd" option disappeared on upgrading from beta3 to rc1 :-(
Hi,

I noticed the lack of LCD Settings in Dharma RC1 (Possible BUG?) as well.
A (hopefully temporary) workaround is manually editing the 'guisettings.xml' file.

Find the following section (almost at the bottom):

<videoscreen>
<guicalibration></guicalibration>
<haslcd>false</haslcd>
<resolution>16</resolution>
<screen>0</screen>
<screenmode>00128000720050.00000</screenmode>
<testpattern></testpattern>
<vsync>2</vsync>
</videoscreen>

Notice the '<haslcd>false</haslcd>' line...Huh
Well, edit it to look like this:

<haslcd>true</haslcd>

Save the file & restart XBMC.

Good luck,
Quin
it works all right, thank you quintixbox!
You're welcome, hope Utumno gets it to work as well.
Bizarre - my <haslcd> line keeps resetting to "false" every time I reboot my XBMC Live install. I wonder if my lcdproc config is wrong (I get the heartbeat OK though) and XBMC is trying to connect to the daemon but burping on it.

Thanks for the info Quintixbox, I'll keep digging as I suspect my lcdproc install is also broken somehow (have had lcdproc working successfully before, so I've probably just missed a step somewhere)

If anyone has any handy hints or links to lcdproc howto's I'd appreciate it, and thanks for the help here.
Utumno Wrote:Bizarre - my <haslcd> line keeps resetting to "false" every time I reboot my XBMC Live install. I wonder if my lcdproc config is wrong (I get the heartbeat OK though) and XBMC is trying to connect to the daemon but burping on it.

[snip]

If anyone has any handy hints or links to lcdproc howto's I'd appreciate it, and thanks for the help here.

To keep the <haslcd> tag from being overwritten, it looks like you need to edit it while xbmc-live is not running:

sudo stop xbmc-live
(then edit your guisettings.xml file)
sudo start xbmc-live

As for your lcdproc install, here's what I do to get mine working. (I have the Soundgraph imon VFD, so your procedure will probably be a little different)

1. apt-get update
2. apt-get install lcdproc
3. Edit /etc/LCDd.conf ---> Driver=imon
b. Edit Hello and GoodBye to your liking
5. Edit /etc/lcdproc.conf to your liking
6. Create /etc/modprobe.d/lirc_imon.conf with...

options lirc_imon display_type=1

7. Enable LCD/VFD in xbmc settings (now in guisettings.xml)
8. Reboot

Hope this helps.
Many thanks everyone, it was jokono's advice to stop XBMC first that clinched the fix.

Many thanks for helping a relative Linux n00b -- I've been wanting to ditch Windows for a long time, and have finally succeeded with Dharma RC1!

Ut.
Hi,

I recently installed latest stable Live version and I'm trying to get my iMON VFD to work.
Unfortunately the LCD enable option in XBMC settings/system is missing.
I already tried the trick mentioned above - the haslcd option in guisettings.xml is "permanently" set to true. Unfortunately it didn't change anything.

I'll be most grateful for your help.
Exit XBMC, edit guisettings.xml, start XBMC Smile
bobo1on1 Wrote:Exit XBMC, edit guisettings.xml, start XBMC Smile

Well, that's exactly what I did.
The haslcd value remains "true" after restart. Unfortunately, the LCD enable option is still missing.
I already formated HDD and reinstalled XBMC twice - still no LCD option.

lcdproc is working - the VFD shows wellcome message.
Well yeah you'll never get the LCD option in the gui without changing the code and recompiling.
what command do i need to use to edit guisettings.xml. Sorry for the noobness.Huh
sudo nano /path/file
Can you be more specific im still unsure

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live Dharma RC1 - LCD enable ?0